In the summer months, many families in the Cumming area head to the swimming pool for a day of sun and recreation. While the pool is entertaining for all ages, it unfortunately also has a risk of accidents and injuries. If you or someone in your family has suffered injury at a swimming pool, you should always contact an experienced Cumming premises liability lawyer as soon as possible to discuss a possible case.
Negligence Causes Swimming Pool Injuries
Owners of swimming pools have a duty to keep the premises in and around the pool safe for all users. Due to high risk of injuries and drowning, there are numerous federal regulations regarding pool maintenance and safety, enforced by the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC). Despite these strict regulations, many pool owners fail to comply and have dangerous conditions that resulting serious or fatal injuries.
Acts of negligence that commonly cause swimming pool injuries include the following:
- Not having a proper barrier around the pool to keep out unsupervised children.
- Not having a proper gate with a latch or lock that is out of the reach of small children.
- Having ill-maintained tile or surfaces surrounding the pool.
- Leaving tools, hoses, or other obstacles out around the pool perimeter.
- Not having drain covers in compliance with the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act (P&SS Act).
- Failing to post depth markers.
- Failing to post signs displaying necessary warnings, such as no lifeguard on duty or no diving.
These are only some of the negligent acts that can cause injury and for which pool owners should be held responsible.
Contact a Cumming Premises Liability Attorney for a free consultation
The pool should be a place for enjoyment, not for injuries. If you or your child suffered injury at a swimming pool in Cumming because the pool owner was negligent, you deserve to receive full compensation for your medical bills and other injury-related losses. At Spaulding Injury Law, our personal injury attorneys are committed to helping victims recover from unexpected and unnecessary accidents and injuries. Do not hesitate to call (770) 887-3162 to schedule a free consultation with one of our highly experienced premises liability lawyers today.