The residents of Alpharetta are diverse. You are just as likely to see the CEO of some of the most influential companies in the world as you are to see a hard-working American farmer. This is evident when you consider that Alpharetta has a downtown area and fascinating attractions, as well as the surrounding mountains and woods. Whether you are looking for a quiet evening with delicious food and great company, or something more exciting, you will feel right at home here. Let’s look at a few of the activities that are popular in Alpharetta.
Wills Park Equestrian Center
This is the perfect activity for everyone in the group. The beautiful 500-acre park has open fields and rolling hills perfect for riding. There is also covered and uncovered rings, concessions, restrooms, and training areas. There are 298 horse stalls. This facility is family friendly. It offers hiking and riding trails, sports fields, swimming, a dog park, and a full calendar of events that are booked annually. There is no shortage of fun here.
Big Creek Greenway
This 6-mile path is a great hiking and biking trail. When you enter the woods near Big Creek, you leave the city 100 miles away. You can rent a bike nearby or bring your rollerblades. The winding trails, connecting boardwalks, and rolling creek make this site a must-see.
Golf is a popular sport in Alpharetta. Here are the five area golf courses you can enjoy:
- Top Golf – Alpharetta
- White Columns Country Club
- Echelon Golf Club
- Deer Valley Golf Range
- Trophy Club of Atlanta
Avalon is a modern indoor/outdoor shopping mall. High-quality stores and vendors with fun restaurants and a movie theater make this a popular choice. Avalon has many different options for visitors of all ages. You and your group can find everything you need while you enjoy lunch and a movie afterward. Outdoor dining sometimes includes live entertainment. Make sure you stop here for all your shopping needs.
While several of these museums are not in Alpharetta, they are all close to the city. These museums have been selected because of their significance and convenience to Alpharetta.
- Southeastern Railway Museum (Duluth – 11 miles)
- This is a fun adventure for visitors who love history or trains. There are trains, trucks, military vehicles, and pictures that take you through the evolution of trains. There is also a short train ride that everyone will enjoy.
- Anne Frank In The World: 1929 – 1945 (Sandy Springs – 11 miles)
- Discover the world of Anne Frank as she experienced one of the darkest times in world history. This is a very moving experience.
- Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History (Kennesaw – 22 miles)
- Charming displays of Southern history and a collection of trains that will keep children interested. There is a play area for little ones, and games and prizes too. Great family fun.
There are a ton of family fun activities waiting for you and your family in Alpharetta. These include:
- I-max Theatre Adventures
- Urban Escape rooms
- Indoor karting
- Horse and buggy rides
- Fine dining (or casual dining)
- Clubs and bars
So, visit Alpharetta, and plan to stay a few days. This city is a beautiful community that offers visitors the best of the South.