Recover Full and Fair Compensation For Your Injuries
Being injured in a serious accident is something no one ever sees coming. It’s a scary experience that we hope no one has to go through. Unfortunately, however, accidents are a part of life and they happen every day in Alpharetta and its surrounding areas.
Spaulding Injury Law: Alpharetta Personal Injury Lawyer is a law firm with offices here in Alpharetta. Our sole mission is to help injury victims like yourself get the best possible legal outcome after a serious accident.
We’re Knowledgeable and Experienced
When you’re injured in an accident, it can be a confusing and overwhelming time. You may not know what to do or where to turn for help. That’s where we come in.
Our compassionate Alpharetta injury lawyer is dedicated to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve. We’ll work with you every step of the way to understand your rights and options, and we’ll fight for you in court if necessary. Here are some of the ways we can help you:
- Meet with you to discuss your accident and injuries.
- Explore your legal options and help you choose the best course of action.
- Handle the legal aspects of your case, such as obtaining medical records and filing claims.
- Answer your questions throughout the process.
- Keep you updated on the status of your case.
- Fight for you in court to get the compensation you deserve.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Our Alpharetta Location
If you or a loved one has been injured because of the negligent acts of another person in Alpharetta, GA, it’s imperative that you seek legal representation as soon as possible. Some of our many practice areas include:
- Auto accidents: If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a negligent driver, don’t wait longer to seek legal representation from an experienced attorney at Spaulding Injury Law. Our award-winning car accident lawyers know the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win. Check our Alpharetta car accident page for more helpful information on car accident claims
- Motorcycle accidents: Were you injured in a motorcycle accident in Alpharetta, GA, or its surroundings? Our lawyers can help you recover from your losses. We have decades of combined experience handling local personal injury cases. Check our Alpharetta motorcycle accident page for more helpful information on bike accident claims.
- Truck accidents: Semi-trucks are the largest vehicles that you will encounter while driving in the state of Georgia. Because of their size and weight, they can cause a significant amount of damage if they crash into other vehicles on the road. Check our Alpharetta truck accident page for more helpful information on truck accident claims.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Alpharetta Get Results
When it comes to your personal injury case, you want a legal team on your side who has a strong track record of success. Our Spaulding Injury Law: Alpharetta Personal Injury Lawyer law fir has what it takes to maximize our clients’ results – both during settlement negotiations and at trial. Some of our most recent favorable results include:
- A $1.5 million federal court jury award – following a three-week jury trial – stemming from a medical device dispute
- A $1.5 million settlement – before suit was filed for adult children of a man killed in a head-on wreck in North Georgia.
- A $1.4 million compensation obtained – for the family of a deceased worker killed in a forklift accident at work before trial.
- A $1.2 million recovered – from a head-on collision which killed our client’s husband and severely injured the wife.
- A $1.1 million settlement – we were able to obtain all insurance policy limits available to a client who suffered severe injuries when a commercial truck turned in front of his motorcycle causing him to fly over the hood of the truck.
- A $1.1 million wrongful death compensation – obtained from life insurance policies for a husband who accidentally shot his wife while target shooting in their backyard before trial
- A $1,000,000.00 settlement in a tractor-trailer collision that resulted in severe injuries and extensive medical treatment
- A $750,000.00 settlement – following mediation – where our clients suffered back injuries following a rear-end impact from a tractor-trailer in rush hour traffic
- A $665,000.00 settlement following our clients’ exposure to toxic black mold in their home
- A $650,000.00 settlement from a rear-end collision involving a distracted teenage driver who testified he looked down to change radio stations failing to realize our client’s vehicle had been stopped in the roadway in front of him.
- A $425,000.00 result obtained for our client who was a passenger in a vehicle driven by a friend who had been drinking heavily at a restaurant
These are just a few examples of our many successes. We are committed to fighting for our clients and getting them the compensation they deserve.
Why Do You Need A Lawyer After An Accident?
If you’ve been injured in an accident, especially a motor vehicle accident, there’s likely an insurance company involved. Insurance companies, despite the funny commercials we are used to seeing on TV (featuring friendly athletes and celebrities), are like any other business that wants to make as much profit as possible.
One of the ways it does this is by paying injured folks like yourself as little as they can get away with.
This is where a sesoned Alpharetta personal injury attorney can help. We are highly experienced in fighting the insurance companies and have time and time again been able to get justice for our clients in Alpharetta who have been injured.
Another benefit of our services is that we work on a contingency basis which means if we don’t get you a recovery in your personal injury case, you don’t pay us a single dollar. We only get paid if we get a successful outcome.*
What is the process for an Alpharetta Personal Injury Lawsuit?
1. An injury has occurred and an attorney is searched for.
The first thing that has to happen is you or someone you know has suffered an injury as the result of another negligent party. The next thing to do is to contact us for a free consultation. We will meet and discuss the details of how the injury occurred. If, after the initial consultation, it appears that you might have a case, we would agree to conduct an exploratory investigation and determine if the other party has applicable insurance and/or sufficient assets to cover any settlement or judgment. If the consultation and investigation lead us to conclude that the case is viable, a fee agreement will be signed and the attorney-client relationship will be official.
2. A complaint is filed and served
After establishing that a legitimate case exists, the plaintiff’s attorney will file a personal injury complaint. After the complaint is filed, we will have a month or more to locate the defendant and “serve” the complaint on him or her. All this means is that we physically deliver the complaint to the defendant in a way that can be verified, ensuring the defendant cannot later claim to not know about the lawsuit.
3. Pre-Trial and Discovery
Discovery is a pre-trial procedure where we and the other party, through the law of civil procedure, can obtain evidence from the other party or parties by means of discovery devices such as interrogatories, requests for production of documents, requests for admissions, and depositions. The purpose of discovery is to encourage parties to reach a resolution of disputes on their own, without resort to a full trial by the court. The free flow of information between the parties to a lawsuit is intended to enable each side to better assess the case, including the strengths and weaknesses of both sides, thereby promoting a more realistic view of likely outcomes that will lead to settlement.
It’s possible for a case to go to trial but most personal injury cases will end in a settlement. At any point in the process described above, the parties can settle and end the case, even before the complaint is filed.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
Our Alpharetta location is staffed and can accommodate your injury case. The types of personal injury cases we handle include:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip & Falls
- Back & Neck Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accident
- MARTA Accident
- Product Liability
When Should You Hire An Alpharetta Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you have been injured because of another person’s negligence, get in touch with an Alpharetta personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
If you wait to contact an attorney, you may make mistakes when talking to the insurance company, receiving medical treatment, or documenting evidence that could affect the outcome of your case. Consult with an attorney immediately after you sustain your injuries so you know exactly what to do to strengthen your case and improve your chances of recovering compensation.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Many people are under the impression that paying for a personal injury lawyer is something that they cannot afford, so they end up never hiring an attorney to represent them after they have been injured.
We work on a Contingency Fee basis. We don’t ask for money upfront and only collect a fee if we successfully recover compensation. Not only does this mean that you won’t have to pay anything right away, but it also means we will be even more motivated to reach a favorable outcome in your case. Seek legal advice at Spaulding Injury Law: Alpharetta Personal Injury Lawyer.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
If you have suffered an accident and think you need a personal injury lawyer, attorneys near your location are your best option. First, they are very familiar with the state regulations and must have worked with the local police departments requesting, as well as know the local court rules and procedures in the event your personal injury case requires a lawsuit.
Second is, that they are very familiar with the type of injuries and causes in Lawrenceville, which can make the process a lot easier by quickly identifying liability for your injuries and losses.
Our Personal Injury Office in Alpharetta
Our Spaulding Injury Law: Alpharetta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer is located close to you, on Milton Ave near Brooke Street Park and The other Alpharetta cemetery, approximately 2 miles from Wellstar North Fulton Medical Center.
Alpharetta Office located at 132 Milton Ave, Alpharetta, GA 30009, United States.
Most Common Questions About Personal Injury Cases
If you have been injured, hiring a personal injury attorney is one of the best decisions that you can make for your future. There are a number of reasons why it is beneficial to hire an attorney as opposed to handling the case without a lawyer. First, some personal injury cases involve complex legal concepts that may be difficult for you to understand if you don’t have a legal background.
Personal injury attorneys can also ensure that you accurately calculate the value of your claim. If you have sustained a serious injury that will continue to affect your life in the future, it can be very difficult to calculate how much you will need to cover medical expenses and lost wages in the future. But if you don’t calculate this accurately, you may end up accepting a settlement that does not cover all of your expenses. Don’t make this mistake — let an attorney analyze your case and help you determine the true value of your claim.
Personal injury lawyers can also handle the negotiations with the insurance company. Insurance adjusters are notorious for their attempts to get victims to accept unfair settlements or admit fault for the accident that caused their injuries. Saying the wrong thing to an adjuster could impact the rest of your case, which is why it’s so important to let an attorney speak to the insurance company on your behalf.
Having an attorney by your side is crucial if your case ends up going to trial. Most personal injury cases can be settled outside of the courtroom, but this is never guaranteed. You will need an attorney who can handle your case regardless of where it ends up.
For these reasons — and so many more — it is crucial that you work with an experienced Georgia personal injury attorney.
If you have been injured, you may be wondering when to call a personal injury lawyer in Georgia to discuss your case and legal options. There is no better time than the present to make the call. It’s recommended that you seek legal representation from a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after you have been injured. This is so an attorney can immediately begin to represent your best interests and prevent you from making any mistakes that could affect the outcome of your case.
Clients often wonder how much their claim is worth and how much they will be able to recover by filing a personal injury claim. The answer to this question varies on a case-by-case basis, so it is challenging for injury lawyers to provide a definite answer. There are a number of factors that could affect the amount of compensation that you receive, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- How these injuries have affected other areas of your life such as your work or personal relationships
- How long you will continue to experience symptoms from your injuries
- How well you have documented your expenses and losses
Personal injury plaintiffs may be able to recover economic, non-economic, and punitive damages from the defendant:
- Economic damages are given to plaintiffs who have suffered losses or incurred expenses as a result of their injuries. For example, if you have had to pay for medical treatment on your own, economic damages should compensate you for this expense.
- Non-economic damages are given to plaintiffs who have experienced emotional pain and suffering as a result of the injuries. This is common in cases where the plaintiff’s quality of life has drastically been reduced as a result of the injuries.
- Finally, plaintiffs may also be able to recover punitive damages. These damages do not compensate plaintiffs for anything specific. Instead, the court awards punitive damages to punish defendants who have acted with extreme negligence.
To learn more about the value of your personal injury claim, consult with a Georgia injury lawyer at Spaulding Injury Law.