Car Accident Lawyer in Alpharetta GA
Whenever we get on the roads of Alpharetta, we assume that other drivers on the road will safely operate their vehicles. Unfortunately, some drivers act in a negligent manner by speeding, driving recklessly, being distracted, driving fatigued or driving under the influence. When these drivers cause motor vehicle accidents, they injure innocent people.
Have you been injured in a car accident in Alpharetta? If so, you may be suffering from serious injuries. You may be facing medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
At Spaulding Injury Law, our attorneys firmly believe you deserve to be compensated for your injuries and losses. When we represent you, we will do everything in our power to ensure your individual needs are met.
Contact Spaulding Injury Law to schedule a free case evaluation to discuss your car accident claim. You’ll learn more about your rights and legal options. You’ll learn how we can help you seek the financial compensation that you need and deserve.
Why You Need an Alpharetta Car Accident Attorney to Help with Your Claim
When you’ve been injured in a car accident in Alpharetta, you may wonder whether you need a car accident attorney to help you pursue your claim for compensation. Our Alpharetta car accident attorneys can help with your case by:
- Thoroughly investigating your accident.
- Preparing a strong, effective legal case.
- Negotiating firmly and skillfully with the insurance companies.
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary.
Our committed and experienced attorneys will work tirelessly to build a strong case in your favor. When needed, we will hire esteemed expert witnesses and accident reconstruction professionals to help investigate your case.
We won’t give in to insurance companies until we secure fair, maximum compensation on your behalf. When necessary, we will take your case before a judge and jury to fight for the damages you’re owed.
How Much Is Your Car Accident Claim Worth?
You’ve been in a car accident that wasn’t your fault. Now you are wondering what kind of compensation you can get from those responsible for your accident. Damages that you may recover in a car accident include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life
- Damaged or destroyed property
The compensation you receive will depend on factors such as:
- The severity of your injuries
- The amount of damages you have incurred
- The amount of financial resources (such as insurance) available to compensate you
- The strength of your legal claim
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
After a car accident, you have a limited period of time in which to file a lawsuit. This period is known as the statute of limitations. Under Georgia law, you have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit for personal injuries. You also have four years from the date of your accident to sue for property damage. If you don’t file your lawsuit before those deadlines expire, the court can permanently dismiss your case.
If you have a car accident claim against the government, you must provide the government with notice of your claim. This notice is often for a shorter amount of time than the statute of limitations. Many municipalities must be provided notice within six months. The state government must receive notice within 12 months. If you fail to provide timely notice of your claim, you can permanently lose your case.
What Should You Do After an Auto Accident in Alpharetta?
After you’ve been in an auto accident that was caused by another driver’s negligence, take these steps to protect your rights to compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Call 911 or the police, especially if someone is visibly injured or in distress. The police will also prepare an accident report. That report can provide critical evidence in a car accident claim.
- Take down the other driver’s contact and insurance information. You need that information to file a claim for compensation if the other driver was at fault.
- Photograph or video the accident scene. Take pictures of the damage to the vehicles, the traffic controls at the scene, and the weather, lighting and traffic. Also take a picture of road conditions at the time of the accident.
- Seek medical attention, even if you don’t feel any pain or distress. Any injuries you suffered in the accident can be diagnosed and documented for your claim.
- Follow up with an Alpharetta car accident lawyer. That will help you better understand your rights and how you can seek compensation.
What If the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
If you are involved in a car accident and the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance, you may wonder whether you’ll get compensation for your injuries and damages. Fortunately, you may be able to secure the compensation from your own insurance policy.
Most car insurance policies offer uninsured motorist coverage. This coverage is provided for an accident caused by a driver who doesn’t have insurance.
An experienced car accident attorney can help you obtain those uninsured motorist benefits when you are hit by a driver who lacks insurance. The lawyer can notify your own insurer of your accident and injuries. The attorney can also ensure that you meet the requirements for uninsured motorist coverage.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Crash Attorney?
If you have a car accident claim, you may decide to go it alone. You may believe that you cannot afford an attorney. However, you can hire a car accident attorney on a contingency basis. Under that arrangement, the attorney does not get paid unless and until you receive compensation through a settlement or at trial.*
That means that if you do not receive compensation, you do not owe the attorney anything. You can obtain legal representation regardless of your financial circumstances.
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer in Alpharetta Now
When you have been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you deserve to seek compensation from the party who caused your accident. Don’t delay any longer. Begin seeking financial recovery today for your injuries and damages. If you move quickly, you will have the best chance of maximizing the compensation you receive.
Contact Spaulding Injury Law today. Schedule a no-obligation consultation with our Alpharetta car accident lawyers. You’ll learn more about the process of pursuing financial recovery from the at-fault party. We’re ready to answer all of your questions.