Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents in Atlanta are an all-too-frequent occurrence due to our busy highways and roads. When someone’s negligence or recklessness causes an auto accident, the injured victims deserve compensation from the at-fault party.
At Spaulding Injury Law, our Atlanta, GA car accident attorneys have more than 25 years of legal experience. We fight for the rights of car accident victims. We work to hold negligent drivers and other parties accountable for the pain and suffering they have caused.
Our firm has a proven track record of success. We have secured millions in compensation, including medical expenses or lost wages, and our attorneys have been recognized for their work. They have been named to the National Trial Lawyers Association’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers list and named to Expertise.com’s Best Car Accident Lawyers in Atlanta in 2021.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Atlanta or surrounding communities through no fault of your own, contact Spaulding Injury Law today. We will schedule a free consultation with an Atlanta auto accident lawyer. We will discuss the details of your case and your rights to the financial compensation you deserve.
tlanta Personal Injury Lawyers is located at 50 Hurt Plaza SE #1536, Atlanta, GA 30303, United.
When Should I Hire a Lawyer Following My Car Accident in Atlanta?
You should hire a lawyer as soon as possible after your car accident in Atlanta. The attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law are always ready to help new clients.
You may want to hire a lawyer from our team if:
- You personally suffered injuries during a car accident
- Your loved one passed away from injuries they suffered in an Atlanta car accident
- Your loved one suffered catastrophic injuries, and you want to secure legal help for them
Some compelling reasons to hire a lawyer as soon as possible after a car accident include the following:
- Insurance companies’ bad intentions: Insurers have a motive not to pay car accident victims. The math is simple: To make a profit, an insurer wants to pay out less than it collects in premiums. Therefore, there is every reason for insurance companies to deal with car accident victims in bad faith. We’ll protect you.
- Your case’s filing deadline: O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 typically requires our lawyers to file car accident cases within two years of the collision in Atlanta. This deadline applies to most personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- The fleeting nature of evidence: Evidence can make or break an Atlanta car accident lawsuit or claim. We must act quickly to gather all available evidence. Video footage and witness testimony may be especially time-sensitive, as footage may get erased and witnesses’ memories may fade.
- The need to present the strongest possible case: The Spaulding Injury Law team takes advantage of every hour a client allows us. The sooner you hire an attorney from our team, the more time we’ll have to build your case.
By retaining a lawyer as soon as possible, you’ll also allow yourself to focus on recovery. You can close the book on your case, knowing that your attorney from Spaulding Injury Law is fighting for the money you deserve.
What Are the Risks of Waiting to Hire a Car Accident Attorney from Spaulding Injury Law?
There are clear and serious risks if you wait to hire a lawyer for your car accident case, including:
- The expiration of the statute of limitations (filing deadline): Time moves quickly after a car accident. You may be occupied with your recovery and personal affairs, and a potential lawsuit can fall by the wayside. If you wait too long to hire an attorney from our firm, the statute of limitations could expire. If this happens, you may no longer be able to pursue fair compensation for your damages.
- The loss of critical evidence: The City of Atlanta and other authorities may erase traffic camera footage after a certain period of time—and typically not very long. Businesses and individuals with footage of your accident may also erase the video if we don’t secure it quickly.
- The loss of witness accounts: Even if the police report from your accident took witness accounts, your lawyer might be able to get additional witness testimony. Those who saw your accident may provide detailed accounts that benefit your case. However, if you wait to hire a lawyer, witnesses may no longer remember how your accident happened.
If you lose evidence and valuable witness accounts, your case could be at a disadvantage. Even so, Spaulding Injury Law will work hard to get the money you deserve. We accept cases even when the odds seem stacked against us, as we have the utmost confidence in our legal team.
That being said, it is best that you hire a car accident lawyer from Spaulding Injury Law as soon as possible. We want to present the strongest case possible, and that starts with you securing our services today.
Bad-Faith Insurance Tactics Spaulding Injury Law Will Shield You From
One reason to hire a lawyer as soon as possible is to protect yourself from insurers. While insurance companies sometimes act in good faith and pay car accident victims what they deserve, they often don’t.
Instead, insurance companies may use several tactics to withhold money from you. Those tactics may include:
- Misrepresenting an insurance policy: Auto insurance policies can be dense and complex, and insurers may try to use this to their advantage. An insurer may try to confuse or deceive you about the facts of a policy, hoping that you won’t do your due diligence.
- Lying about the facts of your accident: An insurance company may be less than honest about your accident. For example, an insurer may accuse you of causing your accident even if the evidence proves otherwise.
- Denying your claim: An insurer who owes you compensation may deny your claim. This means that the insurer intends to pay you no compensation for your accident-related losses.
- Denying specific damages: An insurer may agree to pay for some accident-related losses but not others. It may claim that certain injuries are not accident-related or that specific medical treatments aren’t necessary. At Spaulding Injury Law, we believe insurers should pay car accident victims everything they deserve—in fact, we demand it.
- Lowballing your settlement offer: If and when an insurance company offers a settlement, it may be a cheap one. An insurer may extend an offer quickly, knowing that some car accident victims are under great financial pressure. Do not accept any insurance settlement until you’ve spoken with a lawyer from our firm.
- Delaying: Insurance companies can use the statute of limitations to their advantage. If the deadline for filing a lawsuit expires, the insurance companies may gain leverage. The attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law keep pressure on insurers so that they cannot delay their way into a favorable negotiating position.
Insurers have experience, financial resources, and often lawyers on their side. You should have your own team of legal professionals fighting for you. Let Spaulding Injury Law be your team of choice.
And What If I Choose Not to Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident Case in Atlanta?
Choosing not to hire a lawyer leaves your case on your shoulders. Several risks come with the decision to lead your own case, including:
- Potential health problems: If you don’t let a lawyer from Spaulding Injury Law lead your fight for compensation, you could put your health at risk. Insurance claims and lawsuits come with stress, especially if liable parties refuse to pay you fairly. By hiring us to do the hard legal work, you can prioritize your health.
- A subpar case: This is no knock on you. We have simply seen car accident victims with serious injuries, limited energy, and pain and suffering. Trying to develop a strong case when you’re dealing with these issues can be extremely difficult. The quality of your case may suffer as a consequence.
- Losing: If you don’t present the strongest case possible, you may fail to get the money you deserve.
Don’t even consider these negative outcomes. Let the capable, experienced, well-financed legal team at Spaulding Injury Law seek your financial recovery.
How An Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You?
After you are hurt in a serious car accident in Atlanta, having dedicated, experienced car lawyers on your side can make all the difference. Our goal is to secure maximum financial recovery in your case for the compensation you deserve.
Some of the ways that our Atlanta car accident lawyers can help include:
- Thoroughly investigating the facts and circumstances of your accident
- Documenting your injuries and economic damages
- Identifying all liable parties and sources of a financial recovery, such as insurance coverage
- Negotiating for a full and fair settlement
- Preparing to take your case to trial, if necessary, to seek the best possible result
When you hire Spaulding Injury Law for your Atlanta car accident injury claim, you can be assured that we will never settle for anything less than a fair recovery in your case. There’s no cost to you unless we win.
The Best Car Accident Lawyer in Atlanta
Looking for the best attorney? Your Personal injury lawyer in Atlanta should be dedicated to understanding how the serious injury happened and how it has affected your life.
Networking with other professionals including accident reconstruction specialists and expert witnesses who can explain to the court the severity of your medical conditions can make all the difference in your recovery of the finances you need.
How Much Is Your Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Worth?
Have you been involved in a car accident through no fault of your own? You may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Those damages may include:
- Past and future medical bills from your serious injury
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if you cannot return to your old job
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life because of disfigurements, disability, or the inability to participate in activities you enjoyed prior to your accident
- Property damage
Why Car Crash Victims in Atlanta Choose Spaulding Injury Law
Spaulding Injury Law has been representing car accident victims in Atlanta for more than 25 years. When you hire us to lead your case, we will:
- Manage every step of your claim or lawsuit, allowing you to recover in peace
- Remain in frequent contact, informing you as your case moves forward
- Be available to answer your calls and respond promptly to your emails
- Receive consistent, compassionate client service
- Have the full financial support of Spaulding Injury Law
- Receive our very best effort
Spaulding Injury Law has an office in the heart of Atlanta. We want to see a safer city for all. We work towards that goal by holding liable parties accountable for the car accidents they cause.
Our Case Results Prove Spaulding Injury Law’s Value to Clients
We never shy away from taking car accident cases to trial. We have a simple goal, and we don’t compromise when seeking that goal. Our team wants to get every dollar you’re entitled to.
We have earned many case results that should capture your attention, including recent financial recoveries of:
- $1.5 million (multiple times)
- $1.4 million
- $1.2 million
- $1.1 million (multiple times)
These are just some of the recoveries we have recently gotten for clients. We will demand the entire amount of money you are entitled to. Whether we negotiate a settlement or seek a judgment from a jury, the Spaulding Injury Law team will fight for your financial interests.
Remember that if you don’t get the money you are entitled to, you could pay out of your own pocket for medical care, vehicle repairs, lost income, and other damages. Most car accident victims are not prepared to pay these expenses out of pocket, and you shouldn’t have to.
Getting compensation for a car accident is never automatic, however, and you need the right legal help to obtain the full settlement you deserve.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Atlanta
When you’ve been involved in a car accident caused by someone else, take these steps to best protect your rights to compensation:
Call 911 or contact the police.
If you or another person in the accident is injured, call 911 to summon emergency medical services. Even if no one requires medical attention at the scene, call the police. The officer who comes to the scene prepares a police accident report. The report will note the evidence and witness statements collected by the officer. The report will indicate who was cited or arrested for the accident. It may also show which motorist was found to be at fault for the accident.
Take down the contact information of the other drivers and any eyewitnesses.
Record the insurance information of the other drivers. If there were any eyewitnesses, obtain a short statement from them. At the very least get their contact information so you can later obtain a statement if necessary.
Document the accident scene and your injuries.
If possible, take photographs or video of the accident scene, including damage to the vehicles involved, skid marks on the road, the traffic controls at the scene, and the weather, lighting, traffic, and road conditions at the scene. Also photograph any of your visible injuries.
Seek medical treatment.
Even if you decline medical treatment at the accident scene, see your own physician to diagnose and document your injuries. If you are slow in seeking medical treatment, the at-fault driver may claim that you were not seriously injured. The at-fault driver may also argue your injuries were pre-existing or were caused by something other than the accident.
Speak to a car accident lawyer.
Finally, speak to an experienced car accident attorney. You’ll learn about your rights and options for seeking compensation should you pursue a car accident claim.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
Some car accidents are caused by drivers who lack the state’s mandatory car insurance. In other cases, injured car accident victims have damages that far exceed the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage. This is where it helps to have personal injury lawyers who know are well versed in car accident laws.
Fortunately, a car accident attorney can help when the responsible driver lacks insurance coverage to fully compensate the victim. Most car insurance policies provide uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. This coverage compensates the policyholder or a person insured under the policy when they are hurt by a driver who lacks any insurance or who has insufficient insurance coverage.
Our Atlanta Georgia, attorneys at law can help you secure uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) benefits by notifying your own insurer of the accident and injuries. The attorney can document your losses and meet your own insurer’s requirements for an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim.
What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents in Atlanta?
Car accidents can happen at any place, at any time. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving – Drivers may take their attention off the road to:
- Use their cell phones, especially texting and driving
- Use their car’s radio or entertainment console
- Eat or drink
- Interact with another occupant in the car
As a result, a distracted driver may swerve into another lane or fail to react to an emergency on the road.
- “Drunk Driving” or Driving under the influence – Drivers under the influence of alcohol and drugs will swerve into other lanes, fail to stop in time, or drive recklessly, or have delayed reflexes. Drunk driving accidents can cause serious injury to your loved ones and are more than likely to be involved in pedestrian accidents.
- Speeding – Speeding can cause accidents as well, especially when drivers cannot stop in time or run through stop signs and red lights.
- Careless or reckless driving – Drivers who engage in careless or reckless driving by turning or changing lanes without signaling, failing to yield on turns or weaving through traffic.
- Inexperienced drivers – Inexperienced drivers may not know how to drive in adverse weather conditions or how to respond to emergency situations.
How Much Do Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may start to see medical bills pile up as you recover. The last thing that you should have to worry about is lawyer bills. This is why many law firms, including Spaulding Injury Law, use contingency fee agreements.*
What is a Contingency Fee Agreement?
A Contingency Fee means you won’t have to pay anything to your auto injury attorneys unless they are able to recover compensation. Car accident lawyers who use contingency fees don’t get paid unless you do. That gives those attorneys even more motivation to fight on your behalf.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
Be aware that you have a limited window of time after your car accident to file a lawsuit. This window of time is called the statute of limitations.
What Is The Statute Of Limitations On a Personal Injury In Atlanta?
In Georgia, the statute of limitations on a car accident injury claim is two years from the date of the accident. Lawsuits for property damage must be filed within four years of an accident. If you do not file your lawsuit before those time periods, the court will likely permanently dismiss your lawsuit.
A Car Accident Lawyer Near You
If you have been injured in a car accident in Atlanta or surrounding communities, you may deserve to be compensated for your injuries and other losses. Don’t wait another day, local attorneys near your location are your best option. It’s time to hold the at-fault party accountable.
If you’re located in Atlanta and looking for a trustable Personal Injury Attorney Near You, Spaulding Injury Law is the way to go. We have a convenient office close to your location. We have an office in Atlanta at 50 Hurt Plaza S.E., #1536, Atlanta GA 30303.
Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our Atlanta car accident attorneys. We will discuss your case and explore what compensation you may be entitled to for your damages.