Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents in Atlanta are an all-too-frequent occurrence due to our busy highways and roads. When someone’s negligence or recklessness causes an auto accident, the injured victims deserve compensation from the at-fault party.
At Spaulding Injury Law, our Atlanta, GA car accident attorneys have more than 25 years of legal experience. We fight for the rights of car accident victims. We work to hold negligent drivers and other parties accountable for the pain and suffering they have caused.
Our firm has a proven track record of success. We have secured millions in compensation, including medical expenses or lost wages, and our attorneys have been recognized for their work. They have been named to the National Trial Lawyers Association’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers list and named to Expertise.com’s Best Car Accident Lawyers in Atlanta in 2021.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Atlanta or surrounding communities through no fault of your own, contact Spaulding Injury Law today. We will schedule a free consultation with an Atlanta auto accident lawyer. We will discuss the details of your case and your rights to the financial compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Contents
- How An Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You?
- How Much Is Your Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Worth?
- Should I Do After a Car Accident in Atlanta
- What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
- What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents in Atlanta?
- How Much Do Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
- How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
- Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer in Atlanta Now
How An Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You?
After you are hurt in a serious car accident in Atlanta, having dedicated, experienced car lawyers on your side can make all the difference. Our goal is to secure maximum financial recovery in your case for the compensation you deserve.
Some of the ways that our Atlanta car accident lawyers can help include:
- Thoroughly investigating the facts and circumstances of your accident
- Documenting your injuries and economic damages
- Identifying all liable parties and sources of a financial recovery, such as insurance coverage
- Negotiating for a full and fair settlement
- Preparing to take your case to trial, if necessary, to seek the best possible result
When you hire Spaulding Injury Law for your Atlanta car accident injury claim, you can be assured that we will never settle for anything less than a fair recovery in your case. There’s no cost to you unless we win.
The Best Car Accident Lawyer in Atlanta
Looking for the best attorney? Your Personal injury lawyer in Atlanta should be dedicated to understanding how the serious injury happened and how it has affected your life.
Networking with other professionals including accident reconstruction specialists and expert witnesses who can explain to the court the severity of your medical conditions can make all the difference in your recovery of the finances you need.
How Much Is Your Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Worth?
Have you been involved in a car accident through no fault of your own? You may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Those damages may include:
- Past and future medical bills from your serious injury
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if you cannot return to your old job
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life because of disfigurements, disability, or the inability to participate in activities you enjoyed prior to your accident
- Property damage
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Atlanta
If you or another person in the accident is injured, call 911 to summon emergency medical services. Even if no one requires medical attention at the scene, call the police. The officer who comes to the scene prepares a police accident report. The report will note the evidence and witness statements collected by the officer. The report will indicate who was cited or arrested for the accident. It may also show which motorist was found to be at fault for the accident.
Record the insurance information of the other drivers. If there were any eyewitnesses, obtain a short statement from them. At the very least get their contact information so you can later obtain a statement if necessary.
If possible, take photographs or video of the accident scene, including damage to the vehicles involved, skid marks on the road, the traffic controls at the scene, and the weather, lighting, traffic, and road conditions at the scene. Also photograph any of your visible injuries.
Even if you decline medical treatment at the accident scene, see your own physician to diagnose and document your injuries. If you are slow in seeking medical treatment, the at-fault driver may claim that you were not seriously injured. The at-fault driver may also argue your injuries were pre-existing or were caused by something other than the accident.
Finally, speak to an experienced car accident attorney. You’ll learn about your rights and options for seeking compensation should you pursue a car accident claim.
What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?
Some car accidents are caused by drivers who lack the state’s mandatory car insurance. In other cases, injured car accident victims have damages that far exceed the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage. This is where it helps to have personal injury lawyers who know are well versed in car accident laws.
Fortunately, a car accident attorney can help when the responsible driver lacks insurance coverage to fully compensate the victim. Most car insurance policies provide uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. This coverage compensates the policyholder or a person insured under the policy when they are hurt by a driver who lacks any insurance or who has insufficient insurance coverage.
Our Atlanta Georgia, attorneys at law can help you secure uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) benefits by notifying your own insurer of the accident and injuries. The attorney can document your losses and meet your own insurer’s requirements for an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim.
Get In Touch With Us.
CALL FOR A FREE CONSULTATIONSchedule your free consultation
What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents in Atlanta?
Car accidents can happen at any place, at any time. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving – Drivers may take their attention off the road to:
- Use their cell phones, especially texting and driving
- Use their car’s radio or entertainment console
- Eat or drink
- Interact with another occupant in the car
As a result, a distracted driver may swerve into another lane or fail to react to an emergency on the road.
- “Drunk Driving” or Driving under the influence – Drivers under the influence of alcohol and drugs will swerve into other lanes, fail to stop in time, or drive recklessly, or have delayed reflexes. Drunk driving accidents can cause serious injury to your loved ones and are more than likely to be involved in pedestrian accidents.
- Speeding – Speeding can cause accidents as well, especially when drivers cannot stop in time or run through stop signs and red lights.
- Careless or reckless driving – Drivers who engage in careless or reckless driving by turning or changing lanes without signaling, failing to yield on turns or weaving through traffic.
- Inexperienced drivers – Inexperienced drivers may not know how to drive in adverse weather conditions or how to respond to emergency situations.
How Much Do Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may start to see medical bills pile up as you recover. The last thing that you should have to worry about is lawyer bills. This is why many law firms, including Spaulding Injury Law, use contingency fee agreements.*
What is a Contingency Fee Agreement?
A Contingency Fee means you won’t have to pay anything to your auto injury attorneys unless they are able to recover compensation. Car accident lawyers who use contingency fees don’t get paid unless you do. That gives those attorneys even more motivation to fight on your behalf.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
Be aware that you have a limited window of time after your car accident to file a lawsuit. This window of time is called the statute of limitations.
What Is The Statute Of Limitations On a Personal Injury In Atlanta?
In Georgia, the statute of limitations on a car accident injury claim is two years from the date of the accident. Lawsuits for property damage must be filed within four years of an accident. If you do not file your lawsuit before those time periods, the court will likely permanently dismiss your lawsuit.
A Car Accident Lawyer Near You
If you have been injured in a car accident in Atlanta or surrounding communities, you may deserve to be compensated for your injuries and other losses. Don’t wait another day, local attorneys near your location are your best option. It’s time to hold the at-fault party accountable.
If you’re located in Atlanta and looking for a trustable Personal Injury Attorney Near You, Spaulding Injury Law is the way to go. We have a convenient office close to your location.
Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our Atlanta car accident attorneys. We will discuss your case and explore what compensation you may be entitled to for your damages.