What To Do After Sustaining An Injury On A MARTA Train
The city of Atlanta proudly boasts the eighth busiest heavy rail rapid transit system in the United States. Thousands of people board the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) trains every day to commute to work, school, or other obligations. Though the MARTA train system is a fantastic resource for all residents of Atlanta, riding the train also comes with the risk of possible injury.
Types of MARTA Train Injuries
MARTA is run by the government, and the government has the duty to keep all persons who use MARTA trains safe from foreseeable harm. This means having safe facilities, trained operators, adequate security, and more. Unfortunately, the following injuries are common:
- Falls on poorly maintained escalators
- Slip and falls due to debris or hazards in the railway stations
- Passenger injuries due to erratic or improper operation or braking of the train
- Passengers getting assaulted or injured due to inadequate security on the train
- Pedestrians getting hit or nicked by a train
If you suffered the above or any other type of injury due to negligence of MARTA, the government should be held liable for its actions.
If you have suffered an injured on a MARTA train, taking on a government agency in court may seem daunting. To be honest, this type of claim is usually more complicated than a personal injury lawsuit against a private individual for several reasons. First, lawsuits against the government have some different rules and procedures that must be followed in order to ensure you can recover. Additionally, government entities always have legal teams in place who will work to avoid liability. For these reasons, if you have been injured on a MARTA train, you always want to make sure you consult with an attorney who has experience in this particular type of claim against the government.
Contact an Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney for a Free Consultation
The personal injury lawyers at Spaulding Injury Law are highly experienced in representing clients who have suffered an injury on MARTA trains or buses. We know how to handle the peculiarities that may come with a MARTA case, and will always work to make sure you receive the full settlement or award you deserve. If you have suffered injury, call our Atlanta office today at (770) 744-0890 to schedule your free consultation today.
When you become our client at Spaulding Injury Law, you’ll be represented by a thoroughly experienced Atlanta personal injury attorney like Theodore A. Spaulding. For over 15 years, Mr. Spaulding has helped victims of negligence across the state of Georgia resolve personal injury cases, and he’s received a remarkable number of awards and honors from the legal community recognizing his commitment to clients and to the metro-Atlanta area.
- Mr. Spaulding has been named one of the Top 100 trial lawyers in Georgia by the National Trial Lawyers for six successive years.
- He is honored as a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum ® by the Top Trial Lawyers in America ®.
- Charter Member of the Distinguished Justice Advocates.
- Member of the Atlanta Bar Association.