Canton Slip And Fall Lawyers
Slip and fall accidents are quite common in public places, businesses, or on someone else’s private property. If you happen to fall in a store or a public site, it can result in serious injuries, and you may need to seek compensation from the property owners or businesses to cover your losses.
If the accident was not your fault, you can prove liability and hold the negligent party responsible for your fall and the resulting injuries. However, this is a complex process, and it’s best to have the legal team of Spaulding Injury Law: Cumming Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer on your side in case of a slip and fall accident in Canton.
Let’s explore more about slip and falls
You can slip, trip, and fall just about anywhere. You can lose your footing in an office building, restaurant, store, public sidewalk, parking lot, or hospital or gym. So, when you file a slip and fall lawsuit, you must determine why the mishap is.
For example, did you:
- Lose traction on slick or wet pavement?
- Trip and fall on an uneven patch on a sidewalk?
- Stumble and hurt yourself in an unlighted parking lot?
- Fall from a height without safeguards or barriers present?
- Slip on a spill in a restaurant?
- Fall down some stairs without a railing?
If you were wearing appropriate footwear and were walking or moving at a normal pace, it is advisable to talk to an attorney immediately about a potential claim. You have only two years from the date of the accident to pursue legal action. After this time, you will not be able to file a lawsuit to obtain compensation. It is important that you do not delay and contact Ted Spaulding without delay.
Common Causes of Slip and Falls in Canton, GA
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, but some locations are more prone to these injuries than others. Stores, restaurants, and public walkways are common spots where people often lose their footing and fall. But why do these events occur more frequently in these places?
In retail stores and supermarkets, wet floors from rain, spilled drinks or leaky freezers are major culprits. It’s important to watch out for recently mopped areas, as slick tiles can be treacherous, and stores don’t always warn customers properly. Additionally, crowded aisles and clutter blocking walkways also increase the chance of taking an unfortunate tumble.
Eateries and diners pose hazards like grease or food splatters on the floor, especially in areas around the kitchen, counters, and self-service areas. Uneven floor surfaces or transition areas between carpets and tiles can also lead to many falls in public buildings and businesses.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries in The Canton Area
Slip and falls result in around one million emergency room visits yearly for various injuries. Some common injuries from slip and fall accidents include:
- Sprains and Strains – A sprain occurs when ligaments that connect your bones are overstretched or torn. Strains affect your tendons and muscles. Ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, and wrists are frequently sprained or strained in falls. These injuries can range from minor to severe, depending on the force behind the slip and fall accident. Seek medical attention for swelling, bruising, or difficulty walking. Get medically checked right away.
- Fractures – A fracture means there is a broken bone. Wrists, hips, and ankles are the most commonly recorded broken bones in falls. Look for signs of deformity, swelling, bruising, or an inability to bear weight on the injured area. You will need to go to a Canton emergency room for X-rays and to have the broken bone set and cast by an orthopedic doctor.
- Head Injuries – Head injuries, like concussions, can occur from slipping and hitting your head on the ground or any surrounding objects. Seek emergency care immediately for dangerous symptoms like loss of consciousness, vomiting, slurred speech, weakness, blurred vision, or memory problems and difficulties. A doctor will check for signs of bleeding in the brain or a skull fracture.
- Cuts, Lacerations, and Contusions – Falling can also lead to painful cuts, gashes, and bruises. Clean any open wounds thoroughly and bandage them or apply gauze to prevent infection. Apply ice to bruises and take an over-the-counter pain reliever if needed.
The good news is many slip and fall injuries heal over time with rest, physical therapy, medication, or minor treatments or therapy. However, some falls can lead to life-altering or permanent injuries, especially if left untreated. Seek medical help right away if your pain is severe or symptoms worsen over time.
Even if you think you’re okay after a fall, you should still visit a doctor the same day. If you experience symptoms later, at least you can report them to your doctor and follow up on your case. You may need this information if you file a personal injury claim.
Gathering Evidence for Your Slip and Fall Claim
To succeed with your slip and fall claim, you need to gather much evidence. Photos, medical records, and witness statements can help prove liability for the property owner or business.
Take pictures of the area where you fell as soon as possible after your accident. Get shots of any spills, cracks, unstable flooring, or poor lighting contributing to your fall. Zoom in to capture essential details. Also, photograph any injuries you sustained. Pictures provide visual proof to back up your claim.
Talk to anyone who saw your accident happen and get their contact information. Ask them to provide a written statement about what they observed. Witness accounts from people not involved in the claim help establish the facts. Have them note details like the time of day, weather conditions, and what you did before falling. Ask them if they saw anything that could have caused you to slip and tumble.
See a doctor for any injuries related to your fall and keep records of their diagnosis and treatment. Bills, prescriptions, and therapy notes all prove the harm you suffered. The more severe your injuries, the higher the potential value of your claim.
If you have been in a slip and fall accident, it is important to obtain a copy of the incident report filed by the staff at the location where the accident occurred. This report can provide crucial documentation of the events and conditions that led up to the accident, helping to determine fault. However, be aware that the staff may try to shift blame away from themselves.
Collecting evidence can make a significant difference in your case. Collecting photographs, witness statements, medical records, and any incident reports can help create a timeline of events. Each piece of evidence can help prove that the slip and fall accident was not your fault.
This type of evidence can strengthen your claim for compensation due to unsafe conditions on someone else’s property. With the right evidence, you can recover damages for any injuries you sustained.
Call a Slip and slip-and-fall lawyer in Canton Now
Again, to seek compensation for your slip and fall accident case, you must talk to an experienced slip and fall lawyer. In Georgia, contact Spaulding Injury Law: Cumming Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer today. Don’t delay. Set up a no-obligation consultation now.
Our Slip And Fall Office in Canton
Spaulding Injury Law: Cumming Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer is located close to you, in Downtown Cumming near UFA Soccer Fields and Cumming Polo Golf & Country Club.
Cumming Personal Injury Lawyers located at 5860 Bond St, Cumming, GA 30040, United States.