Marietta, GA Car Accident Attorneys
If you have come to this page, you or a loved one have been injured in an auto accident. We know how life changing an event this can be for you and your family. As Marietta accident attorneys representing the seriously injured and their families for over half a century, we know all too well the toll a car accident can have on your entire family.
Speak To One of Our Lawyers Now For Free.
That is why we hope that the information provided through our website will help you or your family member start to feel less overwhelmed by what lies ahead. Our car accident lawyers continually update this site to provide the latest information on Georgia law surrounding injury victim’s rights and are here to help should you decide to give us a call to discuss your case.
Lawyers With The RIGHT Experience To Protect Your Rights
As you have no doubt seen by now, there are plenty of auto accident attorneys to choose from. You see commercials all the time and probably were shocked to see how many lawyers pop up when you Google search for a car accident lawyer. While that may be the case, our auto accident attorneys are confident they possess the experience, skills and success needed to secure everything you are entitled too, including:
- Millions Recovered In Just the Past Few Years For Clients;
- 25+ Years of Combined Experience Handling Auto Accident Injury Cases;
- Lawyers And Staff Who Are Truly Passionate About Helping Each Client;
- National Recognition For Our Results:
- Top Trial Lawyers In America Nomination
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers Nomination
- AV Preeminent Standing By Martindale Hubbell
- Million Dollar Advocates Nomination For Exceptional Results
- Client Choice Personal Injury by AVVO
What Do We Charge To Handle An Injury Matter?
Georgia law allows us to charge a contingency fee to injury clients instead of an hourly fee. This allows you to owe nothing up front and nothing during the pendency of your case. A Marietta auto accident attorney at our office receives attorney’s fees out of a settlement or verdict obtain for you.
In addition to our contingency fee, we receive reimbursement for any expenses involved in pursuing your case out of the settlement or verdict. This allows us to spend our money pursuing your case taking that financial burden off your shoulders while you recover.
If nothing is obtained, you owe nothing. Keep in mind that “If nothing is obtained, you owe nothing” refers only to fees charged by the attorney (the contingency fees). Court costs and other additional expenses of legal action usually must be paid by the client. Contingent fees are not permitted in all types of cases.
Contingent attorneys’ fees or contingency fees refers only to those fees charged by attorneys for their legal services. Such fees are not permitted in all types of cases. Court costs and other additional expenses of legal action usually must be paid by the client.
Who Should Hire an Auto Accident Lawyer from Spaulding Injury Law?
If you have suffered harm because of an auto accident in Marietta. It is in your interest to speak with an attorney from Spaulding Injury Law. There are three primary categories of people we help:
- The injured: If you suffered injuries during an auto collision in Marietta, we want to hear from you. Even if you believe your injuries are not especially serious, you deserve the compensation that you are entitled to. We can help.
- Survivors of a wrongful death: If your loved one has passed away after an auto accident, you have our firm’s condolences. We would like to pursue justice for both you and the person you have lost.
- Family members of accident victims with catastrophic injuries: Auto accident victims with serious brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and other catastrophic health injuries may not be able to get a lawyer on their own. Their loved ones can come to Spaulding Injury Law, and we’ll fight for the justice the victim deserves.
The Spaulding Injury Law team works hard to ensure a safer Marietta. You have already suffered the cost of negligence, and you deserve financial justice. When we fight for your financial recovery, we are also fighting to prevent future accidents. Your case means more to Spaulding Injury Law.
How an Auto Accident Attorney from Spaulding Injury Law Will Seek Compensation for You
Our dedicated team of attorneys, investigators, paralegals, and experts work together to get substantial financial recoveries for our clients. We’ll fight as a team for your recovery in Marietta, too.
Getting a judgment or settlement for you requires us to:
Set the Record Straight About Your Auto Accident
We will investigate your auto accident in Marietta and set the record straight. We will get our account of the accident from reliable sources, including:
- Eyewitness testimony
- A police report
- Video footage, which may come from traffic cameras, security cameras, dash cameras, cell phones, and other sources
- Your own account of the accident
- An expert’s reconstruction of the collision
The weight of the evidence will prove how your accident happened. Others—including liable parties—may have a false account of the collision. We’ll prove them wrong.
Determine Who Owes You Money for Your Damages
Liability for car accidents typically lies with negligent parties. Liable parties can include a motorist, the manufacturer of a defective vehicle, a municipality that allows streets to reach poor condition, or anyone else who contributes to an auto accident.
Multiple parties can be liable for an accident. Your lawyer from Spaulding Injury Law will identify everyone who owes you money for your damages.
Get Evidence Proving Liable Parties’ Negligence
Negligence is any behavior that a reasonable person would not do. In the context of a motor vehicle accident, negligence can include speeding, driving drunk, or tailgating. Negligence can also include manufacturing an unsafe vehicle.
Your lawyer from Spaulding Injury Law will secure any evidence of negligence that caused your accident. We may even hire an expert to show how your accident happened using a digital reconstruction.
Document Your Damages in the Greatest Possible Detail
We stick to a winning negotiating tactic. Our lawyers document clients’ damages in as much detail as possible. This way, if liable parties try to claim your case is worth less than we say, the documentation will back us up.
Types of documentation we use in Marietta auto accident cases are:
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Images of injuries, including CT scans, X-rays, and MRIs
- Doctors’ testimony about the client’s injuries, recovery timeframe, and medical expenses
- Mental health experts’ testimony about accident-related trauma
- Past pay records showing how much income the accident has cost the client
We may find additional proof of your damages. Without exception, the Spaulding Injury Law team secures all documentation that could help our clients get money for their damages.
Fight for You During Settlement Negotiations
Our lawyers will represent you in settlement negotiations. This is the point where we can resolve your case, and we’ll present all relevant evidence and documentation. Of course, liable parties must agree to a fair settlement offer. Otherwise, we’ll likely recommend proceeding to court.
Complete a Trial, If It Proves Necessary in Your Case
A trial is not always necessary in auto accident cases. Often, liable parties will see our case and agree to a fair settlement. However, if going to court is the right option for your case, Spaulding Injury Law will take your case to trial.
A trial may require us to:
- Present evidence of defendants’ negligence
- Present documentation of your accident-related damages
- Explain how we calculated your damages
- Present, question, and cross-examine witnesses
- Make oral arguments supporting your case
- Argue against the civil defense attorney’s case
Juries often reward auto accident victims with substantial compensation. If we take your case to trial in Marietta (or elsewhere), we’ll aim to win.
Our other duties in Marietta car accident cases include the following:
- Dealing with (and protecting you from) insurance companies
- Managing all case-related communications
- Completing and submitting all paperwork promptly and accurately
- Informing you about your case from the moment we begin to the final step of the legal or claims process
If you’ve been hurt, you deserve a legal team that takes the time to talk, listen, and fight for personal injury victims’ best interests every step of the way. That is Spaulding Injury Law.
What Can You Expect After A Collision?
You should have already received correspondence and likely a call from the at-fault person’s insurance company wanting to talk about the accident. BE CAREFUL. While you do not want to be rude, you do not help yourself by providing too much information. Certainly do not agree to a recorded interview about what happened. The insurance company is only doing this in hopes of using it against you in the future.
The insurance company will send you an authorization form to fill out so the adjuster can get all of your medical records and bills. Seems innocent enough, right? No. Do not sign the authorization. They will likely tell you it is only to get records for your treatment since the accident. However, that is not always true. The authorization will allow them to get all of your medical records for as far back as they want to go to see if they can find something to argue you were hurt before this accident.
Instead of providing the authorization, you want to control the flow of information to them. We tell our clients to simply tell the adjuster you will supply him or her with all relevant medical records and bills as you seek treatment.
Recoverable Damages for an Auto Accident Victim in Marietta
Our firm aims to make clients in Marietta whole after auto accidents. We will identify and accurately value each of your damages. With this calculation, we’ll know exactly how much to demand during settlement negotiations (or at trial).
Recoverable damages common to car accident victims are:
Injuries from your auto accident may require:
- Ambulance or medevac transport
- Emergency treatment
- Medical imaging services
- Several doctor’s appointments
- Other medical services
These services will come at a cost. As the National Safety Council (NSC) notes, that cost generally rises as injuries become more serious. Our team will demand that liable parties cover all your accident-related medical bills.
Vehicle Repairs (and Other Property-Related Expenses)
If your vehicle suffered damage during the collision, we’ll include the cost of vehicle repairs in your case. The type of car you drive, the type of accident you were in, and the severity of vehicle damage will affect the cost of repairs.
If your vehicle took total damage during the accident, we’ll aim for liable parties to cover the cost of a new vehicle.
Pain and Suffering (and Related Treatment)
An auto accident can cause harm beyond physical injuries, including:
- Acute pain
- Chronic pain
- Emotional anguish
- Psychological distress
- Anxiety (including fear of riding in motor vehicles)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep issues
- Lost quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
The lawyers at Spaulding Injury Law work closely with mental health professionals. We will get clear diagnoses for all types of pain and suffering stemming from your accident.
Though these types of damages don’t always have an obvious cost, our firm knows how to calculate pain and suffering.
Your professional damages from an auto accident in Marietta may include:
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Lost productivity
- Missed bonuses
- Lost promotion opportunities
- Total loss of your job or career
You may also lose the fulfillment you get from working. Our team will calculate the cost of these damages.
The Cost of a Wrongful Death
Spaulding Injury Law also represents those who’ve lost a loved one. When traffic accidents are fatal, getting justice is critical. Our firm will seek that justice for you in the most compassionate manner possible.
Recoverable damages in a wrongful death case may include:
- Funeral costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost financial support
- Loss of a spouse
- Loss of a parent
- Loss of the decedent’s household contributions
- Medical expenses
Whatever the nature of your damages, the attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law will fight for your total financial recovery.
You Face Great Financial Risk if You Wait to Hire Spaulding Injury Law
We have earned the gratitude of countless former clients. Those clients turned to us in times of need, and we delivered.
Those clients knew that they faced great risk if they handled their own cases, including:
- Compromising their health: Auto accident victims need to recover. The more time they dedicate to a claim or lawsuit, the more their health may suffer.
- Struggling to learn the ins and outs of the legal process: Many auto accident victims are unfamiliar with insurance claims and lawsuits. Rather than leaping right into the process of gathering evidence and negotiating an insurance settlement, you might have to spend time simply learning what to do.
- Losing their case: Winning an auto accident case isn’t easy. Inexperienced accident victims dealing with injuries might not get the money they deserve. An experienced, dedicated legal team—Spaulding Injury Law—just might get the compensation you’re owed.
While Spaulding Injury Law does not guarantee case results, there is ample reason to trust us. Between our case results, a roster of qualified attorneys, and positive reviews from former clients, why not let our firm lead your case in Marietta?
Type Of Cases We Handle
Personal Injury Attorney in Marietta
Marietta Wrongful Death Lawyer
Marietta Auto Accident Attorney
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Marietta
Marietta Truck Accident Lawyer
Marietta Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Marietta MARTA Accident Lawyer
Marietta Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Slip And Falls Lawyer Marietta
Marietta Pedestrian Injury Lawyer
Marietta Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Marietta Back And Neck Injury Lawyer
Marietta Inadequate Security Lawyer
Our Cobb County Practice:
Our car accident injury lawyers focus on handling a small number of serious injury cases at one time to ensure we deliver exceptional customer service to our clients. We have a satellite office in Marietta to meet with our Cobb County clients:
Marietta Law Office
1000 Parkwood Circle Southeast
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or would like to learn more about our attorneys.