Car Accident Lawyer Embraced And Celebrated By Gwinnett’s Local Community
Helping The Injured Protect Their Rights
Our award-winning car accident lawyers know the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row
Gwinnett County Car Accident Lawyers
- Our Lawrenceville Car Accident Lawyers offer personalized attention to our clients, allowing them to focus on healing from their injuries.
- We were named Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County by Gwinnett Magazine Readers for three years in a row.
- We offer personalized attention to our clients and allows them to focus on healing from their injuries.
- Our law firm is focused on achieving the best possible results for every one of our clients while providing excellent customer service.
- Avvo, a popular attorney rating website, has rated Theodore Spaulding a perfect 10 out of 10.
- If you want honest legal representation from one of the best law firms in Lawrenceville, schedule a free consultation today.
We Get Results
- A $1,000,000.00 settlement in a tractor-trailer collision that resulted in severe injuries and extensive medical treatment
- A $1.1 million settlement – we were able to obtain all insurance policy limits available to a client who suffered severe injuries when a commercial truck turned in front of his motorcycle causing him to fly over the hood of the truck.
- A $750,000.00 settlement – following mediation – where our clients suffered back injuries following a rear-end impact from a tractor-trailer in rush hour traffic
- A $665,000.00 settlement following our clients’ exposure to toxic black mold in their home
- A $650,000.00 settlement from a rear-end collision involving a distracted teenage driver who testified he looked down to change radio stations failing to realize our client’s vehicle had been stopped in the roadway in front of him.
- A $425,000.00 result obtained for our client who was a passenger in a vehicle driven by a friend who had been drinking heavily at a restaurant.
How Can An Accident Lawyer in Lawrenceville Help Me?
People who have been involved in car accidents often ask themselves, “Why hire a car accident attorney when I can handle the claim on my own?” It is not required by law that you work with an attorney after a car accident, but it’s strongly recommended that you do so to achieve a favorable outcome in your case.
- An experienced auto injury lawyer knows where to look for all available insurance that may cover your damages. This is so important because you do not control how much insurance the at-fault driver has to pay your claim. The minimum in Georgia is just $25,000.00.
- An attorney can immediately set out to preserve and collect evidence that proves that the other driver was completely at fault and that your injuries are caused by the wreck. This can be done by conducting interviews with people who witnessed the accident, analyzing photos taken at the scene of the accident, requesting a copy of the police report, hiring accident reconstruction experts, and talking to your doctors. Without a lawyer, it may be difficult to conduct this type of investigation.
- Your lawyer can ensure the insurance company adjuster(s) treats you fairly at all stages of the case. If you have been involved in a car accident, an insurance adjuster will likely get in touch with you very quickly after the collision. It may seem like this adjuster has your best interests in mind, but that is not the case. He may try to twist your words around or get you to say something that could be used against you later on in the negotiations.
Our attorneys used to work with insurance companies, so they know exactly how to negotiate with the insurance adjuster who is assigned to your case. With an attorney’s help, you won’t make the mistake of settling for an unfair offer.
- A good car accident attorney can also prepare your case for trial if the insurance company is unwilling to properly value your case. This is unlikely—in fact, it only happens in about 5% of personal injury claims—but it is best to prepare for this scenario just in case.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
If you or a loved one has been injured because of the negligent acts of another person in Lawrenceville, GA, it’s imperative that you seek legal representation as soon as possible. Some of our many practice areas include:
- Personal Injury
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip & Falls
- Back & Neck Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- MARTA Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Product Liability
- Boat Accidents
- Inadequate Security
Is Someone Else Responsible for Your Car Crash and Injuries?
One of the most common – and understandable questions following a car crash is whether someone is responsible and should cover your expenses and losses. While you might have a strong feeling that another driver caused the accident, that is often far from the end of the story. This is yet another reason why it is so important to have Lawrenceville GA car accident lawyers evaluate your claim.
Many parties can be liable for car accidents, and often, parties you might not even consider have the legal obligation to provide compensation. However, you can never expect this compensation to happen automatically, as you have to take the right steps and file insurance claims against the right parties so you can financially recover.
Some parties that might be responsible for your injuries and losses after a crash might be:
- One or more other drivers
- Rideshare companies if a rideshare driver hit you
- Employers of drivers who caused accidents on the job
- Companies that hired drivers who should not be driving professionally
- Maintenance or repair companies that made mistakes
- Car manufacturers that sold defective vehicle parts
There are many more, and Lawrenceville GA car accident lawyers can identify all of the claims you need to file to make sure you receive the full amount that covers your losses.
Do I Need A Car Accident Attorney?
There are several factors we look at in advising potential clients whether or not we feel they need to hire an attorney at that point or not after a wreck. We wrote an article that goes into more depth to answer this question here:
“How Do You Know If You Need An Attorney After A Car Accident?”
At the end of the day, whether you need to hire a lawyer now is ultimately up to you. Speaking to a lawyer to get more information is free and therefore there is no risk in taking this small step toward protecting your rights. Don’t skip it.
Cost To Hire A Gwinnett County Lawyer
Understandably, you are worried about the cost of having to hire a lawyer. Especially after an auto accident when you are also worried about how you are going to get back to work and pay for your medical care.
There is good news here. Hiring a car accident lawyer will cost you nothing out of pocket. This is because the law allows Lawrenceville GA car accident lawyers to charge a contingency fee instead of an hourly rate that is paid every month.
There is an added benefit as well to the contingency fee arrangement. It aligns your interest with your lawyer’s interest much closer. The better you do, the more compensation the attorney receives. If you do not recover anything your lawyer does not recover anything for his or her time and effort representing you.
In addition to the contingency fee, our firm pays for all out-of-pocket expenses needed to pursue your case so nothing is coming out of your pocket to do so while your case is being pursued.
Be sure that you talk to a personal injury attorney about his fees prior to hiring him. If you work with an attorney at law who charges you by the hour, the cost of legal services can quickly get out of control. It’s best that you seek a lawyer who works on a contingency fee basis so you don’t have to worry about paying legal bills.
Do I Have a Right For Compensation?
There is a lot that goes into answering this question, which is why we wrote an in-depth article to discuss this question in more detail called “What Are You Entitled To In An Georgia Auto Accident?”
Here are the potential categories of damages you may have a right to recover:
- Medical Costs—Past/Present/Future
- Lost Wages/Lost Profits
- Pain and Suffering
- Out of Pocket Costs
How Can You Recover Compensation From A Driver With No Insurance?
Every driver in Georgia is required to have liability insurance that covers bodily injury and property damage caused by a collision. Despite these requirements, there are many Georgia drivers that hit the road without insurance. If one of these drivers crashes into you, will you be able to recover compensation for your injuries?
Check your insurance policy to see if you have uninsured motorist coverage. This type of coverage is not required in Georgia, but many drivers elect to add it to their plans in the event that they are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver. If you have this coverage, you will need to file a claim with your insurance company after an accident.
Lawsuits against Negligent Drivers
However, if you do not have this type of coverage, you will not be able to contact your insurance company regarding the accident. The only way you would be able to recover compensation is by filing a lawsuit against the negligent driver.
However, drivers that do not have auto insurance often do not have many financial assets, either. It may be difficult to recover the money that you are entitled to even if the defendant has been ordered to pay you by the court.
Talk to an attorney if you have been injured in an accident with a driver that does not have insurance. Your attorney will provide you with legal advice regarding your options and help you achieve the best possible outcome in your case.
Should You Accept an Auto Insurance Settlement Offer?
When your bills are piling up, and you still cannot work after an injury, it can be tempting to accept the first offer that comes your way. This way, you will at least have a check in your hand to start paying off things, right? Unfortunately, accepting a quick offer is often a huge mistake – and one that many car crash victims make.
Insurance companies want to pay you as little as possible, even if you have a valid claim. The less they pay you, the greater their profits will be. Insurance adjusters also know that many injured claimants are facing stressful situations and might accept any amount offered to them quickly. This all means that first offers of insurance settlements are regularly far too low.
Once you accept an offer, you will need to sign paperwork to receive your check. This paperwork waives your right to seek any more money regarding the accident, even if you realize at a later date that the settlement comes nowhere near covering your losses.
Don’t leave yourself stranded without the full amount you need and deserve – instead, never accept a settlement offer without first speaking with Lawrenceville GA car accident lawyers. A lawyer will review your situation and advise whether an offer is sufficient or not. If needed, they can negotiate for a higher offer until you receive one that is adequate. This protects your rights to full compensation for your injury-related losses.
Will Your Car Accident Case Go to Trial?
Many people are nervous about starting the legal process because they don’t want to have to take the witness stand and testify in court. The good news is that the large majority of car accident cases never make it into a courtroom, even if a lawsuit is filed.
There are many opportunities to settle a case before trial, including:
- Directly with the insurance company
- After a lawsuit is filed, during pretrial conferences
Most insurance companies want to avoid the time and resources needed for trial, so they often become more willing to offer a fair settlement at some point during the pretrial process. Skilled Lawrenceville GA car accident lawyers can advise you of the path your case might take, and they can represent you in court if your case is one of the few that makes it to trial.
Seek Legal Representation From Our Law Firm And Protect Your Rights
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a negligent driver, don’t wait any longer to seek legal representation from an experienced attorney at Spaulding Injury Law. Our attorneys have over 25 years of experience and are skilled in a number of practice areas, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death. We are dedicated to helping you and your family recover the compensation that you deserve.
You can schedule a free consultation with our team of car accident attorneys today by filling out the contact form on our website. We serve clients throughout Gwinnett County including the cities of Lawrenceville, Duluth, Buford, Snellville, Lilburn, and Norcross.
Spaulding Injury Law: Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyers is located at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202, Lawrenceville, GA 30046, United States.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
If you have suffered an accident and think you need a personal injury lawyer, attorneys near your location are your best option.
We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near you.
We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA