Embraced And Celebrated By Lawrenceville’s Local Community
Were you injured in a motorcycle accident in Lawrenceville, GA or its surroundings? Our motorcycle accident lawyer can help you recover from your losses. We have decades of combined experience handling local motorcycle accident cases.
Our award-winning Lawrenceville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer knows the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine
Lawrenceville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
As thrilling as it is to ride a motorcycle, it’s a well-known fact that it’s a risky activity. However, for most riders, the risk is worth it. Nonetheless, just one accident can change your life forever. To help you prioritize safety as you ride, our motorcycle accident attorneys have compiled some essential tips.
Avoid Riding in Bad Weather Conditions
Bad weather and hazardous road conditions can be the cause of fatal motorcycle accidents. Be extra cautious when riding in slippery conditions, particularly soon after it starts raining, as it can be challenging to brake and avoid debris on the road. If the weather is terrible, it’s better to take another form of transportation or stay indoors until it clears up.
Defensive driving is one of the most effective ways to avoid motorcycle accidents. As a motorcycle rider, be aware of blind spots and watch out for drivers who might not see you. Keep a safe distance between yourself and the car in front of you, and be mindful of the car behind you. Never assume that they will notice your braking or turning. Abide by all Georgia state motorcycle laws while driving to stay safe and avoid fatal accidents.
Wear Protective Gear
Wearing appropriate protective gear and clothing is critical when riding a motorcycle. In case of an accident, your body must be fully covered to avoid motorcycle accident injuries or death. Avoid t-shirts and jeans, and opt for reinforced jackets and pants that are available for riders. Wear gloves and boots as well to protect yourself against road rash and other serious injuries.
Helmets and Eye Protection are Mandatory
According to Georgia state law, motorcycle riders must wear a helmet and eye protection if their bikes are not equipped with a windscreen. Not wearing a helmet can increase the risk of fatal head injuries by 40 percent. Although helmet laws are controversial among riders, they are worth it if they save even one life. Look cousel from a Lawrenceville motorcycle accident attorney, free cosnultation.
Choose the Right Bike Size
Many first-time riders tend to make the mistake of buying the biggest, fanciest bike without considering their skill level or body size. As a result, they end up wrecking their bikes before even leaving the dealership parking lot. To avoid making the same mistake, test the bike first to ensure you can hold it up and that both feet rest flat on the ground.
Why Choose Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
- Voted Among the Best motorcycle accident lawyers in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine.
- Founder and lead trial attorney, Theodore Spaulding, and the entire team at Spaulding Injury law provide the utmost in customer service to and relentless effort for each of their clients which is why Mr. Spaulding and his team are considered among the best motorcycle accident lawyers in Gwinnett County.
- As one of the top law firms in the area, we provide honest and aggressive legal representation and work to get you the maximum amount of compensation.
- Our award-winning law firm does not charge you for our legal services unless you are awarded compensation.
- A Lawrenceville motorcycle accident attorney from our team reviews your case during a free consultation and then provides you with sound legal advice
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating. The consequences of these injuries could affect the rest of the victim’s life, including the ability to earn an income and live independently. Fortunately, motorcycle accident victims do have legal options.
How Can Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Help After A Motorcycle Accident?
Many people often wonder why they need a Lawrenceville Motorcycle Accident Attorney to help them file a claim after a motorcycle accident. It’s not required that you work with a motorcycle accident attorney, but it’s a wise decision to do so after motorcycle accidents.
Why? First and foremost, the injuries that you sustain in motorcycle accidents may be severe, and you may have too much on your plate to handle the legal aspects of your case.
After motorcycle accidents, you will also need to negotiate with the insurance company to reach a settlement. This may sound easy, but it’s not. The insurance adjuster that is assigned to your case will attempt to get you to accept a low settlement offer or admit fault so the insurance company does not have to pay out as much.
Some of the tactics that they use to achieve these goals are tricky, so you may fall for them without even realizing it. Luckily, victims can rely on experienced personal injury attorneys to handle the negotiations with the insurance company. In fact, the experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at Spaulding Injury Law used to work for insurance companies, so they know how to negotiate with insurance adjusters better than anyone.
There’s also a chance that your case will go to trial. This only occurs if you are unable to reach a settlement with the insurance company out of the courtroom. Although going to trial is unlikely, it’s best that you prepare for this scenario by working with motorcycle accident attorney at law who can represent you in court if needed. For more information on how motorcycle accident attorneys can help you file a personal injury claim, visit our blog.
What Kinds Of Motorcycle Accidents Does Our Lawrenceville Law Firm Handle?
Motorcycle accidents often involve a motorcycle and a car. In many cases, the motorcycle accident is the driver of the vehicle’s fault. These accidents often occur when cars make left turns, pass through an intersection, or attempt to change lanes and fail to see a motorcyclist.
Motorcycle accidents can also occur because of intoxicated or distracted drivers, lane-splitting, or hazards in the middle of the road, such as potholes or large debris. It’s also common for motorcyclists to get rear-ended as they sit in traffic. Unfortunately, even a minor fender bender like this could be tragic for the motorcyclist. At Spaulding Injury Law, Our motorcycle accident lawyer handle all of these types of cases and more and are ready to fight for you.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover After A Motorcycle Accident?
The amount of compensation that you may be able to receive after a motorcycle accident will vary depending on a number of factors. There are three different types of compensation that you may be able to receive if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident: economic damages, non-economic damages, and punitive damages.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS: ECONOMIC DAMAGES
Economic damages are awarded to victims that have incurred expenses or suffered losses after a motorcycle accident. For example, these damages would be used to compensate victims for medical expenses or lost wages related to their injuries. Motorcycle accidents are dangerus, you deserve to recive fair compensation, our legal team are ready to help.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS: NON-ECONOMIC DAMAGES
Non-economic damages are given to victims who can show that they have emotionally suffered as a result of motorcycle accidents. For instance, a motorcycle accident victim who sustained a traumatic brain injury may receive non-economic damages to compensate him for the drastic reduction in his quality of life caused by the injury. This change in the quality of his life would probably affect him emotionally and help him recover these damages. Seek counsel from a sesoned motorcycle accident attorney.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS: PUNITIVE DAMAGES
Finally, there are punitive damages. These damages are not awarded to compensate the plaintiff for anything in particular.
Instead, punitive damages are awarded to the plaintiff in cases where the court finds that the defendant was extremely negligent. Awarding punitive damages is a way of punishing the defendant for his incredibly reckless actions that led to the motorcycle accident.
How Does the Motorcycle Accident Claim Process Work?
Most people haven’t had much experience with motorcycle accident cases, so it is a common question regarding how the process of getting compensation works. While each case is different, the following is a brief overview of how many cases proceed. To discuss your specific situation and what you might expect, talk to a motorcycle accident lawyer in Lawrenceville directly today.
EVALUATING YOUR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CASE
The first step in a motorcycle accident claim is to determine whether you have a claim and who it should be against. Sometimes, liability can be obvious, such as when a drunk driver hit your motorcycle and was then arrested and convicted of impaired driving. But that still might not be the full story, as other parties might also be responsible for your losses that weren’t even present at the motorcycle crash scene.
Some liable parties can include:
- Employers of drivers if the accident happened while the driver was working
- Rideshare companies
- Motorcycle manufacturers
- Construction crews or government departments that allowed road hazards
FILING INSURANCE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CLAIMS
Once your motorcycle accident attorney determines all parties that should be liable in your case, they can prepare and file the necessary insurance motorcycle accident claims. Preparation includes:
- Gathering evidence of liability
- Calculating your past and future losses
- Presenting documentation to support your losses claimed
Filing the claim with the help of Lawrenceville motorcycle accident lawyers officially begins the process of demanding compensation from liable parties and their insurers.
NEGOTIATING A SETTLEMENT OFFER
If you have a valid claim and evidence to back it up, you might expect the insurance company to simply write you a check for all of your stated losses. Unfortunately, this isn’t the way the process works in many cases. Speak your case with a motorcycle accident lawyer.
Instead, insurance companies usually offer much less than a claimant deserves hoping they can save money if you accept the offer. Your motorcycle accident attorney will review offers and advise you whether they are fair or whether they need to negotiate for more. You want a motorcycle accident lawyer who is a skilled negotiator and who won’t push you into accepting the first offer you receive if it is too low.
If the insurance company agrees in negotiations to offer an amount that covers your losses, you can accept the offer. You will receive payment, and the case will be resolved.
FILING A PERSONAL INJURY LAWSUIT
If the insurance company refuses to make a fair offer, your motorcycle accident attorney can escalate the matter by filing a personal injury lawsuit in civil court against all the liable parties. The insurance companies of these parties will defend the lawsuit, so they might even raise the offer to avoid litigation. If not, litigation will begin.
There are different steps to a motorcycle accident lawsuit, including:
- Filing the complaint, and the defendants have the right to respond
- Discovery, which involves each side training information and evidence regarding the issues in the case
- Pretrial motions, which allow attorneys to make requests of the judge to dismiss or rule on issues in the case
- Pretrial conferences between your motorcycle accident attorney and the insurance company, which allow them to negotiate a settlement agreement to resolve the matter without going to trial
- Trial, which requires each side to present its case before a jury that will then decide whether you deserve compensation and how much
Most cases that require litigation get resolved through a settlement agreement before trial.
How Much Does a Lawrenceville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Cost?
Because the claim process is so complicated, it is important that you have the right motorcycle accident attorney in Lawrenceville representing you from the start. But what about the cost of legal representation? Don’t motorcycle accident lawyers charge expensive fees? Can’t you save money by trying to handle the matter on your own?
Motorcycle accident attorneys know that injury victims are already feeling financial stress, so they take injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means:
- Case evaluations are always free
- If you have a valid case, the motorcycle accident lawyer accepts the case with no up front retainer or fees
- The law firm covers the costs of the claim process
- If you receive a settlement, the lawyer’s fees are a percentage of the settlement that you agreed to from the beginning
- The lawyer’s fees and cost reimbursement come straight from the settlement, so you never need to pay anything out of pocket
- If you do not receive a settlement, the motorcycle accident lawyer does not receive any payment either
Because represented people often receive higher settlements, hiring legal help can work out in your favor instead of costing you any money.
Insight into Legal Procedures
In the wake of a motorcycle accident, victims may find themselves feeling overwhelmed not only by their physical recovery but also by the intricate legal processes associated with securing rightful compensation. Having a clear understanding of these procedures can help alleviate some of that stress, enabling victims to focus on their recovery while their Lawrenceville motorcycle accident lawyers navigates the complexities of the justice system. Here, we shed light on some key aspects of the legal procedures following a motorcycle accident:
Initial Case Evaluation
The initial case evaluation from Lawrenceville motorcycle accident lawyers begins when you reach out to a motorcycle accident attorney, ideally one with experience in motorcycle accidents. This contact can be through a phone call, email, or in-person consultation. During this interaction, the motorcycle accident attorney will ask detailed questions to get a clear understanding of the circumstances surrounding your accident.
These questions often include:
- What happened during the accident?
- What were the conditions on the road?
- Were there any witnesses?
- What types of injuries have you sustained?
- What are your medical diagnosis and prognosis?
- Were any traffic laws violated that could establish the other party’s liability?
Your responses, along with any supporting documents like medical reports, police reports, and photographs, provide crucial insights for the lawrenceville motorcycle accident lawyers to assess the strength and potential value of your case. This process helps determine if your case is viable legally and financially.
If your attorney believes you have a case, they will likely offer representation, often on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing unless they win or settle your case.
Once your case has been accepted, the attorney and their legal team initiate an extensive investigation process. This is a crucial step where the primary objective is to gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim.
The investigation often involves:
- Visiting the Accident Scene: The legal team may visit the site of the accident to gather additional evidence, such as skid marks, traffic signs, or any other physical evidence. They may also look for any surveillance cameras that may have captured the accident.
- Gathering Evidence: This includes acquiring photographs of the accident scene, the damage to your motorcycle, your injuries, and any other relevant aspects. They may also collect clothing and protective gear worn during the accident, as this can provide valuable insight into the severity of the motorcycle crash.
- Speaking to Witnesses: The team will try to identify and interview any witnesses who might have seen the accident. Witness statements can significantly strengthen your claim by corroborating your account of the accident.
- Hiring Accident Reconstruction Experts: In some cases, especially when liability is disputed, your legal team might employ accident reconstruction experts. These professionals can recreate the accident using scientific principles and sophisticated software. Their reports can powerfully demonstrate the dynamics of the accident and establish the other party’s fault.
- Reviewing Medical Records: The team will meticulously review all medical reports to understand the full extent of your injuries and to link them directly to the accident. This can also involve consultation with medical experts to ascertain the nature of the injuries and the prognosis.
- Documenting Financial Losses: They will collate all bills, receipts, and other documents that quantify your financial losses due to the accident. These include medical bills, therapy costs, loss of earnings, and projected future financial losses due to your injuries.
This comprehensive investigation helps build a compelling case that positions you favorably for either settlement negotiations or a court trial.
Filing a Claim
After gathering all necessary information and evidence, your motorcycle accident lawyer will file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. The claim will detail the nature of the accident, the injuries sustained, and the financial losses incurred due to medical bills, lost wages, and other related expenses.
Insurance companies often attempt to minimize payouts. They may dispute the severity of your injuries, question the details of the accident, or challenge the necessity of certain medical treatments. It’s during this phase that the expertise of your motorcycle accident lawyer comes into play. Skilled motorcycle accident lawyer will leverage their knowledge and experience to negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
If negotiations fail to yield a satisfactory settlement, your motorcycle accident lawyer may suggest filing a lawsuit. This initiates a more formal legal process that includes discovery (sharing of evidence between parties), deposition (sworn out-of-court testimonies), and trial. Most personal injury cases are settled before they reach the trial phase, but it’s crucial to have a lawyer who is prepared to take your case to court if needed.
Settlement or Trial
If a settlement is agreed upon during the litigation process, the case concludes with a payout to the victim. If no agreement is reached, the case goes to trial, where a judge or jury will decide the outcome. If you win at trial, the court will order the defendant to pay a specific amount.
Contact Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Lawrenceville
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, trust the attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law with over two decades of experience. Our Lawrenceville GA motorcycle accident attorneys take the time to develop a personal relationship with each client that we represent and pride ourselves on giving each case the attention that it deserves. Our law firm has a number of different practice areas, including motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, and car accidents.
Please schedule a free consultation today with our experienced motorcycle accident lawyer by filling out the online contact form on our website. We have an office in Lawrenceville and serve clients throughout Gwinnett County and within every zip code of the greater Atlanta area. You won’t have to pay any attorneys’ fees unless we help you recover the compensation that you deserve!
Spaulding Injury Law: Lawrenceville Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer is located at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202, Lawrenceville, GA 30046, United States.
A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me
If you have suffered an accident and think you need a personal injury lawyer, attorneys near your location are your best option. First, they are very familiar with the state regulations and must have worked with the local police departments requesting, as well as know the local court rules and procedures in the event your personal injury case requires a lawsuit.
Second is, that they are very familiar with the type of injuries and causes in Lawrenceville, which can make the process a lot easier by quickly identifying liability for your injuries and losses.
Visit Our Motorcycle Accident Office in Lawrenceville, GA
At Spaulding Injury Law: Lawrenceville Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near you. We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA