Injury Lawyers Helping Motorcyclists Pay For Medical Bills And More After A Major Traffic Collision
- Personal injury law in Georgia provides that any motorcyclist who is injured by a negligent driver in this state is entitled to monetary compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and all other damages and losses related to the collision.
- Our award-winning injury attorneys can provide sound legal advice and effective representation to a motorcyclist who has been injured by a negligent driver in this state.
- We will fight for the best possible out-of-court settlement or jury verdict on an injury victim’s behalf.
- Attorneys Theodore Spaulding and Jeremy Hayes are ready to protect your rights and to fight for the compensation – and the justice – that every motorcyclist who is injured by negligence needs and deserves.
Georgia Motorcyclists Face Unique Challenges
If you ride a motorcycle in the city of Savannah, you probably already know that using a helmet, keeping your motorcycle routinely maintained, and adhering to the rules of the road are essential safety precautions.
But even the most cautious motorcyclist can be injured by someone else – a reckless, careless, or impaired driver – in a traffic crash. If that happens to you in or near Savannah, arrange at once to speak with a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer.
Anyone who is injured by another person’s negligence in Georgia is entitled to compensation, but motorcyclists who are injured by a negligent driver may face unique challenges. The award-winning attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law know how to handle those challenges.
What Makes Motorcycle Accidents Different?
Car, bus, and truck occupants are “wrapped” inside a vehicle that provides some measure of safety to those travelers. Motorcyclists and their passengers, however, are entirely exposed, so in a collision, they are quite likely to sustain the most devastating types of injuries.
After a motorcycle accident, and especially if you have suffered internal injuries, multiple fractures, a traumatic brain injury, a spinal cord injury, or an injury that requires amputation, you will need the maximum of amount of compensation that is available.
A Savannah motorcycle accident attorney at Spaulding Injury Law can help. You may also need a medical expert who can explain the full extent of your injuries and/or an accident reconstruction specialist who can explain what happened and which party should be held accountable.
What Kinds Of Motorcycle Accidents Does Our Law Firm Handle?
Motorcyclists deal with a number of safety concerns. However, most of the motorcycle accident cases we handle are caused by:
- Left turns: More than forty percent of car-vs.-motorcycle collisions happen when either a motorcyclist or a driver is making a left turn.
- Other drivers with obstructed visibility: When a driver’s vision is obstructed by buildings, parked cars, or any other obstacle, a driver may slowly roll into a traffic lane in front of an oncoming motorcyclist.
- Debris on the road: Motorcycles only have two wheels, so potholes, oily pavement, and debris on the road can pose a considerable threat to a motorcyclist.
- Inexperience: It takes a long time to become an experienced motorcycle operator. New riders need to avoid the busiest streets and highways. And if you have never taken a motorcycling safety course, it’s a smart idea.
- Negligence: Negligence includes reckless driving, speeding, and driving while impaired. While negligence causes all sorts of accidents, the injuries caused by negligence in a motorcycling accident are apt to be devastating – or worse.
What Safety Measures Can A Motorcyclist Take To Prevent Another Accident?
Experienced riders know what precautions to take, but if you are new as a motorcyclist, these suggestions may help you avoid the most serious motorcycle accidents:
- Wear a helmet. Georgia is one of only twenty states that require all motorcyclists to wear a helmet whenever they ride. Unlike cars, motorcycles offer their users no physical protection whatsoever, so a helmet is imperative.
- Boots, gloves, and a motorcycle jacket are also essential for every motorcycle rider.
- Negligent drivers run stop signs and traffic signals every day. When traffic lights change, be certain that the vehicles crossing in front of you come to a full stop before you move through the intersection.
- Blind spots cause too many motorcycle collisions. It is always wise to presume that a driver can’t see you unless that driver directly acknowledges you in some way.
Of course, the entire burden of safety doesn’t fall exclusively on the motorcyclist. Truck and automobile drivers also have an obligation to keep their eyes on the road and to be particularly aware of bicyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians.
How Can A Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help A Victim Of Negligence?
Particularly if you have suffered catastrophic injuries because of a vehicle driver’s negligence, you are going to need the maximum amount of available compensation. In order to succeed with your lawsuit, you must be advised and represented by a qualified accident attorney.
A good accident lawyer can assess the evidence in your case, study the medical and police reports, and provide the legal advice that you will need.
I dealt with attorney Jeremy Hayes and was extremely satisfied with the experience and results. He was deliberate, measured and kept every commitment he made. I got responses the same day and overall couldn’t be more satisfied. I plan on using this firm for all of my legal needs! – Ray Robinson
What Can You Expect To Receive As A Victim Of Negligence?
If you and your attorney can prove that you were injured by negligence and that you are entitled to compensation, you will be reimbursed for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Personal injury attorneys Theodore Spaulding and Jeremy Hayes routinely represent motorcyclists and others who have sustained serious injuries because of negligence. We frequently call on medical and accident reconstruction experts to prove the claims of our clients.
Spaulding Injury Law Fights For You As You Recover Your Health
Let an experienced accident attorney from our law firm handle your legal concerns while you focus on regaining your health. You may recover all of your current and future medical costs, your lost current and future wages, and all other related losses and damages.
We handle personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis, so clients pay no attorney’s fee unless and until we recover a settlement or a jury verdict on your behalf.
Contact A Top-rated Motorcycle Injury Law Firm In Savannah Today
We represent personal injury clients in Chatham County and across the state of Georgia. After a motorcycling injury, an attorney at Spaulding Injury Law will review your case for free – and with no obligation – to determine if you have an injury claim.
If you survive a motorcycle accident, you may be catastrophically injured or permanently disabled. Seek medical help first, and then seek legal guidance immediately. You have the right to be represented by a lawyer who will fight for your rights and for the justice you deserve.
If you’d like to stay informed on the latest safety tips, we have the Official Georgia Bikers Unite Facebook Group, where we provide daily content for riders of all skill levels. To join the group, click here.