Recognized Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer in Suwanee
Helping The Injured Protect Their Rights
You might make safe choices as a driver, but others do not, and drunk drivers are among the most dangerous drivers on our roads. The risk associated with drunk driving is well established, but too many motorists ignore the facts and continue to drive drunk.
A drunk driver can change your and your family’s lives in a moment, leading to extensive and ongoing losses. Obtaining just compensation in the wake of a drunk driving accident calls for the skilled legal guidance of an experienced Suwanee accident lawyer from Spaulding Injury Law.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row
Why Choose Us?
- Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine.
- Founder and lead trial attorney, Theodore Spaulding, and the entire team at Spaulding Injury law provide the utmost in customer service to and relentless effort for each of their clients which is why Mr. Spaulding and his team are considered among the best lawyers in Gwinnett County.
- As one of the top law firms in the area, we provide honest and aggressive legal representation and work to get you the maximum amount of compensation.
- Our award-winning law firm does not charge you for our legal services unless you are awarded compensation.
- A Lawrenceville GA personal injury attorney from our team reviews your case during a free consultation and then provides you with sound legal advice
How our Accident Lawyers in Gwinnett County Can Help?
- Conducting in-depth investigations liability for your accident.
- Collecting probatory evidence.
- Seeking witnesses and gather statements and evidence for the case.
- Talking with the insurance companies.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to secure fair settlements.
- Representing you at trial if needed (when a fair settlement cannot be reached)
The Sobering Statistics
The National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) shares all the following jaw-dropping statistics related to impaired drivers and the risks they pose to you:
- Every day in this country, about 37 people are killed by drunk drivers, which translates to a death every 39 minutes.
- In a recent year, 13,384 people lost their lives in drunk-driving accidents, which represents a 14 percent increase over the previous year.
- Almost a third of fatal traffic accidents involve a driver with a blood alcohol content (BAC) that is over the legal limit of .08 percent.
- In a ten-year period, an average of 10,850 people were killed each year in crashes involving drunk drivers.
To make matters more dangerous, alcohol can interact with and enhance the risky effects of OTC and prescription medications.
The Effects of Alcohol on a Motorist’s Ability to Drive
NHTSA reports that even a small amount of alcohol in a driver’s system can lead to decreased visual functioning as well as deficits related to divided attention – or performing two tasks at the same time – which is common to driving safely. As the percentage rises, deficits like the following occur in progressive order:
- Coordination is reduced, the ability to track moving objects is reduced, steering becomes more difficult, and responses to emergency driving situations weaken.
- Drivers experience short-term memory loss, have difficulty controlling their speed, experience difficulties processing information, and experience impaired perceptions.
- Drivers have more difficulty maintaining their positions in their lanes and can have trouble braking appropriately.
- Motorists experience substantial deficits related to controlling their vehicles, paying attention to the task of driving, and processing important visual and auditory information.
Drunk drivers can cause you serious injuries, but a dedicated Suwanee drunk driving accident attorney can help.
Accidents Common to Drunk Drivers
Impaired drivers can cause virtually any kind of accident, but the following categories are some of the most common:
- T-bone accidents caused by drunk drivers who plow through intersections unsafely
- Rear-end accidents caused by drunk drivers who fail to leave enough distance between forward vehicles
- Sideswipe accidents caused by drunk drivers who swerve out of their lanes
- Rollovers caused by drunk drivers who are unable to control their vehicles and overcorrect in the face of emergencies
- Head-on collisions caused by drunk drivers who enter roads they shouldn’t or who veer into lanes of oncoming traffic
Any one of these accidents can result in injuries and losses to you.
Common Injuries from Drunk Driving Crashes
If you’re in an accident with a drunk driver, you might suffer very serious injuries that can prove life-altering, including:
- Compound fractures
- Serious burns and cuts
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Limb loss or injuries that require amputation, such as crushing injuries
- Internal injuries, including internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Back and neck injuries, including whiplash
- Joint injuries that require multiple surgeries and complicated care
Seeking Compensation for Your Losses
The losses – or legal damages – that are addressed in drunk driving claims generally include the following:
- Property damage to the victim’s vehicle and its contents
- Medical bills that can reach far into the future
- Lost income that can include losses in relation to earning potential
- The physical and emotional pain and suffering that the victim is forced to endure
An important element of recovery is obtaining fair compensation that addresses your complete losses, and this is best left to a seasoned drunk driving accident lawyer in Suwanee.
Handling Your Drunk Driving Accident Claim
In order to obtain rightful compensation, there are several important elements that must be carefully addressed.
Presenting Strong Evidence
Strong claims require strong evidence, which generally includes all the following:
- The police report, which will likely include notice of the at-fault driver’s impairment
- Proof of the citation the drunk driver received
- The testimony of eyewitnesses
- The victim’s associated medical records and doctor’s report
- The expert testimony of professionals in relevant fields
- Accident recreation models that highlight the involved circumstances
- Photos, dash cam footage, and videos captured during and after the accident
Your Attorney’s Skilled Negotiations
Drunk driving claims are negotiated with the involved insurance companies, and drunk driving accident attorneys in Suwanee have the finesse and experience to knowledgeably negotiate terms that support their clients’ recovery and overall well-being. This includes all the following:
- Communicating with insurance reps to protect their clients from intrusive questioning that can lead to claim-damaging statements
- Guiding claims effectively and efficiently forward
- Helping clients successfully navigate the complicated legal process
- Calling out insurance companies that engage in practices that are less than fair
- Being well prepared to proceed to court when insurance companies refuse to engage in productive and fair negotiations
Your Participation in Your Claim
While drunk driving accident attorneys handle the heavy load when it comes to drunk driving claims, there are steps that every claimant can take to help protect their own rights, including:
- Obtaining the necessary medical attention as soon after the accident as possible and carefully following their doctor’s ongoing advice and instructions
- Leaving the insurance company to the seasoned lawyer while focusing on their own recovery
- Staying off social media until the claim is successfully negotiated
- Not accepting a settlement offer prior to discussing it with their legal counsel
It’s Time to Consult with an Experienced Suwanee Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
The distinguished drunk driving accident lawyers at Spaulding Injury Law in Suwanee focus their impressive practice on skillfully guiding challenging drunk driving claims toward optimal outcomes that support your fullest recovery. Learn more by contacting us online or calling our office today.
Types Of Cases We Handle
Visit Our Drunk Driving Accident Office in Suwanee
We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near Suwanee. We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA