Recognized MARTA Accident Lawyers in Suwanee
Helping The Injured Protect Their Rights
MARTA offers an excellent way for you to get around – minus the headache of driving yourself, finding parking, and all the rest. MARTA accidents, however, happen, and they’re often quite dangerous.
MARTA is run by a government agency, which makes MARTA claims both more complicated and more limited in their scope. If you have been injured as a result of negligence on the part of MARTA, you should seek the legal guidance of an experienced Suwanee accident lawyer at Spaulding Injury Law as soon after the accident as possible.
Our award-winning MARTA accident lawyers know the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row
Why Choose Us?
- Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine.
- Founder and lead trial attorney, Theodore Spaulding, and the entire team at Spaulding Injury law provide the utmost in customer service to and relentless effort for each of their clients which is why Mr. Spaulding and his team are considered among the best lawyers in Gwinnett County.
- As one of the top law firms in the area, we provide honest and aggressive legal representation and work to get you the maximum amount of compensation.
- Our award-winning law firm does not charge you for our legal services unless you are awarded compensation.
- A Lawrenceville GA personal injury attorney from our team reviews your case during a free consultation and then provides you with sound legal advice
How Can Our Lawyers Help?
- Conducting in-depth investigations liability for your accident.
- Collecting probatory evidence.
- Seeking witnesses and gather statements and evidence for the case.
- Talking with the insurance companies.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to secure fair settlements.
- Representing you at trial if needed (when a fair settlement cannot be reached)
The formidable MARTA accident attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law in Suwanee appreciate the challenges associated with these governmental claims and have the insight, resources, and laser focus to help.
Common MARTA Accidents
MARTA stands for the Suwanee Rapid Transit Authority, and it runs one of the busiest heavy rail rapid transit systems in the nation – along with offering extensive bus lines. With all that action, accidents are bound to happen, and they do.
While every MARTA accident claim includes unique circumstances, and these accidents can take many forms, some of the most common ways you might suffer injuries include the following:
- Falls on poorly maintained or poorly operating escalators
- Inadequate security that leads to assaults
- Slip and fall accidents caused by railway or bus stations that are debris-strewn
- Injuries to passengers caused by unsafe train operation or braking
- Pedestrians who are hit or grazed by passing MARTA trains
- Passengers and occupants of other vehicles injured due to the negligence of MARTA bus drivers
It’s not unusual for a victim of a MARTA accident to be intimidated about filing a claim against the government, but – while the process is more challenging – a seasoned Suwanee MARTA accident attorney is standing by to help you in this situation.
Passengers Are Owed a Duty of Care
When you jump on MARTA trains and buses, you’re generally not concerned about your safety. After all, you are leaving the driving to the professionals, and the entire production is run by the city government, which tends to inspire confidence. While all of this is true, negligence at any level in the MARTA system can lead to accidents.
For example, the conductors who operate MARTA trains owe a duty of care to all who travel on them and stand or walk near them, and negligence of any form on their part can prove exceptionally dangerous. Train conductors are susceptible to the same forms of negligence that all drivers are, including:
- Excess speed
- Failure to follow the rules of safety that apply to the rails
It’s important to note that because MARTA drivers are professional drivers, they’re held to an even more strict duty of care in relation to the safety of others, which means they have a more exacting responsibility to the safety of you and other riders.
The Clock Is Ticking
When you are injured as a result of negligence on MARTA’s part, bringing an accident claim against them is the same as bringing a claim against the city government. As such, you face a more constrained time limitation.
For example, when a car accident victim files a car accident claim against the at-fault driver, the statute of limitations – or the time limit for doing so – is two years from the date of the accident. With a MARTA accident claim, however, you have only six months to file a claim, which speeds the matter up dramatically. Consulting with a trusted MARTA accident lawyer in Suwanee as soon as possible once your health is stable is always advised.
Filing a MARTA Accident Claim
To file a claim with the City of Suwanee, a specific form provided by the city needs to be used, and two specific components must be met and addressed.
Acting within the Scope of Duty
The governmental employee or officer whose negligence is responsible for the MARTA accident, such as a MARTA train conductor, must have been acting within their capacity as a MARTA employee at the time of the accident.
The losses addressed must be covered by the law, which can include medical costs, lost earnings, and physical and mental pain and suffering.
On the form provided by the city, information about all the following must also be included:
- The time and location of the accident that left the claimant injured
- The actions or failure to act on the part of MARTA or a MARTA employee – which amounts to their negligence – that is at the heart of the claim
- The extent and type of covered losses the victim suffered as a result
Bringing a Strong MARTA Accident Claim
The more solid evidence involved, the stronger your MARTA accident claim. The kind of evidence that applies from case to case can vary considerably, but most such evidence falls into the following important categories:
- The testimony of eyewitnesses and bystanders
- Photos, videos, and dashcam footage related to the accident
- The accident report
- The victim’s relevant medical history and related medical information
- The injury analysis made by the victim’s doctor
- Accident recreation models that depict the components of the accident
- The testimony of professionals with expertise relevant to the case
Protecting the MARTA Accident Claim
City government is adept at protecting itself from claims and large settlements – and there are laws that help them achieve this – which makes protecting MARTA claims that much more important. While no two MARTA claims are ever identical to one another, there are several steps that you should take as a victim of a MARTA accident, including:
- Seek immediate medical care and take the doctor’s advice and instructions seriously
- Don’t wait to consult with an accomplished MARTA accident attorney in Suwanee
- Don’t provide the MARTA rep with a statement before consulting with an attorney – leave the statements to legal counsel
- Take a break from posting on social media until the claim has been successfully resolved
Call an Experienced Suwanee MARTA Accident Lawyer Today
Types Of Cases We Handle
Visit Our MARTA Accident Office in Suwanee
We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near Suwanee. We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA