Recognized Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Suwanee
Helping The Injured Protect Their Rights
As a motorcyclist, you enjoy the freedom of the open road, and Suwanee, Georgia, is a beautiful spot to ride. Unfortunately, you aren’t afforded the same protections that other motorists are, and too many drivers fail to look for – and to see – motorcyclists in their midst. Because motorcycle accidents are some of the most dangerous accidents on our roads, working closely with an experienced Suwanee accident lawyer is always well-advised if you suffer injuries.
Our award-winning motorcycle accident lawyers know the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row
Why Choose Us?
- Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine.
- Founder and lead trial attorney, Theodore Spaulding, and the entire team at Spaulding Injury law provide the utmost in customer service to and relentless effort for each of their clients which is why Mr. Spaulding and his team are considered among the best lawyers in Gwinnett County.
- As one of the top law firms in the area, we provide honest and aggressive legal representation and work to get you the maximum amount of compensation.
- Our award-winning law firm does not charge you for our legal services unless you are awarded compensation.
- A Lawrenceville GA personal injury attorney from our team reviews your case during a free consultation and then provides you with sound legal advice
How Can A Team Of Qualified Lawyers Help?
Our motorcycle accident attorneys can help by:
- Conducting in-depth investigations of liability for your accident.
- Collecting probatory evidence.
- Seeking witnesses and gathering statements and evidence for the case.
- Talking with the insurance companies.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to secure fair settlements.
- Representing you at trial if needed (when a fair settlement cannot be reached)
Motorcycle Accidents are Common and Deadly
The statistics regarding motorcycle accidents are telling. Consider the following sobering numbers reported by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA) regarding the most recent year for which statistics are available:
- There were 5,579 motorcycle accident fatalities, which accounted for 14 percent of all traffic fatalities that year – making it the deadliest year since 1975 when official recording began.
- The number of total motorcycle accident fatalities was 11 percent higher than the year prior.
- About 82,528 motorcyclists were injured in motorcycle accidents.
- When compared in terms of vehicle miles traveled for the year, motorcyclists were 28 times more likely to die in traffic accidents than the occupants of cars.
Our Suwanee motorcycle accident lawyers protect your rights in pursuit of the compensation to which they’re entitled.
Too Many Motorists Don’t See Motorcyclists
When you are on your motorcycle, you take up far less space on the road. Unless drivers consciously look for you and pay sufficient attention, it is all too easy for them to cause you life-changing injuries. All of the following forms of driver negligence can contribute to a motorist failing to see you on the road and causing considerable damage in the process:
- Distractions, such as texting or any other kind of dangerous distraction
- Excess speed
- Failure to follow all driving laws
The relatively small profile that motorcyclists present makes it far easier for you to get lost in the blind spots that other drivers experience. While every driver is responsible for adequately checking their blind spots prior to changing lanes or leaving the road, many fail to do so – and you and other motorcyclists can pay the ultimate price.
Motorcycle Accidents and Serious Injuries
The kinds of injuries that commonly happen in motorcycle accidents tend to be quite serious – often requiring ongoing medical attention and leading to secondary health concerns. Consider the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Serious burns
- Road rash
- Internal injuries
- Limb loss and injuries that require amputation
Motorcycles and Risk Factors
Additional risk factors that you might experience as a motorcyclist include:
- You don’t have the protective shell that offers the occupants of other vehicles a buffer zone.
- You need far less distance to slow down and stop safely on the road, which makes motorists who travel too closely behind them a serious risk factor.
- Motorcycles afford you less connection to the ground, which leaves them more vulnerable to inferior road conditions.
- You are especially vulnerable to adverse weather, which is unpredictable and can whip up at virtually any time.
Motorcyclists have considerably more agility than other motorists on the road, which can lead to safety concerns of its own. Ultimately, you are well advised to proceed as if you are invisible to other drivers – trusting other motorists to see you is simply too great a risk.
The losses – or legal damages – that motorcyclists tend to experience in motorcycle accidents include all the following:
- Property damage to their bikes and anything they carry with them
- Medical bills that may stretch far into the future
- Lost income, which can include career losses that come with an emotional component
- Pain and suffering that is all too real and can be very difficult to manage
Seasoned motorcycle accident lawyers in Suwanee carefully focus on negotiating fair settlements that address their clients’ complete physical, financial, and emotional losses.
Obtaining Fair Compensation
Obtaining fair compensation hinges on bringing a strong accident claim, which involves a range of important elements that are best left to legal counsel.
Bringing a strong motorcycle accident claim requires strong evidence, which generally includes the following:
- The testimony of bystanders and other eyewitnesses
- Expert testimony
- Physical evidence taken from the scene of the accident
- Dashcam footage, videos, and photos related to the accident
- Accident recreation models
- The police report
- Medical records and the testimony of involved medical professionals
Dealing with the Insurance Company
The insurance companies that handle motorcycle accident claims – like other businesses – are focused on profits, which means they’re invested in keeping settlements low. Toward this end, they have a range of tools at their disposal, including:
- Making the process as long and difficult as possible
- Denying claims early on – hoping you will give up
- Challenging their policyholder’s fault in the matter
- Denying the extent of the claimant’s losses
- Making prompt settlement offers to entice you into accepting far too little compensation
Insurance reps are also skilled at eliciting statements from claimants that ultimately damage their own claims, which makes leaving communication with the insurance rep to a trusted motorcycle accident lawyer in Suwanee the best practice.
Common Pitfalls of Motorcycle Injury Claims
As an injury victim, you can support your own claims by taking the following universally beneficial tips to heart:
- Seeking immediate medical attention and carefully adhering to the forthcoming medical instructions and advice
- Reaching out to a focused motorcycle accident attorney early in the process and leaving the skilled negotiating to them
- Staying off social media while the claim is being resolved
Reach Out to an Experienced Suwanee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
The practiced motorcycle accident attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law in Suwanee are committed to fiercely advocating for favorable claim resolutions that compensate our clients fairly – and support their most complete recoveries. Our legal team has the skill, experience, and legal insight to help, so please don’t wait to contact us online or call us for more information today. Case evaluations are always free with no obligation.
Visit Our Motorcycle Accident Office in Suwanee
We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near Suwanee. We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA