Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer in Suwanee
Helping The Injured Protect Their Rights
The experience of going through a car accident can be extremely stressful, and when it is made more complicated when the other driver is working for Uber or Lyft, it can get confusing. When you have been through a car accident, the opposing party and their insurance company are concerned with settling as soon as possible, for as little as possible.
Our award-winning Uber & Lyft accident lawyers know the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win.
Embraced And Celebrated By Gwinnett’s Local Community
Were you injured in Lawrenceville, GA or its surroundings? Our lawyers can help you recover from your losses. We have decades of combined experience handling local personal injury cases.
Having a local personal injury lawyer with experience with and knowledge of the actual value of your case is vital to ensuring you receive the most compensation possible for your injuries.
Our award-winning personal injury lawyers know the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine
Why Choose Us?
- Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine.
- Founder and lead trial attorney, Theodore Spaulding, and the entire team at Spaulding Injury law provide the utmost in customer service to and relentless effort for each of their clients which is why Mr. Spaulding and his team are considered among the best lawyers in Gwinnett County.
- As one of the top law firms in the area, we provide honest and aggressive legal representation and work to get you the maximum amount of compensation.
- Our award-winning law firm does not charge you for our legal services unless you are awarded compensation.
- A Lawrenceville GA personal injury attorney from our team reviews your case during a free consultation and then provides you with sound legal advice
How our Lawyers in Suwanee Can Help?
Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft make getting around easier than ever, and leaving the driving, navigating, and parking to someone else is always appreciated. Unfortunately, however, Uber and Lyft accidents are all too common, and the claims that are forthcoming tend to be complicated.
Spaulding Injury Law attorneys can help by:
- Conducting in-depth investigations of liability for your accident.
- Collecting probatory evidence.
- Seeking witnesses and gathering statements and evidence for the case.
- Talking with the insurance companies.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to secure fair settlements.
- Representing you at trial if needed (when a fair settlement cannot be reached)
Were you injured by the negligence of an Uber or Lyft driver or in an accident involving a rideshare vehicle? An experienced Suwanee Uber & Lyft accident lawyer can help.
Uber and Lyft Drivers Are Not Professional Drivers
While the rideshare drivers who man Uber and Lyft rides are paid to drive, they are not employees of the rideshare companies in the traditional sense. Instead, they are contract workers who are not required to obtain commercial driver’s licenses the way professional drivers are. In other words, while Uber and Lyft drivers do a lot of driving and take on considerable responsibility, they do not need additional training or experience to do so.
Rideshare Driving Is Challenging
Every motorist accepts a heavy responsibility for the safety of others when they take to the road, and this is also true of rideshare drivers. These drivers, however, face additional challenges that include:
- Stopping and starting frequently
- Maneuvering in and out of traffic often, which is when accidents are most likely to happen
- Navigating through traffic while interacting with the rideshare app
- Traveling in unfamiliar areas while on the lookout for waiting passengers
- Finding safe spots to pick up and drop off passengers
Rideshare drivers have a lot on their plate, and it can lead to dangerous accidents.
Rideshare Accidents and Insurance Coverage
What makes rideshare accident claims different from those generated by other traffic accidents is the way the insurance coverage works.
The Rideshare Driver Has a Passenger or Is Preparing to Pick One Up
If the rideshare driver has a passenger in their vehicle or is on the way to pick one up, both Uber and Lyft have robust insurance policies in place that handle these claims. In these situations, if you are injured by the rideshare driver’s negligence – whether as a passenger, the occupant of another vehicle, or a pedestrian – you will file your claim directly with the rideshare company’s insurance provider.
The Rideshare Driver Is Waiting to Be Assigned a Passenger
When the rideshare driver is on the road and on the app but has no passenger in the car or waiting to be picked up, the motorist’s own insurance coverage is responsible for covering any accident claims. It is important to note that rideshare drivers are required to carry specific coverage minimums. Once the driver’s policy is maxed out, however, the rideshare company’s policy comes into play. In these situations, you generally have to file claims with two insurance providers.
The Rideshare Driver Is off the App
Rideshare drivers spend a lot of time on the road, and they sometimes toggle on and off rideshare apps – and sometimes toggle between rideshare apps – driving for more than one rideshare company on any given outing. When others are injured by rideshare drivers who are not on a rideshare app at the time, the accident claim proceeds through the driver’s personal car insurance coverage, just like any other car accident claim would.
Physical, Financial, and Emotional Damages
The losses – or legal damages – that you experience from rideshare accidents are often extensive and generally fall into categories like the following:
- Damage to the victim’s vehicle and its contents
- Medical expenses that may be ongoing
- Loss of wages that can include lost earning power into the future
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Obtaining fair compensation that covers your full range of losses is critical to your overall recovery, which makes working closely with a dedicated Suwanee Uber & Lyft Accident attorney critical.
Rideshare Driver Negligence
A rideshare driver’s negligence can take virtually any form, but most rideshare claims often hinge on dangerous driving practices like the following:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to follow the rules of the road
- Drowsy driving
- Driving while distracted by a phone – or anything else
- Aggressive driving
We can assess the cause of your crash and who should be responsible for your injuries.
Bringing a Strong Rideshare Accident Claim
Bringing a strong rideshare accident claim requires several steps that seasoned Suwanee rideshare accident attorneys are well prepared to tackle.
The kind of evidence that helps to build a strong rideshare accident claim includes:
- Photos, dash cam footage, and videos generated by the accident
- The testimony of eyewitnesses
- The police report
- Physical evidence gathered from the scene
- Medical records and reports
- The testimony of witnesses with relevant expertise
- Accident recreation models that depict the involved circumstances
Skillful Negotiations with the Insurance Company
Our Suwanee Lyft & Uber accident lawyers have the experience and legal insight to clearly communicate with insurance reps on your behalf – reducing the risk that statements you make end up damaging your own claim. Our attorneys also capably take on the job of knowledgeably negotiating with the insurance companies in pursuit of the compensation to which you are entitled.
Focused rideshare attorneys provide you with the guidance you need to navigate the legal process toward fair compensation. Universally beneficial suggestions include:
- Obtaining prompt medical care
- Leaving the insurance company in the attorney’s skilled hands
- Taking a break from social media until the claim has been settled
- Following the advice and instructions of attending physicians
For more detailed guidance, consult with our team directly.
Turn to an Experienced Suwanee Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer for Skilled Legal Guidance
The accomplished Uber & Lyft accident attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law in Suwanee appreciate the many challenges associated with Uber & Lyft accidents and are committed to fiercely advocating for the legal rights – and rightful compensation – of you and all of our valued clients.
Our imposing legal team takes great pride in our impressive record of success with complex rideshare accident claims. For more information about what we can do to help, please don’t wait to reach out and contact or call us today.
Types Of Cases We Handle
Suwanee Personal Injury Lawyer
Suwanee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Suwanee Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Suwanee Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Suwanee Back and Neck Injury Lawyer
Suwanee Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Visit Our Uber & Lyft Accident Office in Lawrenceville, GA
We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near you. We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA