Woodstock, GA Truck Accident Lawyers
Helping the injured and their families throughout Cherokee County, Georgia
Injuries in Woodstock happen when you least expect it. Our nationally recognized Woodstock personal injury attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law: Alpharetta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer are here when you need us; and ready to provide you with the answers you need so you can stop worrying about your claim or case and instead focus on getting better.
We are the Woodstock Truck Accident Lawyers who fight for you!
There is no question that having an accident with a large commercial truck can disrupt your life. These vast vehicles dwarf your car or pickup when you’re driving down the road. Think of how much more they’ll loom over you in an accident – it can put you at a greater risk of injury than a typical car/car accident and can often result in serious injuries.
Being in an accident is scary enough. The accident aftermath can also be daunting. So we don’t want you to go through this alone.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in an accident with a commercial truck, we can help. You deserve the best results possible from those responsible, and we’re here with you every step of the way.
Why choose our Woodstock Truck Accident Lawyers?
At Spaulding Injury Law: Alpharetta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer, our attorneys have a depth of experience unparalleled in the Woodstock area. We’re available 24/7 and will meet with you personally to discuss your challenges and give you the best options for recovering what you deserve.
At the end of the day, we consider you family, and our goal is to help you heal, recover, and make the best decisions possible toward that goal.
When we first meet, we’ll:
- Look at your case and develop a legal strategy to your best benefit so you get the biggest possible settlement.
- Investigate who’s responsible, including the truck driver, the company owning the truck, who’s maintaining the vehicle, and so on.
- Put you in touch with our team of professionals – doctors, accident reconstruction specialists, and financial experts – to detail how your accident and the resulting injuries have impacted your life.
- Advocate for you with the insurance companies and in court.
And you never pay a fee until your case is won; we’re that confident in our ability to represent you to the fullest. Call Ted Spaulding to schedule a consultation or securely share your accident details using this form.
Who is responsible for your injuries after a truck accident in Woodstock?
In any accident with a commercial truck, many are responsible for your injuries. Discovering who’s trustworthy can be complicated if you don’t have decades of experience as our 18-wheeler lawyer in Woodstock do.
Because of the complicated regulations and operations surrounding commercial trucks, it can be time-consuming to find all the responsible parties. We have the experience necessary to see each entity involved and get you the best result. And we don’t want you to do this alone; we’re family.
Our team of experts will look at each party involved and ask the most important questions, like:
- On accident reconstruction, what did the truck driver do to avoid the accident?
- Who did the driver work for – the truck owner or a third party?
- Did the trucking company ensure proper truck maintenance?
- Did the mechanic miss a maintenance problem that might have resulted in the accident?
- Was the payload in the truck properly loaded?
- Were there other drivers involved?
Our experienced, trusted Woodstock truck accident injury lawyers will find every possible source of compensation for your injuries and build a solid strategy for you.
How do we calculate what you deserve from your Woodstock truck accident?
There are a lot of factors that go into figuring out what you’re due. At Spaulding Injury Law: Alpharetta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer, our Woodstock truck accident lawyers will evaluate your situation and explain what we can expect in understandable terms. Among the things we consider include:
- Lost wages
- If your injuries are severe, will you lose future earnings, and what would those be?
- What are your past, current, and anticipated future medical expenses from the accident?
- Can your vehicle be repaired, or must it be replaced?
- Damages resulting from negligence on the part of the driver of the truck that caused the accident
We also consider your emotional, psychological, and physical pain and suffering. These areas are often overlooked, but we know the emotional and psychological damage can be as bad as physical injuries. We look out for you in all aspects of your life to make sure you’re made as whole as possible.
What makes a truck accident case more complicated?
To put it in the simplest terms, the bigger and heavier the vehicle, the more damage it can cause. Unfortunately, the damage a tractor-trailer, 18-wheeler, semi, and other commercial vehicles can cause isn’t the only reason it’s complicated.
Drivers of commercial vehicles need a special license, so they have to undergo extensive training. Laws and regulations impact the hours a commercial vehicle/truck driver can work. They also must keep a log book documenting how many hours they drive on a daily basis.
A truck driver’s company is also subject to federal, state, and local laws governing tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, and other large commercial vehicles. The company must be licensed and indicate the cargo type the trucks contain.
In most cases, crashes involving commercial trucks involve more than one vehicle. That means more intense litigation and negotiations.
Who owns the truck also plays a part. Does the driver own the truck or is he/she leasing it? Does the driver work for a specific company or is he/she a freelancer? The answers to those questions help determine those responsible for the truck accident.
You want to have the best possible Woodstock truck accident lawyer by your side to deal with the complications and make it easy for you to understand. Our experienced, trusted truck accident lawyers will be by your side every step of the way so you feel comfortable with the results.
What if the Woodstock truck accident resulted in death?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), motor vehicle accidents resulted in 45,505 deaths in 2021, meaning 13.8% of deaths in Georgia involved a commercial vehicle, according to the National HIghway Transportation Safety Administration. The emotional pain can be extreme if you lost a relative or loved one in an accident, especially a commercial truck accident.
Our Woodstock Truck accident attorneys understand and are here to help. While nothing can bring your loved one back, a wrongful death claim would at least help with expenses and ease the pain a bit.
Under Georgia’s Wrongful Death Act (OCGA Section 51-4-2), family members and legal heirs are entitled to pursue a wrongful death case. The purpose of the claim is to punish those responsible for the death and compensate you for the loss of your loved one’s life and the financial and emotional effects of their death.
Who is eligible to bring a wrongful death case in a Woodstock Truck Accident?
According to the Wrongful Death Act, you can bring a claim if you are the:
- Surviving spouse
- If there is no surviving spouse, any children
- Parents of the deceased if there is no surviving spouse or children
- The estate of the deceased if there is no surviving spouse or children
The experts at Spaulding Injury Law: Alpharetta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer can help you decide whether you have grounds to bring a wrongful death case in Georgia. After all, you’re family, and we want the best for you.
Call us to schedule a consultation or complete this form if you have a wrongful death claim. The consultation is free and confidential.
What are the most common causes of Woodstock Truck Accidents?
Commercial truck accidents are mostly caused by the following, according to the NHTSA:
- Exhaustion. Driving a big rig is no easy task, so drivers aren’t allowed to drive for more than 11 hours, after which they must take a 10-hour break. That doesn’t always happen because of unrealistic expectations and delivery times.
- Distracted driving. Even car drivers can be distracted on longer-mileage drives. Have you ever found yourself multitasking while driving? Now, imagine driving for a dozen hours across boring landscapes in a semi, 18-wheeler, or tractor-trailer. It’s easy to get distracted and start texting or walking on the phone. The results can be devastating.
- Poor maintenance and equipment failures. Commercial trucks need a lot of maintenance because of the amount of time they’re on the road and the heavier loads they carry. If it’s not properly maintained, it can lead to a serious accident. For example, ensuring all the tires are in good condition before each trip is essential. Maintenance checks should be done daily, but it doesn’t always happen.
- Bad weather. Decreased visibility due to rain or snow makes it difficult for drivers of commercial vehicles to avoid hazards. Wet or snow-covered roads can be slippery, causing differences in braking distances. Strong winds can catch the semi and cause accidents.
Contact our Woodstock Truck Accident Lawyers for a free consultation
Remember – we’re on your side. We want the best for you and will help you every step of the way so you get what you deserve due to your Woodstock truck accident. We care about you – you’re family.
And you never pay a fee until your case is won; we’re that confident in our ability to represent you to the fullest. Simply call Spaulding Injury Law: Alpharetta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer to schedule a consultation or complete securely share the details of your accident details using this form.
Call us today to get your questions answered and learn more about our attorneys.
Our Truck Accident Office in Woodstock
Our Spaulding Injury Law: Alpharetta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer is located close to you, on Milton Ave near Brooke Street Park and The other Alpharetta cemetery, approximately 2 miles from Wellstar North Fulton Medical Center.
Alpharetta Office located at 132 Milton Ave, Alpharetta, GA 30009, United States.