Dawsonville Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents often lead to injuries and death for victims. Since they happen so often, it is difficult for insurance companies to take them seriously. They will usually handle every accident like a minor one. The reality is that you could be suffering lifelong injuries and challenges after a car accident. Your best chance of recovering compensation and going against the car insurance company is hiring a Dawsonville car accident lawyer from Spaulding Injury Law: Cumming personal injury lawyer. Our focus is to protect your best interests.
Causes of Dawsonville car accidents
Car accidents happen within seconds. There are several causes behind these situations, some common and others rare. Here are some of the common car accident cases our Dawsonville car accident lawyer sees:
- Distracted driving: these cases are the most frustrating because they are preventable. Even with this knowledge, it is one of the leading causes of car accidents. It is becoming a public health issue. Actions considered distracted driving include texting, eating and anything that takes a person’s focus from the road. These distractions can lead to slower reaction times and leaving the lane.
- Nighttime driving: driving in the dark increases risk factors for many drivers. It can be challenging to see, and you should use extra caution. Additional complications during nighttime driving are drowsiness and a higher possibility of drunk driving.
- Unfavorable weather: when the weather contributes to a collision, many drivers are unsure if they can receive compensation. After all, you cannot sue nature. However, you can sue a negligent driver who did not alter their driving for these conditions.
- Wrong-way driving can happen when a driver is unfamiliar with the area. They can be following an outdated map or GPS and ignore traffic signs. One of the worst and most common places these accidents happen is highways.
- Unsafe lane changes: when drivers change lanes, they should leave enough space to pass other vehicles. When they do not, they can cut someone off. This can cause an accident.
- Improper turns: this is more common than you could think, but they cause thousands of accidents annually. Improper turns happen when someone is in the incorrect lane near an intersection. Other common incidents are when a driver makes a left turn on red when it is not allowed or they turn without signaling.
A car accident can happen in numerous ways not listed here. They can leave victims with devastating losses and confusion. After a crash, speak to a Dawsonville car accident attorney. Spaulding Injury Law: Cumming personal injury lawyer is familiar with the various causes of accidents and how they may affect your case.
Injuries in car accidents
Injuries are common in all types of car accidents. Many Dawsonville accident victims will suffer minor cuts and bruises. However, others will have substantial injuries that require a lifetime of care. Some injuries show up immediately, while others take days to affect you. Some wounds you may experience after a motor vehicle accident in Dawsonville include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal injuries
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
Injury severity is another factor to consider after a car accident. What could be a minor injury for one person is life-altering for someone else. Everyone has a different body that reacts to injuries in different ways. If you have a preexisting condition, that can also impact your injury severity. The preexisting condition could be made much worse. Even if you have a preexisting condition, you can still pursue compensation. It complicates your case but does not prevent you from payment. Ensure you inform your Dawsonville car accident lawyer of your health and injuries before and after the accident.
Recovering compensation for a Dawsonville car accident
When you file a car accident claim, you seek monetary damages for your losses. The two primary damages you can recover are general and special. General damages cover subjective losses. They do not include personal property. They are based on your injuries and how they affect your life. Some examples include:
- Mental trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
Any losses that lower your quality of life will fall under the general damages category. Remember, these are usually intangible losses, so you should work with a Dawsonville car accident lawyer for help.
The other category of damages you can pursue is special damages. These damages cover medical bills and physical property. They are easier to assess because they have receipts and documentation. You should save your receipts and medical bills to evaluate these losses.
Steps you can take following a car accident
If you suffer injuries after a car accident in Dawsonville, you should seek medical care immediately. This is the most critical step you will take. It increases your chances of recovering physically and financially. When checked out at a hospital or by your primary care physician, this establishes documentation linking your injuries to your car accident. It also leads to a diagnosis and treatment plan you can implement immediately.
Medical records are essential to injury claims, but the insurance company will try to use those records against you. To avoid the blame game, do not speak to insurance adjusters. You may have to inform your insurance company about the accident. However, you have no obligation to talk to the other driver’s insurance company. They will try to get statements out of you regarding the accident so they can nitpick every word you say. They will then use your words to lower your claim. Another critical step is to contact a Dawsonville car accident lawyer.
Speak to a Dawsonville car accident attorney
When you have injuries or damages from a car accident in Dawsonville, you can file a personal injury lawsuit to pursue damages. Some victims believe they do not have recovery options because they were in a seemingly minor accident. However, no matter how small the accident may seem, you should still discuss your options with a Dawsonville car accident attorney. Spaulding Injury Law: Cumming personal injury lawyer will handle every aspect of your injury claim. Schedule an initial consultation with our attorney today.
Our Car Accident Office in Dawsonville
Spaulding Injury Law: Cumming Personal Injury Lawyer is located close to you, in Downtown Cumming near UFA Soccer Fields and Cumming Polo Golf & Country Club.
Cumming Personal Injury Lawyers located at 5860 Bond St, Cumming, GA 30040, United States.