Why Does Hiring an Experienced Atlanta Motorcycle Attorney Matter?
If you or someone you love is a motorcycle rider who is injured in an accident, it’s important to get legal help from a law firm who’s experienced in the type of accident you had.
This is important for some reasons. First, some nuances and details are common in motorcycle accidents and it’s important that your lawyer understands those details in a manner where they can maximize the value of your case.
Hiring our motorcycle accident lawyer based in Atlanta, who has represented numerous motorcycle accident victims, helps ensure those details are not overlooked and that every possible stone is unturned in gathering the facts around your accident.
This detailed and comprehensive approach that our lawyers take with motorcycle accidents gives you and your family a much stronger chance of a successful outcome versus a firm that is inexperienced in motorcycle accidents.
A second reason why hiring an experienced motorcycle accident attorney matters so much is that your lawyer’s reputation matters immensely when you’re preparing to go to trial. You can be certain as you take legal action, that the lawyers on the other side are doing their research on your lawyer and asking questions like; How experienced is this law firm in cases like this? Do they have a track record of success in motorcycle accident cases? Most importantly; Are they trial lawyers or are they looking to settle quickly (and possibly cheaply)?
The answers to these questions about the law firm and attorneys you hire will have a massive impact on the success of your case. In short, if the opposition sees you have hired a top motorcycle accident law firm like Spaulding Injury Law: Atlanta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer, it helps your case immensely.
Atlanta Bike Accident Lawyers Get Results
When it comes to your personal injury case, you want a legal team on your side that has a strong track record of success. Our skilled injury lawyers have what it takes to maximize our clients’ results – both during settlement negotiations and at trial. Some of our most recent favorable results include:
- A $950,000.00 for client in motorcycle accident personal injury case due to the negligence of a tractor-trailer driver in Fitzgerald, Georgia.
- A $900,000.00 settlement – Motorcycle vs tractor-trailer case in Savannah.
In addition to obtaining favorable results for our clients, our Spaulding Injury Law: Atlanta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer law firm is well-respected in the Atlanta region for our zealous advocacy on behalf of our clients. Not only do we have a good reputation for settling favorably, but we are also well known for obtaining favorable results at trial. The insurance companies know this and, as a result, are more likely to offer favorable compensation to our clients from the get-go.
Motorcycle Case Results
for client in motorcycle accident personal injury case due to the negligence of a tractor-trailer driver in Fitzgerald, Georgia. Client suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns from severe road rash when he laid his bike down to avoid a direct collision with the 18 wheeler that pulled out in front of him.
recovery in Savannah motorcycle versus tractor trailer case wherein the client was found at-fault by investigating police officers allegedly finding that he rode his motorcycle into oncoming traffic before going back into the fast lane and colliding with the tractor-trailer that had pulled out into the roadway from a side street at a stop sign. Our attorneys were able to do a full investigation of the wreck and speak to a witness that saw the wreck and confirmed our client’s story that he never left his lane of travel and the tractor-trailer pulled out right in front of him with no time to avoid the wreck. Our attorneys were able to then speak to the investigating officer and have him re-investigate the wreck including speaking to the witness which lead to the officer amending his report to find the tractor-trailer driver at fault.
recovery in a Milledgeville motorcycle wreck whereby a commercial vehicle turned in front of our client’s motorcycle causing our client to go over the handlebars into the windshield of the security vehicle injuring his shoulder. Client required two shoulder surgeries to recover from multiple tears.
obtained for Guyton motorcycle rider injured when a City of Springfield police officer pulled across three lanes of travel directly in front of client’s bike resulting in a moderate traumatic brain injury. We were forced to file suit in Effingham County before obtaining this resolution of the case at mediation.
recovery for our client in a motorcycle versus tractor trailer wreck where the truck driver changed lanes on I-285 suddenly and without warning into our client’s motorcycle in Atlanta causing the client to lose control of the motorcycle and suffer severe road rash injuries and a broken elbow.
recovery for Savannah client injured in motorcycle accident when DUI driver ran stop sign in Effingham County, striking client’s bike and nearly running biker over. We were able to obtain over $82,000 in left over property damage monies for our client to go toward his personal injury settlement despite the insurance company initially fighting that the property damage coverage could not be added to the personal injury claim.
total recovery in a motorcycle accident in East Dublin involving a DUI driver. At-fault driver turned left in front of the motorcycle causing a t-bone collision. At fault driver only had $25,000.00 of insurance coverage but the motorcycle accident lawyers were able to employ the proper strategy to obtain an additional $25,000.00 through the property damage coverage of the at-fault driver because he was drunk at the time of the motorcycle wreck. Client suffered multiple broken bones and had more in medical costs than there was in insurance coverage. Our motorcycle wreck attorneys were able to ensure that all of the client’s medical bills were paid and he still walked away with the majority of the settlement money.
policy limit settlement of a Garden City motorcycle accident case. The motorcycle wreck occurred in Chatham County on Highway 21 when the at-fault driver pulled out of a private drive in front of our client’s motorcycle attempting to turn left. Our client t-boned the vehicle and suffered a broken elbow as a result. Our motorcycle accident lawyers were able to get involved quickly not only resolving the case for the maximum amount of insurance coverage available but also to protect the client’s settlement from having to pay medical costs thus giving our biker client significant compensation for his pain and suffering damages.
recover for motorcyclist who suffered minor right leg bruising when a tractor-trailer attempted to make a right turn from the left turn lane only on Joesph E. Lowery Blvd. at its intersection with Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway. Client had minimal treatment for his injuries with only $5,000.00 in medical costs. Our motorcycle accident lawyers were able to obtain a settlement for 5x the client’s medical expenses.
We’re Experienced Atlanta Bike Lawyers
Injured victims of serious accidents are often unsure of what to do – or where to turn – for help. Our compassionate legal team at Spaulding Injury Law: Atlanta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer prides itself on building trustworthy, strong relationships with the individuals whom we represent. When you retain us to represent your legal interests following an accident, you can rest assured that our team will give your case the thoughtful, thorough, and result-oriented legal representation that it deserves. Some of the ways that we foster strong client relationships and assist our clients include:
- Personally meeting with clients to learn more about their accidents and everything that they endured afterward.
- Exploring legal options with clients and helping them decide on the best choice for their unique case – whether that be accepting a pending settlement offer from the insurance company, prosecuting the case in court, or pursuing some type of alternative dispute resolution – such as mediation or binding arbitration
- Handling the legal aspects of their personal injury case – such as obtaining medical records, investigation reports, and lost wage documentation – even when clients are still finishing up their medical treatment.
- Making ample time to answer clients’ questions throughout the claims-filing and litigation processes
- Regularly update our clients via phone and email so they know what’s going on during every stage of their personal injury case.
- Providing zealous legal representation at the settlement negotiating table and in the courtroom.
Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Attorney: What You Need to Know?
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident in Atlanta, you need to know that the laws and procedures surrounding these types of accidents can be complex and challenging to navigate. An experienced Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer can help you understand your rights and pursue compensation for your injuries and damages. In this article, we will discuss the importance of hiring a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer in Atlanta, the common causes of motorcycle accidents, and what steps to take after an accident.
If you have been injured in a crash, then you need a motorcycle accident lawyer with the experience, skill, resources, and proven results to fight for you and to protect you. Spaulding Injury Law:Atlanta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer specializes in accident and injury cases.
We have recovered very large verdicts and settlements in Georgia for our clients who have been injured in crashes by someone else’s negligence. This record of success and experience with motorcycle cases means our lawyers can settle cases often much faster and for significantly more money for the people we help than other lawyers and law firms. This is all done with a commitment to caring and communication and a reputation for the highest integrity within the legal profession.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident in Atlanta, there are several steps you should take to protect your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve:
- Seek medical attention: Your health and safety should be your top priority. Even if you do not think you are injured, it is important to get checked out by a doctor.
- Document the accident: Take photos of the accident scene, including the vehicles involved, any damage, and any injuries. Get contact information from witnesses.
- Contact an Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer: A lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights.
- Notify your insurance company: Let your insurance company know that you have been involved in an accident. However, be careful about what you say, as anything you say may be used against you later.
- Do not accept a settlement without consulting a lawyer: Insurance companies may offer you a settlement quickly, but it may not be enough to cover your damages. Consult with a lawyer before accepting any settlement offers.
When Should I Hire a Lawyer?
As a general rule, if at any time you do not feel comfortable handling your claim on your own, for any reason, you should consult with and hire a lawyer. Beyond that, there are no hard and fast rules. We have come up with a few of our own that we advise potential clients on to help them make a decision whether to hire us or not. Below are a few of those. If you were not injured in the accident and therefore only have a property damage claim, you likely do not need to hire a lawyer. This is because insurance companies typically do not play games with the value of the property damage.
If you were injured in the accident then it is more likely that you will want to hire an auto accident lawyer. As your claim increases in value, so does the chances that the insurance company is going to dig in and fight to minimize your claim as much as possible. So if you have bills over $10,000.00 or found out you have a major injury like a herniated disc or broken bone, it is probably time to hire a lawyer.
It’s beneficial to hire a lawyer that’s familiar with your local court systems. Knowing how the courts work, whether it’s directly in Atlanta or in Fulton County is always a benefit that is typically exclusive to lawyers.
Why You Need an Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident in Atlanta, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. However, obtaining this compensation can be difficult without the help of an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. A skilled lawyer can:
- Investigate the accident and gather evidence
- Determine liability and identify all parties responsible for the accident
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other parties to obtain a fair settlement
- Represent you in court if necessary
Without the help of a lawyer, you may be at a disadvantage when dealing with insurance companies and other parties involved in the accident.
How To Choose The Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Choosing the right attorney after a motorcycle accident is crucial to your case. The right attorney can mean the difference between a favorable settlement and getting nothing at all. When looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer, consider the following factors:
- Experience: Make sure the attorney has extensive experience in handling motorcycle accident cases. They should be familiar with the laws in your state, how to deal with insurance companies, and how to present your case in court if necessary.
- Reputation: Check the attorney’s reputation within the legal community. Do they have a track record of successful outcomes? Do they have positive reviews from past clients? Do they maintain high ethical standards?
- Personalized attention: Ensure the attorney will provide personalized attention to your case. They should be accessible, responsive, and take the time to explain the process to you. They should be dedicated to getting the best outcome for you and your situation.
- Resources: The attorney should have the resources necessary to take on your case. This includes access to expert witnesses, investigators, and other professionals that can help build your case.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can occur for many reasons, but some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are texting, talking on the phone, or engaging in other distractions may not see motorcyclists on the road.
- Speeding: Excessive speed is a common factor in many motorcycle accidents, as it reduces the time that drivers have to react to unexpected situations.
- Intoxication: Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol may be unable to operate their vehicles safely, leading to accidents.
- Lane splitting: Motorcyclists who attempt to ride between lanes of traffic may be at risk of colliding with other vehicles.
- Inexperienced riders: Novice riders may not have the skills or experience necessary to navigate traffic safely.
Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyers is located at 50 Hurt Plaza SE #1536, Atlanta, GA 30303, United.
What Are The Types of Damages in a Motorcycle Accident Case?
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may be eligible for several types of damages. These include:
- Medical expenses: This includes all costs related to medical care after the accident, such as emergency room visits, hospitalization, surgery, medication, physical therapy, and ongoing medical treatments.
- Lost wages: If you’re unable to work due to your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for lost income and earning potential.
- Pain and suffering: This refers to physical and emotional distress caused by the accident and the injuries sustained.
- Property damage: If your motorcycle or any other personal property was damaged in the accident, you can seek compensation for repairs or replacement.
- Wrongful death: If a loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident, surviving family members could seek compensation for funeral and burial costs, loss of consortium, and the deceased’s pain and suffering before their wrongful death.
- Punitive damages: In cases where the defendant’s conduct was particularly egregious or reckless, the court may award punitive damagesto punish the defendant and deter similar behavior in the future.
Common Myths About Motorcycle Accidents
There are several myths and misconceptions about motorcycle accidents that can interfere with your understanding of your rights and your ability to seek compensation. Here are a few common ones:
- Motorcyclists are always at fault: This is not true. Any driver on the road can be at fault for an accident, including car and truck drivers.
- Motorcyclists can’t get compensated if they weren’t wearing a helmet: While it’s crucial for safety reasons to wear a helmet, not wearing one doesn’t necessarily prevent you from seeking compensation. However, it may impact the amount you can recover if the defense can prove your injuries would have been less severe had you been wearing a helmet.
- Motorcycle accidents are minor: Motorcycle accidents can be just as serious, if not more so, than car accidents. Motorcyclists have less protection and are, therefore, more susceptible to serious injuries.
Charities We Support
At Spaulding Injury Law: Atlanta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer we are proud to be an active member of the communities we serve. We do this by sponsoring local organizations and events, volunteering with local charities, and participating in civic groups.
- The Down Biker Fund, Inc.
- Sidecar Adventures
- ABATE of Georgia, Inc.
- Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry
- United Football Academy
- Various school sports teams
- East Atlanta Kids Club
- The Miracle League
- Wishes For Me
Protecting Our Community of Atlanta Motorcycle Riders
Riding your motorcycle around the city on a beautiful day is one of the most enjoyable and visceral experiences you can have. Unfortunately however, with that freedom and enjoyment comes a high degree of vulnerability to reckless drivers.
The danger to the motorcycle riding community is on the rise throughout Georgia as well, as evidenced by the steady increase in fatalities across the state since 2017 when we had 139 motorcycle fatalities to 2020 when there were 179. This 29% increase in motorcycle fatalities over 4 years is alarming and shows that more steps need to be taken to protect riders in Atlanta and throughout the state.
This increase in deadly accidents is alarming to say the very least and shows that there is much work to be done in the area of motorcycle safety awareness for all drivers. It also shows a deep need for the Georgia riding community to have strong legal advocates fighting on their behalf.
Our Motorcycle accident lawyer from Atlanta is experienced and has a strong reputation with both riders and the insurance companies as a fierce advocate who will fight tooth and nail to get justice for accident victims.
At Spaulding Injury Law: Atlanta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer, we are champions for the safety of Atlanta’s motorcycle community. We have earned the reputation as a firm that will aggressively pursue legal action on behalf of riders who suffer serious injuries. That reputation helps our clients achieve the most compensation possible when they are victims in a motorcycle accident.
If you or your loved ones have been injured while riding a motorcycle in Atlanta or anywhere in Georgia, contact our bike lawyers at your convenience for a free consultation where we will gather the facts surrounding your accident and help give you an honest assessment of how strong of a case you have.
The Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Atlanta
Your Atlanta motorcycle accident attorney should take the stress of the legal process off your shoulders so that you can focus on physically recovering from your injuries. The insurance process can be more challenging than you might think, and this is the last thing you need in the wake of your accident and injuries.
A good Atlanta motorcycle accident attorney can help you immediately following the injury to begin the claim process and to ensure that the insurance company pays you what you deserve.
How a Motorcycle Lawyer Can Help?
- Investigate the cause of your accident.
- Identify all liable parties (there might be more than one)
- Gather evidence needed to support your claim
- File claims with all necessary insurance companies
- Handle all insurance negotiations and communications
- Advise you when a personal injury lawsuit might be needed for fair compensation
As an injury victim, it can be difficult to know where to turn or who is on your side. Your Atlanta motorcycle accident attorney can advise you on what the best options are in your case and help you through every step of the process.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Atlanta, you need the help of an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. A skilled lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal process, protect your rights, and obtain the compensation you deserve. Remember to take steps to protect yourself after an accident, including seeking medical attention, documenting the accident, and contacting a lawyer.
Understanding Motorcycle Insurance Policies
Understanding your motorcycle insurance policy is crucial in the event of an accident. Here are a few key aspects you should be familiar with:
- Liability coverage: This pays for the other party’s medical expenses and property damage if you’re at fault in an accident. It’s legally required in most states.
- Collision coverage: This pays for damage to your motorcycle if you’re involved in an accident, regardless of who’s at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers damages to your motorcycle not caused by a collision, such as theft, fire, or vandalism.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage: This protects you if you’re hit by a driver who doesn’t have insurance or whose insurance isn’t sufficient to cover your damages.
- Medical payments coverage: This covers your medical bills if you’re injured in an accident, regardless of who’s at fault.
Let Us Provide You With The Aggressive Representation You Need
Our personal injury attorneys have over 25 years of experience helping clients in the Atlanta area recover damages after tragic accidents. We assist with many practice areas, including traffic collisions, product liability, and wrongful death. We are committed to fighting tirelessly to help our clients recover the maximum amount of compensation.
Schedule a free consultation with the team at Spaulding Injury Law: Atlanta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer today by calling or filling out the contact form on our website. You will not have to pay any attorneys’ fees until we have been able to recover compensation on your behalf. We also have a Facebook group where we share safety tips and other helpful information for motorcyclists. To join the Official Georgia Bikers Unite Facebook Group, click here.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Atlanta Near You
We strive to be the best motorcycle accident lawyers in Atlanta. That means treating every person we help with dignity, respect, compassion, and caring. It means working hard and getting the best possible results for our clients.
Being conveniently located near you is part of our struggle to be your best option. We are intimately familiar with the state regulations, have worked with local police departments requesting documents, and know the local court rules and procedures.
Visit our office in Atlanta near your location or contact us for a free consultation. We are here to help.
Our Motorcycle Accident Office in Atlanta
Spaulding Injury Law: Atlanta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer is located close to you, in Downtown Atlanta near Woodruff Park and Hurt Park, approximately 9 miles from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL).
Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyers Merge onto I-85 N from the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and take Exit 246 toward downtown. Merge onto Central Avenue SW and continue onto Peachtree Center Avenue SE. Turn left onto Edgewood Avenue, and our office will be on the left.