Atlanta Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
In recent years, rideshare services including Uber, Lyft, and others, have become extremely popular in Atlanta, across Georgia, and throughout the United States. However, with the rise in popularity of these services, the possibility for accidents involving Uber and Lyft drivers has also increased.
If you were injured in a rideshare accident in the greater Atlanta area, your case might seem clear as to who was at fault. However, you may be met with stiff opposition from the giant technology corporations, like Uber and Lyft, as they are determined to deny or minimize any responsibility for your injuries.
If you have been injured in an accident while riding in an Uber or Lyft or have been hit by a rideshare driver, it is very important that you contact an experienced Atlanta Uber & Lyft accident attorney as soon as possible. These accidents can be quite different from traditional car accidents in regard to liability and insurance coverage, and they can be very complex.
It’s critical that you consult with an Atlanta rideshare accident attorney about your case before speaking with Uber, Lyft, or an insurance adjuster. With experienced legal representation, you will have more leverage in settlement negotiations with Uber or Lyft, allowing you to seek the compensation you deserve rather than accepting a lowball settlement offer.
Spaulding Injury Law has extensive experience handling complex accident cases in the Atlanta area. Our dedicated and compassionate Atlanta rideshare accident lawyers know how to help you pursue the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Call us now to schedule a free and confidential consultation so we can discuss your legal options.
Who Is Responsible for a Rideshare Accident?
In an accident involving an Uber or Lyft driver, the insurance claims process can be very complicated. Uber and Lyft both offer insurance policies that cover their drivers while they are working. However, proving liability can be more challenging than it seems.
Having a qualified Uber and Lyft accident attorney on your accident case from the start can help ensure your claim is handled properly and efficiently. The legal team at Spaulding Injury Law can thoroughly investigate the crash, identify who is liable for your accident, and collect all the relevant evidence to build a strong case for maximum compensation.
- When the driver is on duty with a passenger – As a passenger in a rideshare accident, you typically do not need much evidence to prove you were an innocent victim. The greatest challenge for passengers is to prove the severity of their injuries. A skilled and knowledgeable Atlanta rideshare accident lawyer can help you establish the full extent of your injuries and get the maximum compensation you deserve. Car insurance for Uber and Lyft drivers exists to help with covering the injuries of passengers. Uber and Lyft also provide uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in case the liable drivers do not have their own insurance. That said, Uber and Lyft should not be seen as an ally. These companies will do anything they can to minimize the money they have to pay out, and they will do their best to place blame on another party.
- When the driver is on duty and on the way to pick up a passenger – Georgia and other states passed legislation requiring rideshare companies Uber and Lyft to cover their drivers who accept a fare but have not yet picked up their passengers. At Spaulding Injury Law, we will investigate the facts of your accident to see if the driver was “on the clock” or driving for personal use. Either way, we’ll be able to handle your case.
- When the driver is on duty and waiting on a fare – If a driver is active on the Uber or Lyft app and waiting to accept a fare, their policy will cover up to $100,000 in damages. When the driver accepts a request from a customer, that coverage is upped to $1 million. This coverage includes the time the driver spends traveling to the location to pick up the passenger and continues until the passenger is dropped off at their destination. These high limits are good if you were seriously injured in an accident caused by an Uber or Lyft driver, but not so good if you are an Uber or Lyft driver.
- When the driver is not on duty or logged into the app – When an Uber or Lyft driver is not logged on the app and driving “off the clock,” they will have to use their personal car insurance to cover them in the event of an accident. Liability insurance will pay for the damage to the vehicle they damage, up to the limits of their policy, as well as offering some coverage to help with the victim’s medical bills and lost wages because of an accident. Comprehensive insurance or collision insurance will provide coverage for Uber or Lyft driver’s vehicle along with the vehicle and driver they collide with.
- When another driver hits your Uber or Lyft – If another driver hits your Uber or Lyft, that driver’s liability insurance should cover your damages. The attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law will help you pursue a claim with their insurance company. If the at-fault party does not have coverage, Uber and Lyft both offer $1 million in uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. This could pay your medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses if the liable driver does not have insurance or not enough insurance.
With rideshare accidents, it’s likely that your Atlanta personal injury attorney will be able to settle your claim. In general, it’s in the best interests of all parties involved to settle because trials are costly and time-consuming. However, if negotiations break down and taking your case to trial is necessary to get you full and fair compensation, the skilled trial lawyers at Spaulding Injury Law will not hesitate to do so.
The Uber and Lyft accident lawyers at Spaulding Injury Law have 25 years of combined experience in negotiating with insurance companies. They will fight tirelessly to seek the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Compensation for an Uber or Lyft Accident
The best way to pursue the maximum compensation you are entitled to following an Uber or Lyft accident is with the help of a dedicated Atlanta personal injury attorney. Depending on the damages you have suffered, you may seek financial awards covering:
- Medical expenses (past, present, and future)
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Disability and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
How Long Do You Have to File a Claim?
In Georgia, you only have two years from the date of your rideshare accident to file a personal injury compensation claim. For property damage lawsuits, the time period is four years. If you attempt to file suit after the statute of limitations has expired, your claim will most likely be denied, no matter how severe your injuries were. Therefore, it is critical to act within the statute of limitations.
If you’ve been injured in a rideshare accident, it’s in your best interest to schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney as soon as possible. In addition to collecting evidence to establish liability, a lawyer can ensure your claim is filed on time.
Not only do you have to act within the two-year period, but the evidence that could help prove your case could get damaged or lost if you wait too long. The sooner an experienced attorney starts gathering and evaluating the evidence in your rideshare accident case, the better your chances of getting maximum compensation.
Get In Touch With Us.
CALL FOR A FREE CONSULTATIONSchedule your free consultation
How an Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer Can Help
An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer can give you the best chance of winning your case. A rideshare accident attorney has the legal training and education to serve as your personal advocate and adviser. A lawyer can handle all the research, witness interviews, and other details related to preparation for negotiations or a trial. When you let an attorney do all the legal heavy lifting, it allows you to focus on what’s most important: your health and recovery.
When you contact Spaulding Injury Law, a highly skilled and compassionate attorney will sit down with you to discuss your accident and injuries. This free initial consultation is an opportunity to explain your situation in full. We can then offer insight concerning your legal options.
An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer protects your rights as they offer insight into your case’s strengths and weaknesses, so that the powerful rideshare companies do not take advantage of you. Your attorney even works on your behalf to negotiate the settlement, file court forms, and collect your compensation money.
Unless you retain the legal services of an Atlanta Uber and Lyft accident lawyer like those at Spaulding Injury Law, you will find yourself at the mercy of a powerful and sophisticated multi-billion dollar insurance company that cares more about its profits than your recovery. These insurance companies are notorious for delaying payments, offering lowball settlements, and trying to say that their offer is the best you can get in your situation.
Many people who are involved in a rideshare accident are eager to take the quick settlement so they can put the incident behind them. However, if an insurance company knows that you have retained an attorney, they will look at these cases very differently. That is one of the key reasons to hire the aggressive personal injury lawyers at Spaulding Injury Law after an accident involving ride-sharing companies like Uber and Lyft.
Make sure you consult with our Atlanta Uber and Lyft accident attorneys before speaking to any insurance adjusters. At Spaulding Injury Law, we are not afraid to fight the giant rideshare companies as we represent your best interests.
Talk to an Atlanta Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyer Now
If you have been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident in Atlanta and are unsure how to move forward, allow the skilled and compassionate rideshare accident lawyers at Spaulding Injury Law to help. Call today at Spaulding Injury Law to schedule a free and confidential consultation. We can give you an idea of the types of compensation you may be able to recover.
Our Atlanta personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means you will pay no attorney’s fees upfront, and we don’t get paid until you receive a financial award for your injuries.
Call us today to set up a free initial consultation.