Hapeville Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injury claims address the injuries people sustain in accidents that are caused by the negligence of others. The losses – or legal damages – associated with these personal injury claims are often considerable, and obtaining the compensation to which you are entitled can play a critical role in your ability to fully recover.
If you find yourself in the difficult position of having been injured by someone else’s negligence, reach out for the skilled legal guidance of an experienced Hapeville personal injury attorney today. The legal team of Spaulding Injury Law helps injured clients in the Hapeville area and throughout Georgia, and we can assess your legal rights at no cost to you. Reach out today to learn more about our services.
Your Personal Injury Claim
Every personal injury claim is resolved in accordance with the unique circumstances involved, but most such claims fall into categories such as the following:
- Traffic accidents of all kinds, including car, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, and Uber and Lyft accidents
- Traffic accidents caused by drunk drivers
- Boating accidents
- MARTA accidents
- Slip and fall accidents, dog bites, and other kinds of premises liability claims
- Product liability claims caused by faultily designed or manufactured consumer goods or by consumer goods that lack adequate instructions or warnings
- Accidents that lead to catastrophic injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) or spinal cord injuries
Finally, fatal accidents that are based on the at-fault party’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional act can initiate wrongful death claims, which are very similar to personal injury claims.
Your Physical, Financial, and Emotional Losses
The crux of your personal injury claim is identifying the physical, financial, and emotional losses you experience as a result of someone else’s negligence and seeking compensation that fairly addresses these losses – or legal damages.
If you’ve been physically injured, you’re going to have medical needs, which generate considerable medical expenses. The more serious your injuries, the more costly and the more likely they are to require ongoing healthcare needs. Common medical expenses include:
- Emergency care
- Surgical care
- Hospital care
- Ongoing care
- Medical treatments, tests, and procedures
- Pain management
- Prescription medications
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Home health care
Physical injuries often translate to time off the job and resulting lost earnings. This immediate financial setback – especially in the face of mounting medical costs – is difficult enough, but if your career or earning potential also takes a hit, the financial loss will be that much steeper.
Pain and Suffering
The emotional and physical pain you endure in response to being injured by someone else’s negligence can be especially challenging – and can make tackling your personal injury claim head-on seem overwhelming.
A critical task that your dedicated personal injury attorney will take on is identifying every facet of loss you’ve experienced and ensuring that it’s well represented in your well-developed claim.
Establishing the Necessary Elements of Your Claim
In order to successfully recover on the losses you experience as a result of someone else’s negligence, you’ll need to bring your strongest claim, which involves establishing each of the following elements:
- The other party owed you what is known as a duty of care, which means that they had some level of responsibility for your safety. For example, when we drive, we have a duty to act reasonably to uphold the safety of others on the road.
- The other party breached this duty of care – the way that drunk drivers do.
- This breach of the other party caused the accident that left you injured. For example, if that drunk driver failed to stop at a stop sign and rear-ended your vehicle in the process.
- You suffered legal damages like those outlined above in the resulting accident.
The Insurance Company Handling Your Claim
If you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence, you will very likely file your claim with the at-fault party’s insurance provider. For example, if you’re injured by a speeding motorist, you’ll file your claim with that driver’s car insurance company. While the insurance company is paid to cover losses like yours, it is also focused on high profit margins, which means it has tactics in place to help it keep settlements like yours as low as possible. Examples of such tactics include:
- Denying a claim early on – before its merits have even been carefully considered
- Making early, lowball settlement offers – before claimants recognize the extent of their total losses
- Making the settlement process as lengthy and complicated as possible
- Questioning the extent of claimants’ losses
- Questioning where fault lies in specific claims
- Coaxing claimants into making statements that go on to diminish their own claims
The insurance company is best left in the capable hands of your focused personal injury attorney.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Working closely with a seasoned personal injury attorney can help in all of the following critical ways:
- Your attorney will communicate with the insurance representative on your behalf to help ensure they can’t coach a statement out of you that goes on to harm your claim.
- Your attorney will build your strongest claim by gathering and skillfully compiling all the available evidence, including eyewitness testimony.
- Your attorney will hire the accident recreation models and expert testimony necessary to succinctly support the credibility of your claim.
- Your attorney will knowledgeably negotiate with the insurance company for a claim resolution that upholds your rights and best interests.
- Your attorney will be well prepared to take your claim to court if the insurance company will not engage in the kind of fair negotiations that are necessary for you to obtain just compensation.
Turn to an Experienced Hapeville Personal Injury Attorney for the Help You’re Looking For
Being injured by someone else’s negligence is an especially jarring experience that can leave you facing overwhelming losses. The compassionate Hapeville personal injury attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law recognize the challenges you face and have the experience and drive to help. Learn more about what we can do for you and your claim by reaching out and contacting us online or calling us today.
Our Personal Injury Office in Atlanta
Spaulding Injury Law: Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyers is located close to you, in Downtown Atlanta near Woodruff Park and Hurt Park, approximately 9 miles from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL).
Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyers Merge onto I-85 N from the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and take Exit 246 toward downtown. Merge onto Central Avenue SW and continue onto Peachtree Center Avenue SE. Turn left onto Edgewood Avenue, and our office will be on the left.