Embraced And Celebrated By Gwinnett’s Local Community
Were you injured in Lawrenceville, GA or its surroundings? Our lawyers can help you recover from your losses. We have decades of combined experience handling local personal injury cases.
Having a local personal injury lawyer with experience with and knowledge of the actual value of your case is vital to ensuring you receive the most compensation possible for your injuries.
Our award-winning personal injury lawyers know the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine
Why Choose Us?
- Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine.
- Founder and lead trial attorney, Theodore Spaulding, and the entire team at Spaulding Injury law provide the utmost in customer service to and relentless effort for each of their clients which is why Mr. Spaulding and his team are considered among the best lawyers in Gwinnett County.
- As one of the top law firms in the area, we provide honest and aggressive legal representation and work to get you the maximum amount of compensation.
- Our award-winning law firm does not charge you for our legal services unless you are awarded compensation.
- A Lawrenceville GA personal injury attorney from our team reviews your case during a free consultation and then provides you with sound legal advice
We believe having a personal injury lawyer from Lawrenceville that has experience with and knowledge of the actual value of your case is vital to ensuring you receive the most compensation possible for your injuries.
How our Personal Injury Lawyers in Gwinnett County Can Help?
At Spaulding Injury Law, our injury trial lawyers have a tremendous amount of experience pursuing cases in Gwinnett County and presenting those cases to Gwinnett County jurors. This allows us to keep a constant beat on how the makeup of Gwinnett County jurors from one year to the next may be affecting the value of personal injury cases in Lawrenceville and throughout Gwinnett County.
Spaulding Injury Law personal injury attorneys can help by:
- Conducting in-depth investigations liability for your accident.
- Collecting probatory evidence.
- Seeking witnesses and gather statements and evidence for the case.
- Talking with the insurance companies.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to secure fair settlements.
- Representing you at trial if needed (when a fair settlement cannot be reached)
Today, Gwinnett County has become one of the top five counties to pursue a case because jurors’ beliefs about the value of these claims have changed drastically. In the past five years alone we have experienced multiple seven-figure jury verdicts that a decade ago would have been unheard of in the county.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
If you or a loved one has been injured because of the negligent acts of another person in Lawrenceville, GA, it’s imperative that you seek legal representation as soon as possible. Some of our many practice areas include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip & Falls
- Back & Neck Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- MARTA Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Product Liability
- Boat Accidents
- Inadequate Security
We Get Results
When it comes to your personal injury case, you want a legal team on your side who has a strong track record of success. Our skilled lawyers have what it takes to maximize our clients’ results – both during settlement negotiations and at trial. Some of our most recent favorable results include:
- A $1.5 million federal court jury award – following a three-week jury trial – stemming from a medical device dispute
- A $1.1 million wrongful death compensation – obtained from life insurance policies for a husband who accidentally shot his wife while target shooting in their backyard before trial
- A $1,000,000.00 settlement in a tractor-trailer collision that resulted in severe injuries and extensive medical treatment
- A $1.1 million settlement – we were able to obtain all insurance policy limits available to a client who suffered severe injuries when a commercial truck turned in front of his motorcycle causing him to fly over the hood of the truck.
- A $1.2 million recovered – from a head-on collision which killed our client’s husband and severely injured the wife.
- A $1.4 million compensation obtained – for the family of a deceased worker killed in a forklift accident at work before trial.
- A $1.5 million settlement – before suit was filed for adult children of a man killed in a head-on wreck in North Georgia.
- A $750,000.00 settlement – following mediation – where our clients suffered back injuries following a rear-end impact from a tractor-trailer in rush hour traffic
- A $665,000.00 settlement following our clients’ exposure to toxic black mold in their home
- A $650,000.00 settlement from a rear-end collision involving a distracted teenage driver who testified he looked down to change radio stations failing to realize our client’s vehicle had been stopped in the roadway in front of him.
- A $425,000.00 result obtained for our client who was a passenger in a vehicle driven by a friend who had been drinking heavily at a restaurant
How Much Will a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
If you have been injured by another person’s negligence, medical bills may begin to pile up as you recover, so the last thing that you should have to worry about is paying for an attorney. Luckily, the law allows injury firms like ours to work on a contingency fee basis.
What are Contingency Fees?
This means our Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyer can be protecting your rights immediately with nothing coming out of your pocket. You do not pay us an hourly rate and are not billed monthly.
Instead, you pay nothing upfront and while we pursue the claim or case. We receive our attorney’s fees and are paid back for any expenses we front to pursue your injury case out of any settlement or verdict we obtain for you. If you want to learn more, read our article about the contingency fee process.
Personal Injury Attorneys Fees
Attorney’s fees are a percentage of what is recovered so the better you do, the better we do.
If in an unusual situation you recover nothing for your damages, you owe nothing to your lawyer for his or her time and effort pursuing the case. Keep in mind, depending on the firm, you may still be responsible for paying back any expenses paid by the firm in pursuing your case. These expenses are such things as filing fees; fees to obtain your medical records and fees paid to experts to testify on your behalf.
Type of Damages You Can Be Compensated For
There are several categories of damages you may be able to pursue after you are injured due to the negligence of another. Whether you are injured in a car accident, slip and fall incident, because of a defective product or due to improper security at a commercial establishment, most of these items of damage are universal.
Here is a quick list of the typical categories of damages you can pursue in a personal injury claim or case:
- Medical Treatment: Costs of past, present, and future treatment of your injuries
- Lost Wages: Any lost wages even if you used sick or vacation time
- Pain & Suffering: Pain and suffering you have gone through as a result of your injuries to include the negative changes in your daily life caused by the effects of your injuries.
How Can You Protect Your Rights after an Accidental Injury?
If you suspect that someone else was to blame for your injuries, it is important to protect your rights in any way possible. The days and weeks following an injury can be chaotic, and you should stay focused on your physical recovery. However, keep in mind there are other things you can do – and not do – to protect yourself and your ability to recover compensation for your losses. If you have questions about what to do in your specific situation, reach out to a Lawrenceville GA personal injury attorney for a free discussion.
1. Follow your medical treatment plan.
If your doctors have a schedule of treatment they want you to follow, you should always follow it as closely as possible. Some treatment involves:
- Appointments with specialists
- Follow-ups with doctors
- Surgical procedures
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy
Some people let busy lives or concerns about cost get in the way of completing treatment, but this can go against your financial recovery. The insurance company will assume that if you missed appointments or did not complete treatment, your injuries must not be as severe as you claim.
2. Be careful what you say to insurance companies.
At some point in the days following an injury, you will likely receive a call from an insurance company representing the negligent party. While you’ll need to give them your basic identifying information, be very careful what you say to an adjuster beyond that. Sometimes, an adjuster will simply ask how you are doing, and you might respond “I’m fine” out of politeness and habit. However, the adjuster can twist this to mean that you aren’t feeling any effects of your injuries.
If you give them a statement about how the accident and injury occurred, that description is set in stone once it is recorded. Everyone makes mistakes and mixes up details sometimes, but doing so when talking to an insurance adjuster can jeopardize your entire claim.
3. Stay off social media as much as possible.
Insurance companies thoroughly investigate claims to try to find any reason to reduce or even deny your settlement, and this can include checking up on your social media accounts. Even if you have strict privacy settings, there is still a chance that investigators might access some information that could call your claim into question. For example:
- Check-ins to restaurants or events when you state you’re in too much pain to do anything
- Photos that they use to claim you are back to your usual life
- Posts or comments about the accident that might differ – even slightly – from your claims regarding what happened or your injuries
It is wise to stay off social media whenever you can if you have a pending claim.
4. Call for a free case evaluation with a Lawrenceville GA personal injury attorney.
The sooner you get in touch with a Lawrenceville GA personal injury attorney, the sooner you will have someone else advocating for and protecting your rights. You won’t have to wonder if you are doing the right thing, as you will have guidance through every step of the insurance claim or legal process.
A lawyer can handle all communications with the insurance company, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally saying the wrong thing. Even if you are unsure whether you have a valid claim, never hesitate to speak with a legal professional who handles cases involving your type of accident and injuries.
When is it Time to Call an Attorney?
You have likely heard that it is a good idea to call an injury attorney, but when is it the right time to do so? Following an unexpected injury, you have a lot going on, and you might not be able to work or care for your children as you used to, which can be stressful. Add this to the pile of bills you have mounting, and the last thing you might want to do is add more stress by starting the injury claim process.
However, always keep in mind that a Lawrenceville GA personal injury attorney will relieve stress from your life, not add to it. There are many reasons to contact an attorney as soon as you can:
- To stop wondering whether you are entitled to compensation
- To focus on your physical recovery and let a lawyer focus on your insurance claim
- There are time limits on when you can file a lawsuit if needed
- Evidence can disappear or become weaker over time
In short, the time to call a Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyer is as soon as you can.
Why Should You Hire An Injury Law Firm?
People who have been injured in car crashes or other types of accidents may wonder why it’s necessary to work with an attorney. There is no law that requires you to work with an attorney if you intend on filing a personal injury claim, but you would be making a big mistake if you chose not to hire an attorney.
An attorney will be able to help you with every aspect of your legal case. As soon as you get in touch with an attorney, he can begin investigating your case to gather evidence that is needed to prove liability.
Then, he can begin negotiating with the insurance company to fight for the compensation that you deserve. If you choose to handle the negotiations without a lawyer, you may end up accepting a settlement that is much lower than you deserve. In fact, this is fairly common because insurance adjusters know how to pressure you into quickly making a decision before you even know the extent of your injuries.
Most insurance companies will settle in pretrial negotiations, but if they refuse to offer you a fair settlement, you will need to take your case to trial. In the event that your case goes to trial, it is imperative that you have an aggressive attorney by your side that knows how to present a compelling case to the jury.
Many clients wonder when to call or when to hire a personal injury lawyer after they have been injured. The answer to this is simple—as soon as possible. Ideally, clients should get in touch with a personal injury attorney before they have talked to the at-fault party’s insurance company or anyone else regarding the case. Hiring an attorney allows you to focus solely on your recovery while your attorney handles the rest.
How Can You Find An Experienced Team Of Lawyers?
There are countless personal injury lawyers in Lawrenceville, but where can you find them? It’s recommended that you talk to your friends and family members first to see if they know of an attorney that you can trust.
Be sure to specify that you need a personal injury lawyer so they don’t refer you to other legal professionals. If your loved ones don’t have the names of any attorneys, then you can always reach out to your local bar association to ask for their recommendations.
Finally, you can use the internet to locate attorneys that can represent you. Many clients use an online directory such as Avvo that lets you search for attorneys using your location. Avvo and other online directories are incredibly easy to use, so even if you’re not internet-savvy, you shouldn’t have any trouble navigating through this website.
What Questions Should You Ask?
Use the resources mentioned above to create a list of personal injury attorneys in your city, then begin to schedule consultations with each of them so you have the opportunity to ask them questions. Most attorneys do not charge for initial consultations, so you shouldn’t have to pay to meet with them.
Before the meeting, prepare a list of questions that you would like each attorney to answer. What questions should you ask? You will need to learn about their experience representing clients in cases that are similar to yours.
For example, if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, but the attorney specializes in medical malpractice, this is not a good fit. Ask each attorney about the average amount of compensation he is able to recover for his clients and whether he typically has to go to court in order to recover it.
If the attorney is not comfortable taking your case to trial, then you may want to cross his name off of the list. Although most cases are settled out of the courtroom, you should still work with an attorney who has experience presenting his clients’ cases to a jury.
Know what to look for before going to these consultations. You will need an attorney who believes there is potential to recover compensation in your case, has a lot of experience, and has a track record of success.
You will also need to find someone that you think you will have a good working relationship with. As a client, it is important that you feel comfortable. If you do not feel like you will get along well with an attorney, move on to the next one.
Contact Spaulding Personal Injury Lawyers Today
The attorneys in our office have over 25 years of experience providing legal solutions to clients, so they can handle any case regardless of its complexity. We will fight tirelessly to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation. See what our clients say about working with us by reading Spaulding Injury Law’s Google reviews.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County for five years running by Gwinnett Magazine.
Let the experienced personal injury attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law review your case during a free consultation so you can learn more about your legal options. To schedule your free case evaluation, please call us or fill out the contact form on our website.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
If you have suffered an accident and think you need a personal injury lawyer, attorneys near your location are your best option. First, they are very familiar with the state regulations and must have worked with the local police departments requesting, as well as know the local court rules and procedures in the event your personal injury case requires a lawsuit.
Second is, that they are very familiar with the type of injuries and causes in Lawrenceville, which can make the process a lot easier by quickly identifying liability for your injuries and losses.
Our Personal Injury Office in Lawrenceville, GA
We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near you. We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA