Embraced And Celebrated By Gwinnett’s Local Community
Were you injured in Lawrenceville, GA or its surroundings? Our lawyers can help you recover from your losses. We have decades of combined experience handling local personal injury cases.
Having a local personal injury lawyer with experience with and knowledge of the actual value of your case is vital to ensuring you receive the most compensation possible for your injuries.
Our award-winning personal injury lawyers know the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine
Personal Injury Attorney in Braselton, GA
Our competent and compassionate personal injury lawyers here at Spaulding Injury Law have all the resources and experience to handle your personal injury claim from beginning to end.
This would give you all the time you need to just focus your energy on recovering and increase your chances of obtaining maximum compensation under Georgia law.
Why Choose Us?
- Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine.
- Founder and lead trial attorney, Theodore Spaulding, and the entire team at Spaulding Injury law provide the utmost in customer service to and relentless effort for each of their clients which is why Mr. Spaulding and his team are considered among the best lawyers in Gwinnett County.
- As one of the top law firms in the area, we provide honest and aggressive legal representation and work to get you the maximum amount of compensation.
- Our award-winning law firm does not charge you for our legal services unless you are awarded compensation.
- A Gwinnett County personal injury attorney from our team reviews your case during a free consultation and then provides you with sound legal advice.
How our Personal Injury Lawyers in Gwinnett County Can Help?
Were you injured in an accident not of your own doing but of another person’s negligent acts? Following a serious accident that hurt you or a family member, you will require ample time to focus on your recovery and getting back on your feet. Admittedly, this could be a daunting task when you’re also dealing with the physical and financial challenges brought on by your injuries.
Fortunately, you don’t need to pursue compensation and justice on your own. We can help by:
- Conducting in-depth investigations liability for your accident.
- Collecting probatory evidence.
- Seeking witnesses and gather statements and evidence for the case.
- Talking with the insurance companies.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to secure fair settlements.
- Representing you at trial if needed (when a fair settlement cannot be reached)
Do I Have a Valid Personal Injury Claim?
You may have a valid personal injury claim if you have suffered personal injuries because another person or entity harmed you intentionally, was negligent, or is strictly liable for the accident and your injuries. Regardless of your reason for filing a claim, you will still need to prove that:
- Someone else owed you a legal obligation or duty to act in a particular manner, such as driving safely, complying with workplace safety regulations, or ensuring that a product is safe for public use;
- The entity or person failed to do their duty; and
- As a result, you were injured and suffered quantifiable losses and damages.
Ultimately, however, the best way to know if you have a valid claim is by discussing your specific case with a skilled Braselton personal injury lawyer. Your lawyer will listen to the facts of your case, figure out if you have grounds for filing a claim, and inform you of all the options available to you.
Will I Be Able to Recover Damages in Personal Injury Case?
Broadly speaking, Georgia law enables injured accident victims to recover the following damages:
These are paid for recompensing injured victims for all financial costs related to the accident. In most cases, these include medical bills, property damage, lost income, and rehabilitation. Economic damages are for ensuring that injured victims are “made whole” again or back in the state they were in prior to getting injured.
While not all injuries can be easily assigned a dollar value, this does not necessarily mean that they are not devastating. It just means that such injuries are hard to calculate because they affect a person’s mind, psyche, and/or emotions. These non-economic damages typically include pain and suffering, chronic pain, mental anguish, sleep disorders, scarring and disfigurement, loss of companionship, loss of life enjoyment, and psychological distress or disorders like PTSD, anxiety, and depression, among others. Working with a Braselton personal injury lawyer will help ensure that all your non-economic damages will be accurately determined and calculated.
These damages are awarded for penalizing offenders who have caused injured victims significant harm. Although they are not commonly awarded in personal injury claims, they could be awarded if the at-fault party’s negligence was particularly shocking and flagrant and showed intentional malice, misconduct, oppression, or fraud.
Who Could Be Held Responsible in Personal Injury Cases?
Any person or entity that indirectly or directly caused or contributed to the accident and your injuries could be held legally liable for your personal injury. Depending on the particular claim you are planning on filing, potentially liable parties might include property owners, motorists, business owners, employers, doctors, hospitals, other health care professionals, product manufacturers, and government agencies, among others.
The problem is that accidents are often more complicated than you think, mostly due to the fact that various things could contribute to a slip and fall or car crash, for instance. In such cases, multiple parties are typically liable for the accident and must pay for the resulting injuries and losses. This is why legal guidance from a lawyer is vital.
At Spaulding Injury Law, our top Braselton personal injury lawyers will thoroughly investigate your case to figure out what caused the accident and who could be held accountable for it. This ensures that anyone who had a hand in your accident will be held legally and financially responsible for the compensation you deserve.
What is The Value of My Personal Injury Claim?
Put simply, the value of your claim would depend on the facts specific to your personal injury case. Normally, factors that lawyers utilize for valuing a claim include the following:
- The specific injury type the victim suffered
- The victim’s out-of-pocket costs
- Whether the injury caused any permanent or temporary disability or impairment
- Estimated future costs associated with recovery or lasting injuries
- How and if the injury has impacted the victim’s working or earning capacity
- How the accident and injury has affected the victim’s overall quality of life
How Soon Can I Recover Compensation?
If you come to an agreement with the liable party’s settlement offer, your personal claim could be resolved in several weeks or months. On the other hand, if you can’t agree on a fair compensation amount, the case will head to trial, and you might have to wait for a year or more for the jury verdict. The main thing to remember is that you should not settle your claim until you have completely identified all the damages applicable to your case and figure out exactly what they are worth.
Visit Our Personal Injury Office in Braselton
We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near Braselton. We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA