Dawsonville Truck Accident Lawyers
You will likely see many trucks on your daily commute. It is understandable to be scared around them. You might even grip your wheel a little tighter. Most people do not expect to be involved in a truck accident, but they do happen. If you are the victim of a negligent truck driver, you have legal options. You could recover compensation through a truck accident lawsuit. Spaulding Injury Law: Cumming personal injury lawyer has extensive knowledge about truck accidents. Call and speak to one of our Dawsonville truck accident lawyers during an initial consultation today.
Liability in Truck Accidents
Various state and federal laws regulate the trucking industry. Truckers must have extensive training and understand these responsibilities. The laws are enforced by the Georgia Department of Public Safety and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. If a truck does not abide by them, they could suffer serious consequences. Some laws that you should be aware of include:
- Vehicle maintenance and inspection by trucking companies
- Hours of service that prevent drivers from exhaustion and reduce the risk of accidents
- Load limits to ensure cargo does not move and cause a tip-over accident.
These regulations are necessary when determining liability for a Dawsonville truck accident. If any trucking party disregards these laws, they can be liable for your accident damages. Establishing liability is crucial to your accident claim because it addresses who will pay your losses. Potentially responsible parties include:
- Truck driver: if the driver violated hours of service hours, was intoxicated, or participated in other illegal actions, they can be liable for the accident.
- Trucking company: lack of vehicle maintenance, hiring unqualified drivers, skipping training, etc, can all be reasons why a company is liable.
- Cargo loader: loading and securing cargo are essential to prevent accidents. Those responsible for loading cargo can be at fault for accidents due to improper loads.
- Vehicle manufacturer: if there are any part or vehicle defects, the manufacturer or the party who installed it onto the vehicle can be responsible.
Sometimes, these parties can share liability since they play different roles in the trucking process. A Dawsonville truck accident lawyer must investigate the cause of your accident. Once we assess the issue, we can also determine liability. This will help us build a case.
Causes of Dawsonville Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are complex cases because they can happen for several reasons. The underlying cause is usually negligence. Another underlying cause is failing to adhere to safety regulations. Over the years, we have handled many truck accidents in Dawsonville caused by the following:
- Speeding and recklessness: driving aggressively or exceeding speed limits to make a deadline can result in catastrophic accidents.
- Driver fatigue: staying on the road for long hours can lead to fatigue. Trucking companies can push drivers to drive long hours for tight deadlines. This can lead to a higher risk of accidents.
- Distracted driving: any action that takes attention away from driving is a distraction that can lead to a collision.
- Unsecured or overloaded cargo: cargo should be secured and not exceed weight limits. It can make the truck unstable and challenging to control. This leads to tipovers.
- Poor vehicle maintenance: routine maintenance is crucial to preventing mechanical failures and other issues that can lead to truck accidents. Common mechanical issues that arise are tire blowouts, brake failures, etc.
You should review your legal options after a truck accident in Dawsonville. Call Spaulding Injury Law to schedule an initial consultation.
Compensation for Truck Accidents
When you file a truck accident claim in Dawsonville, you can recover damages for various losses. Some of the potential compensation you can recover includes:
- Lost wages: injuries can prevent you from working while you get medical treatment like therapy and surgeries. You could recover lost wages for time away from work and future earning capacity if you cannot work moving forward.
- Medical expenses: many personal injury claims will have a significant portion based on your medical condition and treatment. The worse your condition is, the more treatment you will need. That also means you will have extensive costs.
- Property damages: since trucks are so large compared to passenger vehicles. If your vehicle sustains damage or you lose other personal items, you can recover payment for your property. This can be car repairs or replacement for your vehicle and other property.
- Pain and suffering: any physical or emotional distress the accident causes you can fall into this category. While challenging to calculate, they are possible. You can get other non-economic damages as well.
- Wrongful death: The surviving family can file wrongful death claims when a person dies in a truck accident. They can recover loss of compassion, funeral expenses, and other payments.
The losses you suffer can alter your life forever. You should get an individual assessment of your losses from a Dawsonville truck accident lawyer. Spaulding Injury Law has the experience and resources to assess your damages and negotiate with the insurance company.
Benefits of Having a Dawsonville Truck Accident Lawyer
A truck accident lawyer in Dawsonville representing your best interest has many benefits. When you hire Spaulding Injury Law, our legal team will help with the following:
- Investigate the truck accident by gathering evidence, speaking to witnesses, and working with experts.
- Reviewing laws and regulations that can impact your injury claim. We are well-versed in state and federal trucking laws. We will look for potential violations.
- Calculate the extent of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Handling insurance company negotiations and communications. You will not have to speak to the adjuster alone. We will work to get you a fair settlement offer.
In the rare cases where your case goes to trial, we are ready to represent and advocate for your rights. Spaulding Injury Law is here to help with all of your legal needs.
Speak to a Dawsonville Truck Accident Attorney
The Dawsonville truck accident attorneys from Spalding Injury Law have over 25 years of experience helping personal injury victims throughout Georgia. We have no win, no fee structures. Schedule an initial consultation with our team today.
Our Truck Accident Office in Dawsonville
Spaulding Injury Law: Cumming Personal Injury Lawyer is located close to you, in Downtown Cumming near UFA Soccer Fields and Cumming Polo Golf & Country Club.
Cumming Personal Injury Lawyers located at 5860 Bond St, Cumming, GA 30040, United States.