Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Our award-winning personal injury attorneys were formerly insurance company lawyers, which gives us an edge over other law firms in the area.
- Theodore Spaulding has the best possible rating on Avvo—10/10—partly because of the many reviews left by former clients.
- We became a top law firm in Alpharetta by providing aggressive legal representation to each and every client and helping our clients earn money for medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
- You can receive honest legal advice regarding your case during a free consultation with a lawyer in our office and personalized attention during the duration of your case.
- If you have been injured, an experienced attorney will fight to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation.
- Motorcyclists are far more likely to sustain serious or fatal injuries in an accident than motorists are. Even if a car collides with a motorcycle while traveling at a low speed, the impact may still be strong enough to send the motorcyclist flying off of his bike or tip him to the side onto the pavement.
Some of the most common injuries that motorcyclists sustain include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, internal injuries, fractured bones, biker’s arm, and road rash.
Some of these injuries may heal after a few weeks or months, but it’s possible that victims will be affected by some of the more serious injuries for the rest of their lives. For this reason, it’s important for motorcycle accident victims to learn about their legal rights after an accident.
Have you sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident? Don’t wait any longer to seek legal representation from the top attorneys in Alpharetta. Schedule a free-of-charge consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer at Spaulding Injury Law by calling 470-509-5772 or filling out the contact form on our website.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Should You Do After A Motorcycle Accident?
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Injuries and Losses from Motorcycle Accidents
- How Can Skilled Law Firms Help Motorcycle Crash Victims?
- How Can I Prevent A Motorcycle Accident From Happening In The Future?
- Contact Our Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Law Firm
What Should You Do After A Motorcycle Accident?
In general, the moments following a motorcycle accident are filled with fear and panic, but it’s important to remain calm so you know exactly what to do.
Seek Medical Attention
Your life and health should be your first priority. After you have been treated by a medical professional.
Motorcycle accident victims who were not treated at the scene of the accident should seek medical attention as soon as possible. This is important even if you are under the impression that your injuries are not serious.
For example, you may only have a headache at the time of the collision, but this headache could turn out to be something as serious as a concussion. It’s imperative that you go to a doctor right away so he can spot injuries that you may not be aware of and document them so you have proof that they were sustained in the accident.
Ask for a copy of your medical records and keep these in a safe space, along with receipts that show the expenses you have incurred as a result of your injuries.
Reporting the accident
Your priority after getting medical attention should be contacting the authorities to report the accident. You will just need a police officer that can record information to create a police report.
If you have not been seriously injured in the accident, document as much evidence as you can from the scene. Speak to the witnesses about what they saw and ask for their contact information so you can get in touch with them later.
Contact Motorcycle Lawyers
Your next priority should be contacting a motorcycle accident attorney to discuss your case. Doing this early on will give the attorney the opportunity to contact witnesses when the events are still fresh in their memories and gather evidence directly from the scene of the accident, if necessary.
Avoid Speaking with the Insurance Adjustor
Be very careful not to say anything about the accident as you speak to these witnesses and any Insurance Adjustor. Let them do all the talking, and do not accept fault for the collision. Take photos of anything that may help set the scene of the accident, including your injuries, property damage, nearby traffic signs, and debris in the road.
Top Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Defective Motorcycle Parts
- Excessive Speed
- Ignoring Traffic Laws
- Using a Cell phone During Rides
- Bad Road Conditions
- Negligent Vehicle Drivers
Injuries and Losses from Motorcycle Accidents
Each motorcyclist crash is different, and victims can suffer a wide range of injuries. Injuries can vary depending on how the collision occurred, the speed the bike was traveling, the safety equipment the rider had, and other factors. However, even low-speed accidents when a rider has state-of-the-art safety gear can result in life-changing injuries.
Motorcycles do not have the same protections and safety features as passenger cars and trucks. This leaves riders vulnerable to traumatic injuries to almost any part of the body. Some common injuries to motorcyclists include:
- Internal injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Soft tissue injuries
- Crush injuries
- Face and jaw injuries
- Road rash
All of these injuries need immediate medical treatment, and a victim might require emergency surgery or hospitalization. Even if someone does not need time in the hospital, they might need many follow-up and specialist appointments, physical therapy and other rehabilitation, medication and medical equipment, or even home health care.
Needless to say, all of this treatment is costly. Medical bills will pile up quickly, and this is only the beginning of the losses from a motorcycle injury. The liable party should cover all of your losses if you are in this situation, and the first step is discussing the value of your claim with a motorcycle accident lawyer.
The following are some common losses that we seek for our clients at Spaulding Injury Law. To learn about your specific losses, reach out for a free consultation.
As mentioned, medical bills can be extensive for any type of injury, and they can include emergency care, hospitalization, doctor’s visits, surgical costs, rehab costs, and more. You want to include every bill and out-of-pocket cost you have related to your injuries, and your lawyer can help you identify all medical expenses you have.
Never forget to consider future medical costs. Motorcyclists often sustain catastrophic injuries, and many serious injuries require ongoing treatment for years or even a lifetime. If you need future care, you do not want to be stuck with those bills. Your lawyer will know how to estimate the future expenses you will likely face and include them in your losses.
Many injuries can prevent you from working. Whether you miss a few days, weeks, or months of work, the financial strain of losing income can hurt your entire household. You can seek compensation for the wages you lost due to your injuries.
If your injury caused a disability, you might not be able to return to your previous job, and you might have to work part-time or accept a lower-paying position. Some injured motorcyclists never work again, and they must rely on disability benefits, which are often far less than they need. Your attorney can include future lost earnings in your claim.
Not all losses are tied to money, as injuries can cause:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent disfigurement
- Permanent disability
These are compensable damages that your motorcycle accident lawyer can seek for you.
How Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Alpharetta Can Help?
The Role of a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
You’ve probably heard that you will need to contact a personal injury lawyer if you are injured in any sort of traffic accident, but do you know why? As you recover from your injuries, your attorney will be working tirelessly to gather evidence that can be used to prove liability in the accident.
Get the Maximum Compensation
Then, he will begin communicating with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to discuss the terms of a settlement. Insurance companies will assign an insurance adjuster to your case immediately after learning about the accident.
If you talk to an insurance adjuster without an attorney, you may end up accepting a low offer without even realizing it. But, an attorney will carefully calculate the value of your claim and aggressively pursue fair compensation on your behalf.
Get Recovered for Medical Expenses
If the insurance company is unwilling to settle for a fair amount for your Medical Expenses, a skilled attorney has no problem taking your case to court. Motorcycle accident attorneys can organize the evidence and create a compelling case that convinces the jury to rule in your favor. Through every step of the legal process, an Alpharetta personal injury attorney will be on your side fighting for what is in your best interests.
How Can I Prevent A Motorcycle Accident From Happening In The Future?
Motorcyclists must use extreme caution when riding their bikes to avoid getting into devastating accidents. It’s important to remember that motorists may have trouble seeing you because of the size of your bike.
Safety Measures for Motorcycle Riders
- Try to avoid riding in a car’s blind spot, which can put you at a much greater risk of being involved in a vehicle accident. Motorcycle accidents often occur when cars turn left at intersections without spotting a motorcyclist who is driving in the car’s direction in the other lane. If you are approaching a car that is about to turn left right in front of you, remember that the driver may not see you. Keep an eye on the turn and be ready to swerve out of the way, speed up, or slow down if needed.
- Keep an eye out for any road hazards that could cause them harm. If there are potholes, pieces of debris, or oil slicks, the motorcyclist should avoid them by moving to a different lane. If it’s impossible to change lanes, slow down so you can ride over these hazards without injuring yourself.
- Wear protective gear at all times, including helmets and gloves. Wearing long-sleeved tops and full-length pants can also protect motorcyclists in the event of a collision that throws them off of their bikes. Although this gear will not completely prevent injuries, it will help you reduce the severity of the injuries that you sustain in an accident.
Contact Our Alpharetta Motorcycle Accident Law Firm Today
Years of Experience
Make sure that getting in touch with an attorney at law is one of your priorities after a motorcycle accident. Our motorcycle accident attorneys have over 25 years of legal experience and can handle even the most complex cases.
Some of our law firm’s many practice areas include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, and more. We have law offices all over Georgia.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another person’s negligence, schedule a free consultation and get the legal help you need with Spaulding Injury Law by calling 470-509-5772 or filling out the contact form on our website. If you work with our team, you won’t pay any fees unless we are able to recover compensation on your behalf.
For more information on motorcycle accidents, visit the blog on our site. If you would like to learn more about what it’s like to work with our motorcycle accident lawyers, read the testimonials left by some of our former clients.
We also have a Facebook group devoted to providing bikers in this state with helpful information regarding safety and more. To join the Official Georgia Bikers Unite Facebook Group, click here.