Fairburn Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury claims and lawsuits arise from preventable situations in which a person, business, or government entity’s negligence causes injury to another person. Monetary compensation might be sought to cover physical harm, emotional harm, and related financial damages. If you’ve suffered injuries at the hands of another individual who caused a preventable accident, Spaulding Injury Law is here to lend a hand.
Our top Fairburn personal injury lawyers understand how burdensome and life-changing a personal injury could be, and we are committed to making this challenging time a bit easier for injured victims.
What Exactly is a Personal Injury, and Do I Have a Claim?
A personal injury occurs when a person’s body, emotions, or mind suffers an injury due to negligence, wrongful conduct, or recklessness of another person. The individual that caused the accident resulting in injuries needs to have some kind of liability. Negligence is usually the foundation for liability in the majority of personal injury cases.
When you work with a personal injury lawyer, they will review your case and determine these elements necessary to establish negligence and figure out whether you have a valid claim:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty or obligation of care. For instance, in car accident cases, aside from being legally required to follow the traffic rules, drivers also owe a duty of legal care to other drivers, motorists, and pedestrians.
- The at-fault party violated that legal duty of care owed to you.
- You suffered injuries due to that breach.
- The resulting injuries caused losses or damages, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income, and/or property damage.
These negligence elements could apply to a wide variety of circumstances, such as:
If the Fairburn personal injury lawyer that you discussed your case with determines that there’s sufficient proof supporting these elements, then you have a valid personal injury claim.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Claim?
Because most accidents are costly, the law allows injured victims to recover compensation to make up for the expenses they’ve incurred due to the accident. This could include monetary compensation for past, present, and/or future:
- Lost wages and earnings
- Medical costs, including medications, emergency services, diagnostic tests, treatments, physical therapy, surgery, medical devices, etc.
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial expenses, in case of wrongful death
In some cases, the consequences of a terrible accident are difficult to see. They are typically personal, intimate, and difficult to calculate. They are likewise just as incapacitating, or more devastating, than financial and physical losses. These are what non-economic damages intend to make up for. These damages could include:
- Emotional distress, such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Physical and mental pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Reduced quality of life
Because these damages are immensely subjective, their specific value is usually highly contested in personal injury cases. Our skilled Fairburn personal injury lawyers will not only preserve your right to fair compensation, but also work with injury professionals and accident specialists to aid us in determining the real worth of your claim.
The more we learn about the specific circumstances of your claims and understand how the accident and injuries negatively affect your life, the higher your chances of securing the best possible compensation amount.
How Much is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
You need to understand that no law firm or lawyer will be able to give you the exact value of your case from a mere phone conversation or in the first weeks following the accident. Otherwise, they are lying to you. A competent personal injury lawyer will monitor your case carefully as it progresses and utilize different factors, like the one below, to figure out a more accurate value of your claim:
- The severity of the injuries
- The extent and duration of the victim’s medical treatments
- The costs of all the medical treatments
- Whether there’s property damage
- The ability of the victim to go back to work and the specific nature of the work
- Whether the victim will suffer future lost income
- Whether the victim will sustain permanent disabilities or impairments
- Whether the victim will require future medical treatments
- All accident and injury-associated out-of-pocket costs
- The extent of the victim’s physical suffering and emotional pain as well as loss of enjoyment in their daily activities and overall quality of life
How Our Skilled Fairburn Personal Injury Lawyers Help Injured Victims
- Investigate and collect adequate evidence to prove what caused your accident.
- Assess whether you could hold another individual or entity accountable for the accident and your injuries.
- Determine the worth of economic and non-economic losses.
- Deal with the insurance claim process (if applicable), which includes evaluating and negotiating settlement offers from the at-fault party’s insurance provider.
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s lawyer and insurance provider to secure a fair settlement offer that will cover all your accident-connected losses.
- If the at-fault party doesn’t want to settle your claim fairly, your personal injury lawyer will take your claim to trial.
Recovering proper compensation for all your damages could be time-consuming and complex. You will need to focus all your energy on recovering and rebuilding your life after the accident, and we could make this entire process simple and stress-free if you leave all the legal aspects of your claim to us.
Get in Touch With Experienced Fairburn Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Innocent people should not needlessly suffer due to another party’s negligent actions. To successfully seek compensation from a negligent party, it’s crucial to speak to a skilled personal injury lawyer as soon as possible following an accident that resulted in injuries.
To set up a free evaluation of your case with one of our experienced Fairburn personal injury lawyers, call Spaulding Injury Law today at 770-874-8891 or complete our online contact form. We can likewise help you pursue compensation and justice through a wrongful death claim if the negligence of another person resulted in the death of a loved one.