Loganville GA Personal Injury Lawyers
Last Updated on December 3, 2021 by Theodore Spaulding
Did you or a loved one suffer serious injuries because of someone else’s negligent and careless behavior? Our respected Loganville personal injury lawyers here at Spaulding Injury Law are dedicated to providing top-notch and compassionate legal representation for injured victims who were seriously hurt or killed in different types of accidents.
Your Rights as an Injury Victim
No one can ever really be ready for an accident involving serious injuries or a loved one’s death. But when the accident occurred because of another person or entity’s negligence, injured victims are entitled to seek legal help and file a claim or lawsuit to pursue fair compensation.
Georgia law entitles personal injury victims to seek monetary compensation for the following damages:
- All medical expenses related to treating the injuries, including aftercare and future procedures, if applicable
- Lost income, including future loss of wages and earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, including physical and emotional issues
- Property damage
- Punitive damages (in rare situations)
Injury victims often seek compensation following accidents involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Premises liability (including slip and falls)
- Workplace injuries
- Pedestrian injuries
- Defective products
These accidents always involve another person or entity’s negligent or intentional acts, resulting in the victim’s damages. If an injured victim could prove how their damages resulted from the at-fault party’s intention or negligence, they will receive proper compensation commensurate with their specific losses.
However, filing a personal injury claim is not always so simple. The skilled Loganville personal injury lawyers of Spaulding Injury Law know all about how accidents negatively affect the lives of injured victims and their families, so we work hard to make certain that they get the compensation they rightfully deserve.
What You Should Know About Personal Injury Cases
Victims who have sustained injuries and associated losses in accidents due to another’s negligence, intentional, and/or careless acts can file personal injury claims or lawsuits to seek damages and obtain compensation. Situations that give rise to personal injury cases typically include the following:
- Accidents – Accidents that typically lead to personal injuries include car accidents, truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, MARTA accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, and motorcycle accidents, among others.
- Defective Products – Victims of serious injuries resulting from the use of defective products, such as faulty car parts or harmful prescription medication, could pursue legal remedies from the liable parties, which might include the designer, manufacturer, sellers, or distributors.
- Intentional Acts – Victims of criminal acts like assault could seek monetary compensation and file claims against the criminals who caused them harm.
- Medical Malpractice – Health care professionals, including doctors, nurses, etc., that harmed their patients could be sued for medical malpractice and must compensate the injured patients for their damages.
- Wrongful Death – An individual or entity’s abusive, intentional, reckless, and/or negligent actions could cause a preventable and wrongful death. The deceased person’s surviving family could bring a wrongful death claim against the liable party to obtain compensation and ensure justice for their loved one’s death.
Determining The Value of a Personal Injury Claim
The most crucial thing to know about estimating the value of a personal injury claim is that the exact value will always be different from one case to another. The reason for this is that your personal injury lawyer will base the calculation of your claim’s value based on your specific damages, losses, and out-of-pocket costs.
But figuring out the actual value of a claim could be quite complicated. Usually, lawyers will utilize available data, various tools, and even other professionals (for complex cases involving catastrophic and permanent injuries or wrongful death) to come up with an accurate estimate of your claim. The most common factors lawyers will consider include the following:
- Medical Expenses – These include all out-of-pocket medical costs incurred by the injured victim, including emergency services, hospital stays, diagnostic testing, treatments, surgeries, medications, doctor’s fees, physical therapy, etc. This might also include expenses for future treatments, including home care, related therapies, and assistive devices, among others.
- Lost Wages – Most moderate and severe injuries usually force injured victims to stop working and focus on their recovery. They are entitled to recover all their lost wages, including future lost wages, if they become incapable of returning to work, like in cases where injured victims sustain permanent injuries.
- Pain and Suffering – Lawyers typically use a pain multiplier when calculating pain and suffering damages that could include the physical and emotional pain suffered by the victim. This can likewise include emotional distress, which leads to sleeping disorders, and all sorts of psychological issues such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and anxiety, among others.
Some injured victims might likewise be awarded punitive or exemplary damages if the actions of the at-fault party were especially reckless or egregious.
Winning Your Personal Injury Case
The specific steps you took following the accident that led to your injuries would determine the success of your claim. Hopefully, you obtained medical treatment right after the accident, so that you have an official paper trail of your medical history. At this point, it would be in your best interests to seek help from an experienced Loganville personal injury lawyer who will do the following to win your personal injury case:
- Gather all police reports, accident reports, and medical records related to your case
- Determine the real value of your personal injury claim
- Prepare a demand letter to seek compensation for your non-economic and economic losses
- Handle all discussions with the at-fault party’s insurer and lawyers
- Build a case for settlement negotiations and/or present evidence in a trial
- Fight for you in court if the liable party’s settlement offer is not enough to fairly compensate your damages
Learn How Our Top Loganville Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
Being seriously hurt in an accident could be very traumatic for a lot of people, and deciding what to do after isn’t so easy. At Spaulding Injury Law, we are focused on giving our clients the best legal assistance and resources to help you move on with your life and seek the compensation you truly deserve.
We offer free case evaluations with our experienced Loganville personal injury lawyers, where you can discuss your case and get legal advice on what to do next. Call 770-874-8891 or contact us online to schedule your appointment with one of our skilled Loganville personal injury lawyers today.