Last Updated on March 15, 2021 by Theodore Spaulding
When we drive on the roads of Georgia, we rarely think about car accidents. Unfortunately, hundreds of motorists and passengers get into car accidents every single day. We never assume that we will be one of the victims until we find ourselves and our loved ones in a serious car crash.
Even when a car accident seems minor, you may have serious injuries and a damaged car. You wind up with medical bills and repair costs. You may lose income when your injuries make you miss work.
If you have been in a car accident through no fault of your own, do not take your situation lightly. With more than 25 years of combined experience, the Georgia car accident attorneys of Spaulding Injury Law have helped the victims of car accidents. We fight to get our clients the financial compensation they need and the justice they deserve. We have helped our clients recover millions of dollars in compensation for accidents and injuries that were not their fault.
We are proud to have an award-winning team of attorneys who use their extensive knowledge and experience to obtain the best possible outcomes for our clients.
- Attorneys Theodore Spaulding and Jeremy Hayes have been named to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers and Top 40 Under 40 lists.
- Both attorneys have been awarded 10/10 rating on the Avvo client rating service.
- Spaulding is a charter member and Mr. Hayes is a lifetime charter member of the Distinguished Justice Advocates. That organization recognizes the top one half of one percent of attorneys in the U.S.
When you or a loved one are injured in a Georgia car accident that was someone else’s fault, you deserve to be compensated by the at-fault driver or drivers. The Georgia car accident lawyers of Spaulding Injury Law are ready to help. We’re ready to pursue the financial recovery you need to get your life back on track.
Contact our firm today. We will schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your case. We will explore how our legal team can help.
“I worked with Ted Spaulding for about 2 years after I was in a car accident. Throughout every step of the legal process, Ted listened to my concerns and helped explain the next steps of legal action. He is trustworthy and hard working. I recommend him to any of my family and friends.”- Claire Hockenberry, Atlanta, GA
“Just to say that it’s been a pleasure it’s rewarding dealing with your law firm and everybody here is so helpful and I’m so happy that I chose this law firm so once again when it comes to an end I just have to say thank you for allowing me to use you guys as my attorneys. Thank you.”- Peter Salerno, Alpharetta, GA
“I have dealt with several attorney’s as well as their assistant’s over the years for various reasons and have always been treated with kindness respect. They have always responded to in a timely manner to all of my questions and concerns. Each situation was different and each time I have come away with a feeling of accomplishment by some of the nicest most professional people. I would recommend them to anyone.”- Kathy Umberger, Cumming, GA
How Our Georgia Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
When you’ve been in a car accident and want compensation for your injuries and damages, you don’t have to go it alone. A knowledgeable Georgia car accident attorney can help you maximize the value of your case by:
- Thoroughly investigating the facts and circumstances of your accident.
- Collecting evidence that shows how your accident occurred and who was at fault.
- Working with experts to develop opinions and reports to support a strong, persuasive case.
- Communicating with insurance companies and their lawyers on your behalf.
- Negotiating for a full and fair settlement of your claim.
- Preparing for your case to go to trial, if necessary, to obtain the compensation that you deserve.
Contact Spaulding Injury Law today about your Georgia car accident case. You’ll learn how our firm can improve your chances of getting the best possible outcome.
Determining Fault After a Car Accident
When you bring a claim for compensation against another at-fault driver, you and your attorney will need evidence that shows how that driver caused the accident. Evidence that is commonly used to determine fault in car accident cases includes:
- Accident scene photographs or video
- Vehicle damage reports
- Injury photos
- Police accident reports
- Surveillance video or dashcam video
- Eyewitness statements
- Accident reconstruction reports
When you have an experienced car accident attorney on your side, he or she can assemble the evidence that you need to prove your claim. Your attorney will obtain the police accident report from the police, send document preservation requests to insurance companies, and work with experts to help develop accident reconstructions.
How Much Compensation Can a Georgia Car Accident Law Firm Help You Recover?
After being injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses, including:
- Medical expenses, including hospital bills, surgeries, prescription medication, physical therapy, and long-term care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which are damages that are imposed to punish especially egregious behavior (motorist driving under the influence with a history of DUIs)
The amount of compensation that you may recover will depend on several factors, including:
- The amount of insurance coverage that is available to compensate you
- The extent of your injuries
- The amount of your property damage
An experienced car accident attorney will be able to evaluate these factors and demand compensation that maximizes the amount of your financial recovery.
Should I Call My Insurance Company After I’m in an Accident?
If you have been in an accident, contact your own insurance company as soon as possible. Most insurance policies require notification of any accident you have been in, regardless of who was at fault. If you fail to notify your insurance company within the required timeframe, your insurance company may have a basis to deny any claim for PIP benefits, collision coverage, or uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
When you notify your insurance company of the accident, be very careful about what you say. In fact, it is probably best if a lawyer calls on your behalf. It is important to remember that the insurance company may not act in your best interest. Insurance companies are a business, after all, and they will do what they must to protect their bottom line. Your insurance company may work against you in the event of a car accident.
If you call the insurance company after a car accident, they may use what you say against you. This can cause problems down the road. Though you may be obligated to notify your insurance company, it is best to do this with the help of a lawyer.