The City of Woodstock, Georgia, would like to cordially invite you to its 26th annual Christmas Jubilee & Parade of Lights. The winter holidays are almost upon us, and with them come plenty of festivities. Woodstock brings its own brand of celebration to the mix with a wide range of activities for the whole family to enjoy, and because they’ve been doing this for a while, you can count on it being another successful kickoff to the holidays.
The festivities begin at 5:30 pm on Saturday, December 3, and they don’t show any sign of stopping until 9 pm. To ensure that you’re well prepared to make the most of this holiday extravaganza, keep all the following in mind:
- The Parade of Lights begins at Woodstock Elementary School on Rope Mill Road and travels down Main Street to Sam’s Club on Highway 92.
- Road closures that allow the parade to happen begin at 5:15 pm.
- The parade must go on – and will proceed rain or shine (barring truly inclement weather).
Kick Things Off in Style
Before the parade gets started is a great time to knock out some of your holiday shopping. Woodstock has many fine gift shops downtown, and most of them will be offering special deals and treats on the day of the parade. At 4:30, the food vendors in the Park at City Center open up and will be selling an array of delicious treats, snacks, meals, and drinks – warm and cold – to enjoy while you await the parade. There are also plenty of inviting restaurants nearby in which to gather with family and friends and share a full meal – either before or after the parade. At 5:30 sharp, prepare to be dazzled by the Parade of Lights.
The After Party
After the parade, there’s plenty more to look forward to, including:
- Bring your list and head to the Gazebo for a heart-to-heart with Santa
- Enjoy the official lighting of the gorgeous 30-foot Christmas tree, attended by both Santa and the mayor
- Enjoy the float awards ceremony – at which awards for the best holiday float, the most original float, the float that best captures history and heritage, the most original float, and the float that captures the people’s heart will be distributed
- Explore what the participating vendors and food trucks have to offer – while tapping your toes to Ronnie the DJ’s holiday tunes
- Test your skill at the free Sugar Plum Cupcake Decorating event and either savor your creation or take it home to admire – and devour – later
- Take the kids to the free Kris Kringle Kidz Kraft area – as well as the games, crafts, and inflatables throughout the park
- Drop your kids’ letters to Santa in his official mailbox at the Gazebo – and expect to receive a letter back
Make Safety Your Priority
It’s important to keep in mind that more people congregating in one area means more opportunities for accidents to happen, and when motorists don’t make safety their top priority or stores and vendors fail to maintain their premises adequately, parade guests are vulnerable to being injured. If someone else’s negligence leaves you or someone you love harmed, reach out for the professional legal guidance that you need.
An Experienced Woodstock Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
If you or someone you care about is harmed by someone else’s negligence, the trusted personal injury attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law in Woodstock, Georgia, recognize the gravity of your situation and have the legal insight and resolve to help. Schedule your free case evaluation today by contacting or calling us at 770-744-0890 today.