Recognized Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer in Buford
Traffic accidents are a frequent occurrence in Buford. There are many highways and roads to travel on. Another factor to consider is the reckless actions drivers participate in. One of those reckless and illegal actions is drunk driving. When a drunk driver causes your collision, you deserve compensation for their actions leading to your losses. Our Buford accident attorneys have years of legal experience handling car accidents. Spaulding Injury Law will fight for the rights of drunk driving accident victims, so reach out for a free case evaluation today.
Proving the driver was intoxicated during the collision
It might be shocking when you realize that you are responsible for proving the other driver was intoxicated. While it can be challenging, there are several ways to prove the driver was drunk during the accident. If a police officer suspects the driver is intoxicated, they will conduct a blood or breath test to confirm. These tests can be performed even if the driver is unconscious. Police officers need to get this evidence for their case to pursue criminal charges.
Unfortunately, there are times when the driver is not tested for alcohol. You must have other evidence that shows they were under the influence. You will have to go through your memory of the accident to determine how the driver acted before and after it. Reckless driving, like swerving out of lanes, can indicate intoxication. If you saw them enter the road from a bar, that might be other evidence they could be drinking.
If the driver has previous DUI convictions, you can also use that to help your case. Stumbling and slurred speech can also show the driver was drunk. Of course, having a chemical test is the best way to prove the driver was intoxicated. However, it is not the only way. Discuss the evidence you have with your drunk driving accident lawyer. We will look for other evidence to help your drunk driving accident claim.
How does hiring a drunk driving accident attorney help your case?
Many processes and challenges can arise during a drunk driving car accident. Spaulding Injury Law is always ready to help new clients facing these complex legal matters. You require the assistance of an accident attorney. Some compelling reasons to hire a drunk driving accident lawyer in Buford include the following:
- The insurance company has bad intentions: They are a for-profit business and therefore do not make a profit when they pay out claims. There is more incentive to deny claims than to pay them. One of the only ways to circumvent these actions is to have the right accident lawyer handling your claim.
- Evidence is fleeting in drunk driving collisions: Evidence is the basis of every claim. Unfortunately, evidence can disappear quickly after a crash. Witness memory begins to fade, the scene is cleaned up, and items are disposed of. Video footage from local businesses is especially time-sensitive since it can auto-delete after a specific time.
- Filing deadlines: Georgia statutes require that our lawyers file drunk driving car accident cases within two years of the collision. The deadline applies to other personal injury claims and wrongful death cases.
- Presenting a solid case: Every moment counts regarding a personal injury case. Spaulding Injury Law will use every hour to your advantage. We will get to work immediately collecting evidence and building your claim.
Another benefit of hiring a drunk driving accident attorney is you can focus on your health while we will focus on your legal recovery. You do not need the additional stress of a lawsuit when dealing with your physical recovery.
Why the police report matters to your claim
Among all the evidence we will collect, the police report will be a significant source of information. It will also have substantial weight when negotiating with the insurance company. Within the police report, you will find:
- Information for any witnesses
- Road conditions
- Description of the accident scene
- Testimonials from both drivers
- Images of the scene and the cars involved (varies by accident)
- Evidence of intoxication for either driver
- License and insurance information of the vehicle involved
The insurance company will look at the police report when reviewing your case. Even if the evidence seems clear, they will fight against it. You can go to the local police station where the accident occurred to request a report. We can also get a copy once you hire a drunk driving accident lawyer from our firm. There can be some discrepancies on the report that you need to address.
Calculating your case value for a drunk driving accident
Many factors are considered when determining case worth for a drunk driving accident. Some primary factors are property damage, the severity of your injuries, and injury permeance. The longer it takes to heal, or the more permanent injuries are, the more significant your payment must be. Insurance policy limits are another contentious issue impacting your drunk driving claim. We will seek compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses for past and future treatment
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Spaulding Injury Law does not compromise when it comes to our clients. We want to get every dollar you are entitled to. We have obtained substantial financial recoveries for our clients. Some examples include:
- $1.4 million
- $1.2 million
- $1.1 million (multiple times)
While these are just a few examples, we have recovered many other amounts for our clients. Your injury claims can require more or less than these amounts. You can only obtain an accurate assessment of damages by working with our Bufrod drunk driving accident lawyer.
Speak to a Buford drunk driving accident lawyer today
We have a proven track record of fighting for our clients successfully. We have been named in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association. If you have been in a drunk driving accident in Buford, contact Spaulding Injury Law. We will schedule an initial consultation at your convenience to discuss your legal remedies.
Types Of Cases We Handle
Visit Our Personal Injury Office in Lawrenceville, GA
We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near you. We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA