Embraced And Celebrated By Gwinnett’s Local Community
Were you injured in Lawrenceville, GA or its surroundings? Our lawyers can help you recover from your losses. We have decades of combined experience handling local personal injury cases.
Having a local personal injury lawyer with experience with and knowledge of the actual value of your case is vital to ensuring you receive the most compensation possible for your injuries.
Our award-winning personal injury lawyers know the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine
At Spaulding Injury Law in Georgia, we stand out in helping with accident cases all over. Especially in Dacula, we’ve got your back. If there’s an accident involving MARTA – be it buses, trains, elevators, escalators, or even just bad security – we’re here to help.
What MARTA Should Be Doing
MARTA should keep everyone safe. That means having good buses and trains, hiring the best drivers, and making sure everything’s safe and secure. If they don’t do their job and someone gets hurt, they might be at fault. Understanding all this can be tricky, but that’s why we’re here at Spaulding Injury Law.
Why MARTA Accidents in Dacula Are Complex
Dacula, just like many cities in Georgia, uses MARTA a lot. But as more people use it, there are more chances for things to go wrong. Accidents can happen because of:
When we trust drivers to get us from one place to another, we expect them to be careful and responsible. However, sometimes drivers make bad choices that can lead to dangerous situations.
- Texting, Calling, or Not Focusing: Drivers distracted by their phones might miss crucial events on the road. This lack of attention can lead to unexpected accidents with severe consequences.
- Driving Too Fast: Speed limits are set for a reason. Ignoring them can reduce reaction times and intensify the impact of collisions.
- Being Really Tired: A driver needs to be alert. Fatigue can cloud judgment, slow reactions, and, in extreme cases, might even cause them to fall asleep while driving.
- Driving After Using Alcohol or Drugs: Being under the influence impairs a driver’s abilities. They may not see obstacles, misjudge distances, or react inappropriately to road events.
Problems with the Vehicle
Vehicles, like any other machines, need to be in good shape to operate safely. But sometimes, they can have issues that make them unpredictable and risky.
- Brakes Stopping Working: A vehicle’s brakes are its primary safety feature. If they malfunction, it can lead to uncontrolled movements and potential accidents.
- Engine Problems: A smooth-running engine ensures the vehicle operates as expected. Issues here might cause sudden stops or unpredictable behaviors.
- Old Buses or Trains Breaking Down: Older vehicles might not have the latest safety features. Wear and tear over time can also make them prone to breakdowns.
Security measures are crucial in places with lots of people, like MARTA stations. Without proper security, both passengers and staff could be at risk.
- Dark Areas: Adequate lighting ensures that people can see where they’re going. Poorly lit places can lead to avoidable accidents like tripping or stumbling.
- Broken Cameras: Surveillance is essential for safety. If cameras are down, it can give wrongdoers a chance to act without being seen.
- Not Enough Security People: A sufficient security presence deters potential wrongdoers and helps manage large crowds, ensuring everyone’s safety.
For everyone’s well-being, it’s essential that these concerns are addressed promptly. Knowing about potential problems can empower you to make safer choices and seek assistance if you face any of these issues.
At Spaulding Injury Law, we check everything to understand what went wrong in your Dacula MARTA accident. We’re all about finding the truth.
Injuries and Their Impact
Accidents can hurt people in different ways. Some might have to see a doctor or stay in bed. This can cost money and change how they live. We understand all this and work hard to get you the money you need to fully recover from your injuries.
Rules When Going Against MARTA
Dealing with MARTA is a bit different than other situations. If something goes wrong while you’re using MARTA, there are some specific steps and timelines you need to be aware of.
- Faster Reporting Time: Unlike other incidents where you might have years to report a problem, with MARTA, you have much less time. It’s best to act quickly so you don’t miss your chance to get things sorted out.
- Ante Litem Notice: Before you can take any legal action against MARTA, you have to send them an “ante litem notice.” Think of it as a heads-up letter. This letter tells MARTA that you’re planning to make a claim. It should include details about what happened, like where and when the incident occurred and how much money you think you should get because of the issue.
- Short Timeframe to File: While many accident claims give you up to two years to file, with MARTA, you usually only have six months from the date something went wrong. If you wait too long and miss this window, you might not be able to get any help or compensation.
- Limited Compensation: Because MARTA is a government service, there might be a cap or limit on how much money you can ask for. This is different from other claims where there might not be any limits.
- Special Investigation Steps: MARTA has its team to look into issues. This includes people who will gather evidence and check what happened. So, it’s important for you to collect your evidence quickly, too. If you can, get photos, witness information, or anything else that can help show what happened.
Remember, these rules are in place because dealing with a public service like MARTA is a bit different than other situations. If you face a problem while using MARTA, make sure you act fast and get the right information so you can be treated fairly.
Different MARTA Problems We Handle
In Dacula, there could be lots of potential MARTA accidents. Whether it’s buses, trains, or even just slips and falls, we’ve got you covered. We’ll get evidence like videos, talk to people who saw what happened, and make a strong case for you.
Talk to a Dacula MARTA Lawyer
Spaulding Injury Law in Dacula is here for you. We only get paid if you win. If you or someone you know in Dacula had a problem with MARTA, contact our legal team.
Let us be your voice. Book a free consultation with us. We’re determined to help MARTA accident victims in Dacula get what they deserve.
Visit Our Car Accident Office in Dacula County, GA
We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near Dacula County. We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA