Embraced And Celebrated By Gwinnett’s Local Community
Were you injured in Lawrenceville, GA or its surroundings? Our lawyers can help you recover from your losses. We have decades of combined experience handling local personal injury cases.
Having a local personal injury lawyer with experience with and knowledge of the actual value of your case is vital to ensuring you receive the most compensation possible for your injuries.
Our award-winning personal injury lawyers know the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine
At Spaulding Injury Law, we know that falling and getting hurt in Dacula isn’t just a small issue. These falls can lead to extensive injuries, long-lasting health problems, stress, and money troubles.
If you’ve been hurt from a fall in Dacula because someone didn’t take care of their property, our team at Spaulding Injury Law is here to help. We’ll show you how to ask for money to cover your bills and guide you in taking your case to court if needed.
Understanding Your Fall in Dacula
In Dacula, falls happen quite a bit and can lead to slip and fall cases. If you fall on someone else’s property because they didn’t keep it safe, you can ask them to pay for your injuries. To win your case in Dacula, you and your lawyer need to prove that the owner didn’t keep their place safe, and that’s why you fell.
Let’s say you trip over a broken sidewalk in your apartment area in Dacula and get hurt. If the person in charge knew about this and did nothing, they might have to pay. Even if they didn’t know, if the sidewalk was broken for a long time and they should have seen it, they could still be responsible.
Our team at Spaulding Injury Law can help you understand how these Dacula cases work.
Getting Hurt from Falling in Dacula
Falls in Dacula can sometimes lead to terrible injuries like:
- Broken bones, often in hands because people try to catch themselves
- Cuts and scratches
- Sprained muscles
- Neck and back pain, including spine problems
- Head injuries
A bad fall can also make someone feel scared or have trouble thinking. Some injuries might not show up right away, so talking to a good Dacula lawyer is important.
Our Spaulding Injury Law team can check your doctor’s notes to make sure you get the right amount of money for your injuries in Dacula.
Why People Fall in Dacula
People can fall anywhere in Dacula, at stores, or even at homes.
Some reasons include:
- Wet floors from spills: Imagine walking into a store and suddenly, your feet slide from under you. Why? Someone might have accidentally spilled their water or juice. If the staff doesn’t clean it up quickly, the floor becomes like a mini-skating rink. And if there’s no warning sign like “Caution: Wet Floor,” you wouldn’t know to be careful. This can cause a painful fall.
- Ice or snow outside: Think of stepping outside in winter, and the ground looks shiny. That’s ice. When it’s freezing, rain or snow can turn sidewalks and parking lots into slippery zones. Without someone to clear the ice or put salt down, it’s super easy to slip and land on the cold, hard ground.
- Broken stairs or handrails: Have you ever climbed stairs and felt one wobble under your foot? Or grabbed a handrail that moves when it shouldn’t? Stairs that aren’t stable or handrails that aren’t tight can be dangerous. If you’re relying on them and they’re broken, you might tumble down.
- Things in the way: Picture walking in a hallway, and suddenly, your foot hits something. Maybe it’s a toy, a box, or a shoe. Items left on the floor can catch you by surprise. If you’re not expecting it or can’t see it, you can trip over and fall.
- Bumpy rugs: Rugs are great for decor but can be tricky if they aren’t flat. Imagine a rug with its corner turned up. As you walk, your foot catches that raised part, making you stumble. It’s like a small speed bump in the middle of your path.
- Wires on the floor: Think about a room where a wire runs from one end to the other, lying across the walking path. Maybe it’s a charger or an extension cord. If you don’t notice it or it’s the same color as the floor, you might trip over it, especially if it’s right where people walk a lot.
- Bad lighting: Imagine going into a room, and it’s darker than you expected. Without enough light, you can’t see well. You might not notice things on the ground, wet spots, or even steps. Not seeing these hazards means you can easily trip or slip.
- Potholes: Picture walking in a parking lot, and suddenly your foot drops into a hole. These holes, called potholes, can form from rain, wear and tear, or changes in temperature. They can be tricky, especially at night or if they fill with water. Your foot might go into one unexpectedly, causing you to twist an ankle or lose balance.
By understanding these situations, you can be more careful and prevent painful accidents. Our legal team will check out where you fell in Dacula to find proof that someone knew about the danger and didn’t fix it.
Who’s At Fault for Falls in Dacula?
In Dacula, people who own or manage properties must make sure visitors are safe. Georgia laws explain how these people should act, and violations of these laws can lead to financial liability.
Falling at a Friend’s House in Dacula
If you fall at a friend’s place in Dacula, you can still ask their insurance for money. The claim is not against your friend but their insurance. They won’t lose any money, and a true friend would want you to get better.
How to Keep Your Rights After a Fall in Dacula
If you fall in Dacula, do these things to protect yourself:
- Get medical help if needed.
- Tell the property owner about the accident.
- Take photos of where you fell.
- Talk to people who saw it and get their information.
- Go to the doctor quickly, even if you feel okay.
- Don’t say sorry or admit it was your fault.
Get Help from a Dacula Fall Lawyer at Spaulding Injury Law
If you got hurt from a fall in Dacula that could’ve been avoided, talk to our helpful lawyers at Spaulding Injury Law. We care about you and will listen to your story. Contact us now to set up a free consultation in Dacula.
Visit Our Car Accident Office in Dacula County, GA
We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near Dacula County. We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA