Last Updated on November 13, 2020 by Theodore Spaulding
A Trusted Personal Injury Law Firm
- Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County three years running by Gwinnett Magazine.
- Attorneys Theodore Spaulding and Jeremy Hayes were both listed on the Top 40 Under 40 list developed by The National Trial Lawyers Association.
- Attorney Theodore Spaulding provides personal attention to each and every client, which is one of the reasons he is recognized as one of the best lawyers in the state of Georgia.
- As one of the top law firms in the area, we provide honest and aggressive legal representation and work to get you the maximum amount of compensation.
- Our award-winning law firm does not charge you for our legal services unless you are awarded compensation.
- A Lawrenceville personal injury lawyer from our team reviews your case during a free consultation and then provides you with sound legal advice
Our Gwinnett County injury law firm is located just minutes from downtown Lawrenceville: Spaulding Injury Law at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202, Lawrenceville, GA 30046 To schedule a free consultation, call our Gwinnett County office today or send us an email by filling out the contact form on our website. All consultations are free and you will speak directly with one of our nationally recognized personal injury lawyers in Gwinnett County.
How Much Will an Injury Lawyer Cost?
If you have been injured by another person’s negligence, medical bills may begin to pile up as you recover, so the last thing that you should have to worry about is paying for an attorney. Luckily, the law allows injury firms like ours to work on a contingency fee basis.
This means we can being protecting your rights immediately with nothing coming out of your pocket. You do not pay us an hourly rate and are not billed monthly.
Instead, you pay nothing up front and while we pursue the claim or case. We receive our attorney’s fees and are paid back for any expenses we front to pursue you injury case out of any settlement or verdict we obtain for you. Attorney’s fees are a percentage of what is recovered so the better you do, the better we do.
If in the unusual situation you recover nothing for your damages, you owe nothing to your lawyer for his or her time and effort pursing the case. Keep in mind, depending on the firm, you may still be responsible for paying back any expenses paid by the firm in pursing your case. These expenses are such things as filing fees; fees to obtain your medical records and fees paid to experts to testify on your behalf.
The learn more about how the contingency fee process works, read our Learning Center article here.
Find Out The Type of Damages You Can Be Compensated For in Your Situation
There are several categories of damages you may be able to pursue after you are injured due to the negligence of another. Whether you are injured in a car accident, slip and fall incident, because of a defective product or due to improper security at a commercial establishment, most of these items of damage are universal.
Here is a quick list of the typical categories of damages you can pursue in a personal injury claim or case:
- Costs of past, present and future treatment of your injuries;
- Any lost wages even if you used sick or vacation time;
- Pain and suffering you have gone through as a result of your injuries to include the negative changes in your daily life caused by the effects of your injuries.
Read our article titled “Damages Available In Personal Injury Lawsuits And How To Pursue Them” to learn more about all types of damages you may have a right to pursue and how they are pursued.