Embraced And Celebrated By Gwinnett’s Local Community
Were you injured in car accidents around Lawrenceville, GA or its surroundings? Our car accident lawyer can help you recover from your losses. We have decades of combined experience handling local personal injury cases.
Having a local personal injury lawyer with experience with and knowledge of the actual value of your car accident case is vital to ensuring you receive the most compensation possible for your injuries.
Our award-winning personal injury lawyers know the best way to go up against insurance companies because we used to work with them and use that experience to help you win.
Voted Among the Best Personal Injury Firms in Gwinnett County 6 Years in a Row by Gwinnett Magazine
Personal Injury Attorney in Peachtree Corners GA
Going through a car accident can not only damage your vehicle and your body, but also your ability to work and support your family all these reflect on your medical bills. Knowing whether or not you can collect damages for your injuries through car accident claims can make the difference between being fully covered for your injury and all its related costs or having to foot the bill yourself. Keep reading to learn more about what types of car accident claims you can file and the value of a personal injury attorney in helping you make the most of your damages.
A Peachtree Corners car accident attorney from Spaulding Injury Law has handled many car accident cases, and if you’ve got a case, we know how to get you the best possible compensation. We handle a wide range of injury claims, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and falls
- MARTA accidents
- Dog bites
- Product liability
Car accidents seem to happen out of nowhere. Often victims of car accidents are driving while obeying the laws when suddenly they are hit by a negligent driver. You have no time to react or avert auto accidents. Now you are suffering injuries, and your car is damaged. You may incur losses like medical bills, property damage, and pain and suffering. You might be entitled to compensation for your auto accidents, medical bills, and other losses through a car accident claim. While you might be eligible for compensation, many insurance companies will not be willing to pay your case worth. A Peachtree Corners car accident lawyer from Spaulding Injury Law will fight for your right to compensation.
Prevalent causes of car accidents
Many causes of car accidents exist, but most are preventable. Uncovering the cause of these accidents is crucial because that will be essential for your car accident claim. Some common causes of collisions include:
- Distractions: eating, using navigation systems, texting, or conversations with passengers can distract a driver from the road. If you get injured because of a distracted driver, seek legal council from experienced car accident attorneys.
- Reckless driving: tailgating, speeding, or making unsafe lane changes
- Mechanical failures: brakes, steering, and other car parts affecting the car’s operation can lead a diver to lose control.
- DUI: using drugs or alcohol while operating a vehicle. This includes legal and illegal drugs.
- Poor road conditions: faulty road designs, lack of signage or maintenance on the roads can create dangerous situations for drivers
- Fatigue: insufficient rest can lead to slower reaction times and impact situational awareness. Drivers can fall asleep or fail to react in time.
- Wrong way driving
- Disregarding traffic laws: failure to yield, running a stop sign, or signal puts others in danger.
While these are common causes, there are a slew of other factors that can lead to a car crash in Peachtree Corners.
Car insurance and car accidents
In Georgia, the party responsible for causing the collision is also financially responsible for any damage or injuries. Drivers must have state minimums that meet the following:
- $25,000 for bodily injury per person
- $50,000 per accident for bodily injury
- $25,000 for property damage
Liability insurance does not pay for your crash-related losses. It can pay for other parties’ losses if you are the at-fault driver. Sometimes the insurance company policy will not cover all of the accident losses. A Peachtree Corners car accident lawyer can find other ways to pursue compensation for your losses.
When the driver doesn’t have enough insurance
When you are involved in a car accident, and the insurance company policy does not have enough to cover your losses, you must find other avenues. When this happens, you can file a car accident claim with your insurance company. One caveat is that you must have additional provisions like MedPay, collision coverage, or underinsured motorist coverage.
When you have life-altering injuries, even this might not be enough to recover adequate compensation for your losses. A personal injury lawsuit might be required to recover reimbursement for your crash-related expenses. These processes can become very complex, and you must speak to a Peachtree Corners car accident attorney about your options.
Issues that arise during insurance company claims
Filing a car accident claim is the first hurdle you may face in your accident. You will have to call your insurer and inform them of the collision. They will then open an investigation to determine fault and estimate your losses. They will ask you to submit documentation like medical records, proof of expenses, and lost wages. You should be wary of what you say to the adjuster during this process. They are not on your side, even if they pretend they are.
Another issue that may arise is quick settlement offers. Car accident victims assume this is a good sign that the insurance company is trying to help them, but it is not. Car insurance companies are for-profit businesses, and the last thing they care about is paying a fair amount. They are looking to minimize financial liability. Adjusters can accomplish this by downplaying your injuries or losses. Then they offer you a settlement before you understand the severity of your injuries.
One concern that often arises is that pre-existing conditions make you ineligible to seek compensation. This is not true. A pre-existing condition can complicate your car accident claim but does not leave you without recovery options. Drivers are responsible for the injuries they cause car accident victims regardless of pre-existing conditions. This is often referred to as the eggshell plaintiff principle. An experienced Peachtree Corners car accident lawyer can help argue that the collision exacerbated your injuries or caused new ones.
Common car crash injuries
You can suffer a myriad of injuries from a collision. Some are superficial, and others can be life-altering. These injuries can lead to medical treatments and lifestyle changes. Your life can change for weeks, months, years, or permanently. Some common auto accident injuries are:
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma
- Facial scars
All types of injuries can lead to long-lasting impacts like chronic pain or disability. You will want to follow through with all of your medical treatments. When you reach maximum medical improvement, you will have a better idea of your future. It also gives your Peachtree Corners car accident lawyer information to include in your injury claim.
What you should do after a collision
If you are involved in a collision, there are some things you can do to help your case. At the scene, it might be challenging to accomplish these tasks. If you are already home, you can review the steps to see what you took and can still do for your claim. Our Peachtree Corners car accident attorney suggests:
- Move to safety, such as the road shoulder, if possible. If you cannot move your car, you should leave the road to avoid subsequent collisions.
- Call the police and file a report. You will also need medical assistance for your injuries. These initial reports are crucial for connecting your collision with your injuries.
- This step should only be taken if your injuries allow. Get information from all parties involved, nearby witnesses, and evidence you can access.
- When the police arrive, do not admit fault. Let the authorities do a preliminary investigation and determine the cause. There can be underlying factors that resulted in the collision you’re unaware of. Admitting fault or apologizing can be used against you to lower your car accident claim.
- Get medical attention at the scene and afterward. Follow up with your primary care physician or specialists. Finish all your treatments even if you begin to feel better.
- Stay off social media, and do not talk about the accident to anyone until you get legal assistance. Anything you post online will be used against you by the insurance company to lower your car accident claim.
- Review settlement offers with your Peachtree Corners car accident attorney. The insurance company will likely send you low offers initially. They hope you will take them so they do not have to pay you what you’re worth. Spaulding Injury Law will review any offers with you based on merit and the likelihood that it will cover your losses.
When you work with a car accident attorney from Spaulding Injury Law, we will review the steps you have taken and if you should do anything else to help your case. Call us for a consultation today.
A Peachtree Corners car accident lawyer can protect you
We will start building your case once you begin working with Spaulding Injury Law. Some of the steps we will take and the services we provide include:
- Evidence collection: we can gather critical evidence for your claims, such as medical records, police reports, and witness testimony.
- Evidence preservation: we will keep the collected evidence safe and send preservation letters to relevant parties. These notices are critical, so nothing gets lost.
- Car accident claims assessment: we will estimate your case value, including current and future losses.
- Third-party communications: You do not have to worry about what you say to insurance companies or others. We will handle third-party communications.
- Negotiations: our personal injury lawyers will negotiate with the insurance company and defense attorney to secure adequate compensation.
- Trial prevention: we will prepare for trial if your case goes into litigation.
- Mitigating mistakes: throughout the process, we will help avoid common mistakes like missing deadlines, admitting fault, etc.
Damages you can pursue
Car accident case worth can range from hundreds to millions of dollars. Many factors will determine how much you can recover. Our experienced car accident attorney can determine the recovery amount of your personal injury claims. You could receive compensation for items like:
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Ambulance and transportation costs
- Car accident lawyer cost
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
You may also sometimes get reimbursement for your deductible and legal fees. As every case is unique, our car accident lawyer in Peachtree Corners will assess your case individually.
Call Spaulding Injury Law today
Car crashes happen more frequently than they should. Victims have legal options they can pursue to get justice for their losses. When someone is negligent, they should pay for the losses you incur. Spaulding Injury Law has over 25 years of legal experience helping car accident victims. Discuss your case during a free case review by contacting our car accident lawyer in Peachtree Corner today.
Find A Car Accident Lawyer Near You:
Accidents happen when we least expect them. If you’ve been in a car accident and need legal help, look no further. Find a car accident lawyer near you who will fight for your rights and ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Don’t wait – get the support you need today.
Visit Our Car Accident Office in Peachtree Corners, GA
We help victims inside the Gwinnett County Area and our firm is conveniently located near Peachtree Corners. We have an office in Lawrenceville at 223 Scenic Hwy S #202 Lawrenceville, GA