How Long Does an Atlanta Car Accident Settlement Take With a Lawyer?
When it comes to settling a car accident case with legal representation, the duration of the process can vary significantly. It’s a journey influenced by numerous factors. While some cases resolve within a few months, others require extensive work and potentially take several years to settle.
It is in your best interests to seek legal counsel to ensure fair compensation for damages incurred. This is because the journey toward settlement involves many elements, including the nature of the accident, the severity of injuries, insurance negotiations, and legal procedures.
Through our legal team at Spaulding Injury Law: Atlanta Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyer, we have recorded many victories with significant settlements. We understand what it takes to resolve these cases. We can expedite the settlement process while ensuring fair and just outcomes.
Submit All Medical Documentation Before Settling Your Case
Medical documentation serves as vital evidence in determining the impact of injuries sustained in a car accident. Therefore, it is recommended to wait until you reach Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI). This is when your condition stabilizes and further significant improvement is unlikely.
Attempting to settle a case before reaching MMI can result in an undervaluation of damages. This premature settlement may not cover future medical expenses, ongoing treatments or account for potential complications that might arise. Only after obtaining all the documentation can you determine a fair damage award to pursue.
Factors Affecting the Time Your Car Accident Claim Takes to Settle
The following factors may influence the time it takes to settle a car accident claim:
- Determining fault: If it’s clear who caused the accident, settling tends to be faster. But when fault is disputed or unclear, negotiations can drag on or even lead to a lawsuit, stretching the process.
- The extent of injuries and damages: Minor injuries might resolve faster, but serious ones need more time for proper assessment and treatment, which can prolong the settlement.
- Quality and quantity of evidence: Having solid evidence of damages speeds up settlement. However, when evidence is lacking or weak, negotiating or gathering more proof might take longer, extending the process.
- Insurance company response time: A prompt response from the insurance company helps move things along. But if they take their time assessing the claim or communicating, it can significantly delay the settlement.
These factors often interconnect and impact one another. For instance, arguments over fault can stall the exchange of evidence, and complex injuries might require more time for evidence gathering and medical evaluations. Lawyers understand how these factors influence the settlement process, and they can help streamline the claims process.
Let a Car Accident Lawyer Expedite Your Settlement Process
A car accident lawyer can expedite the settlement process leading to quicker compensation for damages. However, the primary focus isn’t solely speed but ensuring that the process secures fair compensation.
A car accident attorney from our firm will ensure that all aspects of your damages is comprehensively evaluated. They can expedite the process without compromising on the compensation you’re entitled to receive. Call us today at (770) 874-9746 for a free case evaluation.
More Content Related to Car Accidents in Atlanta
When you become our client at Spaulding Injury Law, you’ll be represented by a thoroughly experienced Atlanta personal injury attorney like Theodore A. Spaulding. For over 15 years, Mr. Spaulding has helped victims of negligence across the state of Georgia resolve personal injury cases, and he’s received a remarkable number of awards and honors from the legal community recognizing his commitment to clients and to the metro-Atlanta area.
- Mr. Spaulding has been named one of the Top 100 trial lawyers in Georgia by the National Trial Lawyers for six successive years.
- He is honored as a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum ® by the Top Trial Lawyers in America ®.
- Charter Member of the Distinguished Justice Advocates.
- Member of the Atlanta Bar Association.