Have you or a loved one been involved in a MARTA bus accident in Marietta?
The aftermath of a MARTA accident can be overwhelming and confusing. That’s why the Marietta MARTA bus accident lawyers at Spaulding Injury Law are here to fight for the compensation you deserve. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial challenges you’re facing, and we’re committed to providing the legal support you need during this difficult time. Don’t hesitate—contact Spaulding Injury Law today for a free consultation and let us help you get your life back on track.
What Are the Main Causes of MARTA Bus Accidents?
MARTA buses are a widely-used means of transportation across Georgia cities, but when accidents involving these buses happen, the consequences can be devastating.
There are endless factors that could contribute to MARTA bus accidents, but the most common include:
- Distractions: Distracted bus drivers (due to passengers, GPS devices, or cell phones) are more prone to causing accidents. These distractions may lead drivers to take their eyes off the road, resulting in collisions.
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs: Impaired driving due to drugs or alcohol can hinder a driver’s ability to react quickly and negatively impact their vision. DUI can lead to bus drivers swerving, making improper lane changes, and colliding with other vehicles or roadside objects, causing severe injuries to passengers.
- Excessive Speed: MARTA bus drivers must obey the speed limit and drive at appropriate speeds for the road conditions. MARTA buses are large vehicles that are susceptible to hydroplaning on wet roads. Excessive speed makes controlling a bus more difficult and can result in accidents.
- Turning Collisions: Sharp turns can be challenging for MARTA buses because of their size. At times, the bus driver may swing too wide, colliding with another vehicle or disrupting traffic at an intersection.
How to Establish Negligence in a MARTA Bus Accident Lawsuit
To claim damages after a MARTA bus accident, you need to prove the driver’s negligence.
Spaulding Injury Law can help you establish negligence in a MARTA bus accident lawsuit by:
- Demonstrating the Driver’s Breach of Standard of Care: Proving negligence involves showing that the bus driver breached the standard of care. Our attorneys can help by demonstrating the driver was under the influence, driving inappropriately for the road conditions, or not paying attention.
- Establishing a Connection Between the Driver’s Actions and the Accident: You must also prove that the driver’s actions caused the accident and any resulting injuries. Our lawyers can help you present medical evidence of your injuries and their connection to the accident.
- Illustrating the Long-Term Impact of Injuries: If your claim involves permanent injuries, we can refer you to a doctor who can demonstrate how these injuries will affect your life long-term.
- Pursuing Compensation for Damages: Accident victims can file a claim for damages such as medical expenses, lost income, changes in mental capacity, loss of support, loss of enjoyment of life, and pain and suffering.
Spaulding Injury Law’s skilled MARTA bus accident attorneys can assemble a team of expert witnesses to establish liability and demonstrate the damages you are owed. We will stand by your side throughout the claims process, helping you recover the maximum compensation for your damages.
Don’t wait any longer to file a claim for the damages you rightfully deserve. Let Spaulding Injury Law help you recover and rebuild your life after a MARTA bus accident.
What Are the Damages You Can Recover After a MARTA Accident?
After a MARTA bus accident, you may be entitled to recover damages to compensate for the losses and injuries you’ve suffered. The types of damages you can recover include:
These damages cover the costs of all medical treatments related to your accident, such as hospital bills, doctor visits, surgeries, rehabilitation, therapy, prescription medications, and any future medical expenses that may arise from the injuries you sustained.
If the accident caused you to miss work, you could recover compensation for the income you lost during your recovery period, including your regular salary and any bonuses, commissions, or other employment benefits you might have missed out on.
LOSS OF EARNING CAPACITY
If your injuries limit your ability to work or perform your job in the same way you did before the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the decrease in your earning capacity.
PAIN AND SUFFERING
This refers to the physical pain, discomfort, and emotional distress caused by the accident and your injuries. Pain and suffering can be difficult to quantify, but it can be a huge part of your overall compensation.
The psychological impact of an accident can lead to anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or other mental health issues. You can recover damages for the emotional toll the accident has taken on your life.
LOSS OF ENJOYMENT OF LIFE
If your injuries have caused a diminished quality of life or prevented you from enjoying activities or hobbies, you may be compensated for this loss.
LOSS OF CONSORTIUM OR COMPANIONSHIP
Spouses or close family members of the injured party may be entitled to damages for the loss of companionship, emotional support, or the negative impact on their relationship due to the accident.
If your personal property was damaged in the accident, such as your vehicle or personal belongings, you could recover the costs to repair or replace those items.
In some cases, if the at-fault party’s actions were especially reckless or malicious, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the responsible party and deter similar behavior in the future.
Contact Spaulding Injury Law Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a MARTA bus accident, don’t hesitate to seek legal help. Contact Spaulding Injury Law today for dedicated and compassionate representation. Our team of experienced MARTA attorneys will work to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses. We understand the complexities of MARTA accident cases and are prepared to take your case to trial on your behalf.
During your free consultation, we will go over your case, talk about your options, and work together to create a strategic plan to maximize your recovery. Time is of the essence, as there are strict deadlines for filing a claim, so don’t wait to reach out to our team.
Call Spaulding Injury Law today or fill out our online contact form to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation. Let our MARTA bus accident lawyers help you get your life back on track after an accident.