Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Lawrenceville GA
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Gwinnett County
Fighting For the Compensation You Need To Pay Your Hospital Bills And More
- The National Trial Lawyers Association has included Attorney Theodore Spaulding and Attorney Jeremy Hayes on its Top 100 Trial Lawyers list.
- The award-winning personal injury attorneys at our law firm provide personal attention to each client and fight to get you money for lost wages, medical bills, etc.
- We earn our clients large settlements and have been nationally recognized as one of the best law firms in the state.
- You won’t have to pay for our honest and aggressive representation until we are able to recover the best amount of compensation on your behalf.
- If you are interested in working with a lawyer from our office, take a look at our reviews to see what other clients have to say about their experiences with us.
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating. Motorcyclists may sustain serious injuries during an accident, including road rash, fractured bones, crushed limbs, head trauma, and spinal cord damage.
The consequences of these injuries could affect the rest of the victim’s life, including the ability to earn an income and live independently. Fortunately, motorcycle accident victims do have legal options.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another person’s negligence, you may be able to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Speak to a Lawrenceville GA motorcycle accident attorney at Spaulding Injury Law today to learn about your legal options. Call us by phone at 678-541-8841 or fill out the online contact form on our website.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Below are some popular questions we have been asked about motorcycle crashes:
- What Kinds Of Motorcycle Accidents Does Our Lawrenceville Law Firm Handle?
- What Should You Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
- How Much Compensation Can You Recover After a Motorcycle Accident?
- How Can A Team Of Qualified Lawyers Help After a Motorcycle Accident?
- How Does the Motorcycle Accident Claim Process Work?
- How Much Does a Lawrenceville Motorcycle Accident Attorney Cost?
What Kinds Of Motorcycle Accidents Does Our Lawrenceville Law Firm Handle?
Motorcycle accidents often involve a motorcycle and a car. In many cases, the accident is the driver of the vehicle’s fault. These accidents often occur when cars make left turns, pass through an intersection, or attempt to change lanes and fail to see a motorcyclist.
Accidents can also occur because of intoxicated or distracted drivers, lane-splitting, or hazards in the middle of the road, such as potholes or large debris. It’s also common for motorcyclists to get rear-ended as they sit in traffic. Unfortunately, even a minor fender bender like this could be tragic for the motorcyclist. At Spaulding Injury Law, we handle all of these types of cases and more and ready to fight for you.
What Should You Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
- Seeking medical attention. Your first priority after a motorcycle accident should be seeking medical attention for yourself or anyone else who has been severely injured in the crash. Even if no one has suffered severe injuries, you should still call the authorities and request that a police officer come to the scene of the accident to take a report. This report will be a crucial piece of evidence in your personal injury claim, so it’s very important that you don’t skip this step.
- Contact a Lawyer. After you have been treated by a medical professional, the next step is to contact an attorney regarding your case. Personal injury cases can be complex in general, so the sooner that you contact a motorcycle accident lawyer, the better.
- Document Evidence. If you are not severely injured, document as much evidence as possible at the scene of the accident. Take pictures of your visible injuries, property damage, traffic signs, and any debris in the road that may have contributed to the accident. If there was a group of witnesses around, ask them for their contact information but don’t discuss the accident any further with them. Gathering all of this evidence will help your attorney determine liability in the accident.
If you do not receive medical attention at the scene, visit a doctor or emergency room as soon as possible after the accident. It’s imperative that you document all of the symptoms you are experiencing and injuries you have sustained immediately following the accident if you plan on filing a personal injury claim. Keep a copy of the medical records, and begin to keep track of any expenses you incur as a result of your injuries.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover After A Motorcycle Accident?
The amount of compensation that you may be able to receive after a motorcycle accident will vary depending on a number of factors. There are three different types of compensation that you may be able to receive if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident: economic damages, non-economic damages, and punitive damages.
Economic damages are awarded to victims that have incurred expenses or suffered losses after a motorcycle accident. For example, these damages would be used to compensate victims for medical expenses or lost wages related to their injuries.
Non-economic damages are given to victims who can show that they have emotionally suffered as a result of the accident. For instance, a motorcycle accident victim who sustained a traumatic brain injury may receive non-economic damages to compensate him for the drastic reduction in his quality of life caused by the injury. This change in the quality of his life would probably affect him emotionally and help him recover these damages.
Finally, there are punitive damages. These damages are not awarded to compensate the plaintiff for anything in particular.
Instead, punitive damages are awarded to the plaintiff in cases where the court finds that the defendant was extremely negligent. Awarding punitive damages is a way of punishing the defendant for his incredibly reckless actions that led to the accident.
How Can A Team Of Qualified Lawyers Help After A Motorcycle Accident?
Many people often wonder why they need a Lawrenceville personal injury attorney to help them file a claim after a motorcycle accident. It’s not required that you work with an attorney, but it’s a wise decision to do so.
Why? First and foremost, the injuries that you sustain in a motorcycle accident may be severe, and you may have too much on your plate to handle the legal aspects of your case.
After an accident, you will also need to negotiate with the insurance company to reach a settlement. This may sound easy, but it’s not. The insurance adjuster that is assigned to your case will attempt to get you to accept a low settlement offer or admit fault so the insurance company does not have to pay out as much.
Some of the tactics that they use to achieve these goals are tricky, so you may fall for them without even realizing it. Luckily, victims can rely on experienced personal injury attorneys to handle the negotiations with the insurance company. In fact, the motorcycle accident lawyers at Spaulding Injury Law used to work for insurance companies, so they know how to negotiate with insurance adjusters better than anyone.
There’s also a chance that your case will go to trial. This only occurs if you are unable to reach a settlement with the insurance company out of the courtroom. Although going to trial is unlikely, it’s best that you prepare for this scenario by working with an attorney at law who can represent you in court if needed. For more information on how motorcycle accident attorneys can help you file a personal injury claim, visit our blog.
How Does the Motorcycle Accident Claim Process Work?
Most people haven’t had much experience with injury cases, so it is a common question regarding how the process of getting compensation works. While each case is different, the following is a brief overview of how many cases proceed. To discuss your specific situation and what you might expect, talk to a Lawrenceville motorcycle accident attorney directly today.
Evaluating Your Case
The first step in a motorcycle accident claim is to determine whether you have a claim and who it should be against. Sometimes, liability can be obvious, such as when a drunk driver hit your motorcycle and was then arrested and convicted of impaired driving. But that still might not be the full story, as other parties might also be responsible for your losses that weren’t even present at the crash scene.
Some liable parties can include:
- Employers of drivers if the accident happened while the driver was working
- Rideshare companies
- Motorcycle manufacturers
- Construction crews or government departments that allowed road hazards
Filing Insurance Claims
Once your Lawrenceville motorcycle accident attorney determines all parties that should be liable in your case, they can prepare and file the necessary insurance claims. Preparation includes:
- Gathering evidence of liability
- Calculating your past and future losses
- Presenting documentation to support your losses claimed
Filing the claim officially begins the process of demanding compensation from liable parties and their insurers.
Negotiating a Settlement Offer
If you have a valid claim and evidence to back it up, you might expect the insurance company to simply write you a check for all of your stated losses. Unfortunately, this isn’t the way the process works in many cases.
Instead, insurance companies usually offer much less than a claimant deserves hoping they can save money if you accept the offer. Your attorney will review offers and advise you whether they are fair or whether they need to negotiate for more. You want a lawyer who is a skilled negotiator and who won’t push you into accepting the first offer you receive if it is too low.
If the insurance company agrees in negotiations to offer an amount that covers your losses, you can accept the offer. You will receive payment, and the case will be resolved.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
If the insurance company refuses to make a fair offer, your attorney can escalate the matter by filing a personal injury lawsuit in civil court against all the liable parties. The insurance companies of these parties will defend the lawsuit, so they might even raise the offer to avoid litigation. If not, litigation will begin.
There are different steps to a motorcycle accident lawsuit, including:
- Filing the complaint, and the defendants have the right to respond
- Discovery, which involves each side training information and evidence regarding the issues in the case
- Pretrial motions, which allow attorneys to make requests of the judge to dismiss or rule on issues in the case
- Pretrial conferences between your attorney and the insurance company, which allow them to negotiate a settlement agreement to resolve the matter without going to trial
- Trial, which requires each side to present its case before a jury that will then decide whether you deserve compensation and how much
Most cases that require litigation get resolved through a settlement agreement before trial.
How Much Does a Lawrenceville Motorcycle Accident Attorney Cost?
Because the claim process is so complicated, it is important that you have the right Lawrenceville motorcycle accident attorney representing you from the start. But what about the cost of legal representation? Don’t lawyers charge expensive fees? Can’t you save money by trying to handle the matter on your own?
Motorcycle accident attorneys know that injury victims are already feeling financial stress, so they take injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means:
- Case evaluations are always free
- If you have a valid case, the lawyer accepts the case with no up front retainer or fees
- The law firm covers the costs of the claim process
- If you receive a settlement, the lawyer’s fees are a percentage of the settlement that you agreed to from the beginning
- The lawyer’s fees and cost reimbursement come straight from the settlement, so you never need to pay anything out of pocket
- If you do not receive a settlement, the lawyer does not receive any payment either
Because represented people often receive higher settlements, hiring legal help can work out in your favor instead of costing you any money.
Contact Our Lawrenceville GA Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Let Us Fight For You!
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, trust the attorneys at Spaulding Injury Law with over two decades of experience. Our Lawrenceville GA motorcycle accident attorneys take the time to develop a personal relationship with each client that we represent and pride ourselves on giving each case the attention that it deserves. Our law firm has a number of different practice areas, including motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, and car accidents.
Please schedule a free consultation today by calling our office at 678-541-8841 or filling out the online contact form on our website. We have offices located in Lawrenceville, Atlanta, Cumming, and Alpharetta, and serve clients throughout Gwinnett County and within every zip code of the greater Atlanta area. You won’t have to pay any attorneys’ fees unless we help you recover the compensation that you deserve!
If you are interested in learning tips for staying safe when riding, join the Official Georgia Bikers Unite Facebook Group by clicking here.
Get In Touch With Us.
CALL FOR A FREE CONSULTATIONSchedule your free consultation